Forums Latest Members

Omega 'Boutique' Visit - City of London - Bank 11th August 2020

1. adrian scott Aug 12, 2020

Hello,
    Just wanted to share my experience in the City of London visiting an Omega Boutique yesterday.
    It was very smart, but clinical and dispassionate. I looked at Speedmasters but even the lighting created an artificial environment where I couldn't connect with my passion for Omega. New v. Classic? The salesman showed no real interest in my Ed White, in comparison with his watches he was trying to sell me. Felt like just a business. Gave me a speil about Omega discontinuing the reference etc etc ....
    The London Exchange Mall where the Boutique is, was still affected by COVID19, so weird and empty.
    The upside was that I got an Omega glove out of it!!
    It made me appreciate omegaforums.net and the intense passion of its members. Thank you!!!

GloveOmega2.jpg

DaveK and Zapatta like this.
  2. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 12, 2020

yeah...Royal Exchange Omega is not the best place to go. The JLC Boutique round the corner is usually a much better experience.

Come to think of it, that's true of most London Omega & JLC boutiques I've been in over the last few years :rolleyes:

adrian scott likes this.
  3. Adb_85 Aug 12, 2020

I collected my Speedy Tuesday Ultraman from there and had a similar experience. It wasn’t as if they had to sell me a particular model but it just seemed like a cold and unfriendly transaction

adrian scott likes this.
  4. stevec14 Aug 12, 2020

I’ve never liked the royal exchange boutique. My personal experience has always been great at regents street and crap elsewhere. I should say that I have a decent purchase history at regents street however.

in fairness it’s next door to watchfinder and a patek boutique so they must get some demanding punters.

others may vary however.

SpikiSpikester and adrian scott like this.
  5. rootbeer7 Aug 13, 2020

Not the warmest experience there! It’s actually a shame that your piece wasn’t recognised, considering its history.

adrian scott likes this.
  6. kip595 Aug 13, 2020

Sorry to hear that. @stevec14 I do recall Regent's being much more personable as well, actually.

7. Boony Aug 13, 2020

I've bought a 60th anniversary (2915 homage) and 50th Moonshine from them. They're ok in there but not that knowledgeable about vintage Omega pieces. I too went in with an Ed White and they for sure didn't appreciate what it was. When I went in to pick up the Moonshine, they welcomed me as a past customer with 'how are you enjoying your Speedy Tuesday'? For a moment I was like... 'Its Monday, what do you mean'. Then I realised they had just got my purchase history wrong! Anyway, they fed me a bottle of Bollinger last time I was there so they're 'ok' in my book, I suppose.

8. Aludic @SpeedyBirthYear Aug 13, 2020

From personal experience, it is worth travelling to the Oxford Street boutique instead. Passionate staff and pleasant experience. Found myself discussing the ST1 with one of the the staff members who also happens to own one personally and had a nice chat about his vintage Omega Dynamic with one of his colleagues. Much more of a brand experience there!

9. chaw6125 Aug 13, 2020

I had an OK experience in there before. But it did seem like you are an inconvenience until they start speaking to you. I find the same in Watchfinder there and the WoS branch. Whenever I have been in there I have always been wearing an Omega or Rolex and wearing a shirt and trousers but kind of seem like I am not considered a big enough client.

The Stratford Westfield OB was great the couple of times I used them. One guy had a snoopy pin on his lapel and was very passionate and knowledgeable. That has since shut though so I tend to use Beaverbrooks as a colleagues wife works there and looks after me. I'm not going to be buying any more watches, but straps, clasps, NATOs etc. are still pricey and my money is as good as anybodys.

10. Martin_J_N Aug 13, 2020

Only been into the store once, whilst I was waiting to meet someone for lunch, the staff seemed nice, I was wearing my Speedmaster which may have helped. I do remember the noisy man in his smart suit trying to blag a discount on a Planet Ocean and belittling the staff in shop so everyone could hear, in the end the SA told the customer politely but rather bluntly that the price was not negotiable, it was the price on the ticket, did sir want the watch? A card was produced and the transaction completed, I had to smile.

buramu likes this.