Forums Latest Members

Omega Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Moonwatch Gold and Steel. Any in the wild yet?

1. rominvicta Oct 9, 2019

My hesitation on flipping is actually because I will deprive someone else of being able to really enjoy it. And there are a couple of people behind queuing to get it.

D.D. and Bp1000 like this.
  2. abrod520 Oct 9, 2019

The subdial looks more jarring in photos but on the wrist it's quite small. You may as well at least go check it out in person before making the decision on whether or not to take delivery

3. YY77 Oct 9, 2019

I would recommend to see it in the metal and decide to take it or leave it, I must say the buzz thing is not in your face when you get to wear it for a longer time.

4. dscoogs Oct 9, 2019

I was on the fence also, until I tried it on and afterwards put on a strap. I won't be around for the 100th anniversary LE so plan to keep this.

Whatever you decide, note that there is 1 that has been for sale in the WFS section for 11.5K since 9/8. Same seller offers a gold one for 34k, below US MSRP ...

0.jpg

5. Stufflers Mom Oct 9, 2019

I think............well everybody knows what I think, just remember dealers are paying out less for these and as others have said the 9 sub dial is not such an issue as it might look in a blown up photo.

6. rominvicta Oct 9, 2019

For me its sufficient to even subconsciously know that staggering subdial exist! Its a pity but that how it goes.

7. stevec14 Oct 9, 2019

That’s true. Our man here did ok, but many have quoted less than list which is understandable given the grey market pricing is still less than stable and I still think there are quite a few watches yet to be delivered.

Don’t buy it unless you want it. You might lose a few quid.

rominvicta likes this.
  8. rominvicta Oct 9, 2019

You got me steered in the right direction! Thanks!

9. Stufflers Mom Oct 9, 2019

I don't think it will get to a negative equity situation any time soon, that said I received £1300 less for my second watch, but even that was still £1300 more than rrp.

rominvicta likes this.
  10. stevec14 Oct 9, 2019

Yes, my experience has usually resulted in a loss. What you say is fair. But with the omega price rise and the shrinking gret prices the margin is becoming less for those yet to pick up....

rominvicta likes this.
  11. Stufflers Mom Oct 9, 2019

Mine too, in terms of watches that I've made a profit or loss on the last 100 watches I've bought, I've lost money on 90% of them and I was fully aware that my hobby would cost money.

D.D. and rominvicta like this.
  12. scapa Oct 9, 2019

Yep. I feel like the line between "hobby" and "expenditure" is pretty fine. But as I tell my partner, at least it ain't online gambling.

Replies she: It kinda is.

D.D. and rominvicta like this.
  13. petay993 Oct 9, 2019

The thing with the sub dial is, in blown up pics it looks a bit garish but on the wrist you just see a small splash of gold detailing, it really isn't an issue visually and I am in the camp of wishing it wasn't actually there but there is a beagle on the Snoopy and that gets a free pass!!

Riadhk and YY77 like this.
  14. rominvicta Oct 9, 2019

I doubt you would have said that if only arse and back of Snoopy were visible!

15. Evitzee Oct 10, 2019

@rominvicta You can't make any decisions until you see and handle the watch. If you aren't sure I'd still buy it, I wouldn't be concerned about depriving someone else, who might end up being a flipper anyway. At list price it would be a simple sale if you decide it's not for you.

rominvicta likes this.
  16. petay993 Oct 10, 2019

Lol just trying to help, based on your response, if serious, this is NOT the watch for you. There you go decision made:confused:

rominvicta likes this.
  17. rominvicta Oct 10, 2019

Agreed!

petay993 likes this.
  18. rominvicta Oct 10, 2019

Made a pass. I would like to leave it to someone else, who would hopefully enjoy it and will not flip it. Otherwise it is clear that I might have bought it and if I did not like it I would have been able flipping it at list price immediately, but that’s not my cup of tea. That would be unfair to someone queuing already and hoping to get it. Looking forward to James Bond themed Seamaster and next year Snoopy!

D.D., repoman, Newatch321 and 8 others like this.
  19. speedy_fan Oct 10, 2019

My OB called me today on the arrival of the Apollo 11 50th steel, I head down to the boutique to view the watch in person.
    Without any regrets, I turned down the watch offer as I feel the gold portion is just too much for me. Hope someone on their waitlist would be able to get theirs.

D.D., Newatch321, Archer and 5 others like this.
  20. rominvicta Oct 11, 2019

Did the same yesterday, though on a slightly different reason!