Forums Latest Members

Omega Boutique - A nice place to visit

1. Martin_J_N Aug 29, 2020

A few weeks back I had ordered the leather strap from the Seamaster 300 and deployant for my Railmaster from my OB, a couple of days ago I received a call from my OB to say that the items had arrived and if I bring the watch in one of the team will fit it for me. So this morning I arrived at the store, no appointment, was welcomed in and met by the manager who showed me to a table and said that he would fit the strap for me.

So after a few minutes and a good chat about watches, the strap was fitted.

The frustration in the store not being allowed to offer a full buying experience, or any refreshments at all was made very clear, business is getting back to normal but not fully there just yet. The management team really want to get back to how it was before Covid as they are very conscious that when you are spending £4000+ on a single item it is not like shopping at the supermarket or buying clothes it is a big purchase and needs to be handled accordingly.

After 20 minuets we left, watch now on its new strap, we had spent a very relaxed time in store, chatted about watches, had confirmation of the 6.6% price rise from Tuesday, mused about Rolex and the forthcoming new Submariner.

Next we wandered over to the Rolex store, no one was in the store so we went to walk in, but we were stopped by security guy on the door, sorry you have to have an appointment, but no one is in the store, sorry but that's the rules. No attempt by the staff to change the guards decision even though they we stood chatting amongst themselves not busy at all. I understand that jewellery stores have their own rules and regulations in these strange times but to stop people coming in when the store is empty? I wouldn't mind but I have bought watches in the store and they know me. Strange times indeed.

Cyber and OMEGAWD2020 like this.
  2. YY77 Aug 29, 2020

A no pics thread:eek:

they passed on an opportunity to sell you a Cellini diamond they have in store for years collecting dust::screwloose::.

connieseamaster and Martin_J_N like this.
  3. Martin_J_N Aug 29, 2020

Pictures of the reason for my visit today.

6A8731AB-5229-452A-B274-98FB97F8E86C.jpeg 0309CE3B-4691-480D-916F-6D8029E22E60.jpeg

kkt, buramu, ama98 and 1 other person like this.
  4. YY77 Aug 29, 2020

Martin_J_N likes this.
  5. Marsimaxam Aug 29, 2020

Yesterday I stopped by the local Omega Boutique to pick up the book I had ordered, unfortunately, only curbside delivery, however, the sells person brought down a bag of goodies as a thank you gift including a $25.00 gift card to Tocaya Organica, an organic Mexican restaurant.

Martin_J_N likes this.
  6. kkt Aug 30, 2020

What book did you get? AJTT?

7. Evitzee Aug 30, 2020

Right now I have little interest in visiting luxury shops. My wife and I drove in to San Antonio yesterday, she wanted to do some shopping, go to Trader Joe's and then we had a reservation for dinner. It was 102 F yesterday and LaCantera is one of those lifestyle malls.....all open, which makes little sense in places with extreme summer or winter weather. Did I really want to schlep over to the Omega boutique, don a mask, and then look and talk watches? Nah, waited in the car and then went grocery shopping and then to dinner. I'll wait until sanity returns, hopefully later this year, before returning to the little in-person shopping I do anymore.

jsducote likes this.