Forums Latest Members

Omega Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Moonwatch Gold and Steel. Any in the wild yet?

1. Evitzee Sep 29, 2019

This should be fun......::popcorn::

speedyproftw likes this.
  2. Evitzee Sep 29, 2019

This should be fun ...... ::popcorn::

3. Pun Sep 29, 2019

Thanks for posting. So we can enjoy the bracelet with other Speedmaster editions with ease. There was previously some concern about the construction of the links near spring bars. I’m sorry if I missed that part of discussion here on forum.

4. snarkq Sep 29, 2019

::psy::

Pun likes this.
  5. speedyproftw Sep 30, 2019

It definitely works great on the Snoopy, although the case on this watch is a little thicker than normal modern Speedmasters. I'll be curious to see if it works as well on a "standard" Speedmaster, but I suspect the real trick is just using the correct spring bars to give it enough play. It's really a solid fit on the Snoopy, though.

Pun likes this.
  6. padders Oooo subtitles! Sep 30, 2019

Can you turn it over and get a pic of how the ridge on the end link sits. That seemed to be the stumbling block.

7. speedyproftw Sep 30, 2019

On the Snoopy case, it's a solid fit. One caveat is the case for the Snoopy is a little thicker than a standard modern Speedmaster, so I'm not sure the fit would be exactly the same on a standard Speedy Pro. The Apollo 11 bracelet doesn't have the usual metal tabs/wings like other Speedmaster bracelets, but the end links aren't moving around and seem very solidly connected. You'll notice the end links sit a little "low" but that's just based on where the lug holes are on the Snoopy case. Snoopy.jpg

Pun likes this.
  8. padders Oooo subtitles! Sep 30, 2019

I doubt the Snoopy midcase is any different to the sapphire sandwhich mid case, but may be slightly different as you say to the Hesalite case.

it looks like the ridge is sitting on the case and twisting the end piece a little so I wouldn’t quite call it a perfect fit but if it works, it works. The shorter spring bar presumably allows enough play for it to work. Just be careful you aren’t risking a bar failure. Crashing to the ground would not be a nice fate for a Snoooy.

Edited Sep 30, 2019
  9. speedyproftw Sep 30, 2019

I have a sapphire sandwich, and the Snoopy midcase is a little thicker. And don't worry I'll be conducting some NASA approved robustness tests on my new configuration before I take Snoopy out into the wild! ;)

10. Japanred Sep 30, 2019

Only a fool would sell this watch.

YY77 likes this.
  11. Japanred Sep 30, 2019

Nice. This looks better than the original black strap. I am due to get an A11 50th and also have a Snoopy award. What’s the chance of me being able to get a second A11 bracelet that I could permanently put on my snoopy?

12. Stufflers Mom Sep 30, 2019

Sold two of them to Chronext Germany, very happy with the funds generated in such a short space of time.

13. Japanred Sep 30, 2019

Have you, really? I didn’t realise. You don’t mention it often...

Riadhk, bazderome, taz101 and 2 others like this.
  14. Stufflers Mom Sep 30, 2019

Not mentioned as much as some people claiming to be on lists of people who will get a watch with no real prospect of getting anything.

15. efthi Sep 30, 2019

Why? I am taking all plastics away in a couple of days and enjoying to the fullest, this watch is a true beauty and the first Speedy I truly fell in love the moment I saw it on the promo video

Japanred likes this.
  16. Japanred Sep 30, 2019

I’m yet to hear a convincing argument for buying and selling this within the space of a few weeks.

Greed isn’t a convincing argument by the way Stuffler.

17. jpjsavage Sep 30, 2019

Nor me, and I wouldn't have thought it was something to boast about on a forum like this either.

Riadhk, Pun, Archer and 3 others like this.
  18. Stufflers Mom Sep 30, 2019

I disagree on all of that, first I have not "boasted" about selling the watches, and secondly I have mentioned it simply as information about what to expect from a dealer if anyone was looking to move the watch on, and I've had PM comms to that effect so while it might not interest you there are others on here who are.

19. weimi1 Sep 30, 2019

Since I also collect watches, I think nothing of this procedure. But it seems modern today to artificially push up prices, as there is no interest on the bank. I'm just sorry for those who are really interested in such a watch, but unfortunately do not have the money to join in at any price.

20. Evitzee Sep 30, 2019

The purpose of a company is to make money for its owners or shareholders. If 6969 people are willing to pay $9-10k for this watch it is not artificially pushed up.

I would like a Ferrari, and I would like to fly by private jet, but I can't afford it, I don't expect anyone to feel sorry for me. Like it or not money makes the world go round.

Riadhk and Junta like this.