Omega bumper 1944. Letter under Ref.?

I bought a really nice Omega Bumper with ref. 2421-1 H this week. Unfortunately my geiger counter shows 21 Microsievert/h for the dial. Which is about 100x the natural level of radiation on this planet. Better let it go.

Still it's an interesting piece of watch movement history from 1944. What I couldn't find on the Internet is an info on that letter under the ref. no. 2421-1. What does the H stand for?

IMG20231228161352.jpg IMG_20231227_134534.jpg IMG_20231228_163831.jpg

Dibs!
Wish I could help on the H, more help will be coming.
When you are my age, the counter readings are less ominous.
What happened to the bumper spring at 6:00?
I think it was salvaged from a ball-point pen.

Stunning watch and well done!

What happened to the bumper spring at 6:00?
I think it was salvaged from a ball-point pen.
You're right. Both springs look like they need some attention. What's surprising to me is that the watch is 80 yrs old and I see no watchmaker signs in the case back. Most watches from the era have plenty.

Did you not expect radiation from a watch with a bumper movement?

Personally, for a watch I’ll probably only wear a few times a year, emission from radium lume presents a negligible risk. I’ve done the calculations. If you know how to do it, you might make a calculation and compare to levels that are considered safe, not to background.

Incredible dangerous ! Send it over and we can dispose of it in the correct and safe way . We don't even charge for that. Pure Heart !

Did you not expect radiation from a watch with a bumper movement?

Personally, for a watch I’ll probably only wear a few times a year, emission from radium lume presents a negligible risk. I’ve done the calculations. If you know how to do it, you might make a calculation and compare to levels that are considered safe, not to background.

My family thinks I'm crazy for having Radium watches. But I know quite a bit about the risks since I own about 30 radium dial watches. So low levels don't really frighten me. I don't stick my nose into the open watch and I keep them in an airtight container that I only open outside. The level of radiation is so low that like 1meter away the emissions are hardly measurable. Most of these watches bring the scale up to 1-2 Microsievert/h. My hottest watch out of 30 is a Doxa hitting 8 Microsievert/h. So I was expecting radiation, but this one is too much for me to feel comfortable.

Still noone here who knows what the H stands for?
It is a makers mark, but Omega used a lot of contractors to make these cases.
gatorcpa