Forums Latest Members

Omega Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Moonwatch Gold and Steel. Any in the wild yet?

1. jlam1127 Jul 3, 2019

You gotta expect some type of backlash, though.... Full Disclosure: It's your timepiece and you are well within your right to sell it, absolutely. But here's the rub I think.... There are collectors like me that truly enjoy these timepieces and buy them with the intention of wearing it and passing off to my son. However, there are times (like the Ultraman) that the timepiece gets swooped up by Pump and Dumpers to make a quick buck, thus leaving the true collectors to pay a premium over price. Think of it like concert tickets being "sold out", but actually the secondary resellers, buys them all up and then dumps them to the market for a huge mark up, just for profits. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.... at least that's what I think the brouhaha is......

Willsy182, Eve, Pun and 10 others like this.
  2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 3, 2019

Yes, it went from inviting criticism:

"I am selling it so if you want to tear me down have at it but I don't have to justify myself to anyone."

To turtling and crying to the mods pretty quickly...

TJH, Tubber, repoman and 7 others like this.
  3. taz101 Jul 3, 2019

Thats fine and I respect your opinion but I am not a millionaire and the only way I can afford pieces that I want to keep and hand down is to flip others to make a profit to offset, that is really it. If some people have an issue with that, that's fine too but I don't believe you should be abused for it One stated 'buy the seller' which I see as a defamation on my part and if you check my sales threads I have nearly 10 sales all with happy customers.

Speedys & Crypto, Dogmann and Evitzee like this.
  4. jlam1127 Jul 3, 2019

Brother, unfortunately that is the environment that we currently live in... the good and bad thing about having platforms and forums like this is that we get to express ourselves...everybody has an opinion and everyone wants to be heard. Look, I get where you're coming from, but know that whatever you post, wherever you post, you will open yourself up to scrutiny.... just the sign of the times. Just do you, but like I tell my kids, don't ever do something you can't defend rationally..... NOT SAYING WHAT YOU'RE DOING IS INDEFENSIBLE... just be cognizant of the potential crap storm that may ensue after....

Edited Jul 3, 2019
    taz101 likes this.
  5. taz101 Jul 3, 2019

I hear ya

6. Folgono Jul 3, 2019

"Viciously trolled". I almost dropped a tear. Your whole speech is contradictory. You want to make some business and make profit on hot models ? Well it is your right and I can respect that, but be frank about it and stop posing yourself as a victim of "vicious trolls", coming to cry here, justifying your behaviour saying that you are not a billionaire and that you do that because you need to fund a full gold model lol.

As you state this is a FREE forum, and people have the right to question your behaviour. Wether they have the right or not to do so in the sales section is another story, and this will be up to the mods.

You are on the internet, you choose to pick up a coveted LE to make profit, feel free to do so, do it on the forum, why not, but don't cry when people criticize your attitude respectfully. And don't tell that you don't have to justify yourself when you've just given shitty excuses instead of endorsing you're choice of making money out of LE (which I don't have much problem with).

7. taz101 Jul 3, 2019

Key there pal is RESPECTFULLY..which some have and I have responded to them respectfully..others not so much :)

Speedys & Crypto likes this.
  8. jlam1127 Jul 3, 2019

I think we all got our points across on this thread regarding "flipping" etc... but it's taking away from the spirit of this thread, which is the 50th LE... and I'm a bit envious of all of those who already received theirs! My OB here in the states still don't have any idea when it's getting shipped to them..... but hey, it's like that Christmas feeling again...something to look forward to.!

Caliber561 and taz101 like this.
  9. Evitzee Jul 3, 2019

Unfortunately there have been two camps for this watch since it was announced......the 'enthusiasts' and the 'naysayers'. Some think it is a nicely done tribute for the 50th anniversary while others grump about the quantity, price, wrong movement, or other personal issues. It does take away from what should be a celebration of buyers getting their watches. It's the nature of the internet & social media where everyone has to put out their personal opinion because everybody has been made to feel that their feelings are paramount.

I'm waiting for my OB to give me the call that my watch has arrived, it could be tomorrow, next week, or maybe a few months from now. Whatever, it's part of the journey. I've long accepted that you can't have everything when you want it.

Mr Gadget, taz101 and jlam1127 like this.
  10. LeonDeBayonne Jul 3, 2019

The issue here is not about flipping. It's about pretending that it is a major historical piece to prop up speculation and value. There is ebay for this kind of sales BS.

11. S.H. Jul 3, 2019

Also, it has been said OF is a free forum. As in free to express opinions, sure. But also as a free transaction platform. So I find it a bit tasteless to use OF to make some noise about a watch, then flip it for money in the FS section, then complaining to OF mods about some OF members not being happy about it. You may take the money, sure, you have the right, you may be also more quiet and maybe elegant about the whole affair?

12. amiga500 Jul 3, 2019

And on another note, here's mine, freshly unboxed this morning and enjoying its first day out :)

[​IMG]IMG_20190703_155046

13. Bille Jul 3, 2019

It truly is a nice watch - congrats.

amiga500 likes this.
  14. txylee Jul 3, 2019

very nice. Looking forward to this.

amiga500 likes this.
  15. jlam1127 Jul 3, 2019

I'm hoping the pictures aren't doing it justice ...... the more I look at it in pics, the more I'm losing interest in it.... but sure hope that wow factor is still there when I have it on my wrist....

wsfarrell likes this.
  16. taz101 Jul 3, 2019

I was the same as you man actually but it is nicely done in the flesh - the gold highlights are very classy and the milky thing people talk about you dont see but it changes a lot from bright light outside to indoor lighting, personally think it looks better slightly darker as the outdoor look the dial changes to a grey/blue

17. JamieG Jul 3, 2019

Excellent pic. And thread nicely back on topic after the sales diversion

Enjoy it in good health Sir

18. MTROIS Jul 3, 2019

So YOU are officially the first one on OF to not only get yours, but also to ACTUALLY wear it!! :thumbsup:

Congrats!!! Well done!! Enjoy it in good health... and looking forward to reading a review and some side by side comparisons with other Speedy models.

19. TJH Jul 3, 2019

The dial is essentially grey...

Taddyangle likes this.
  20. Mr Gadget Jul 3, 2019

was it from a London Boutique?

Speedys & Crypto and MikolajN like this.