Forums Latest Members

Omega Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Moonwatch Gold and Steel. Any in the wild yet?

1. Bille Jul 2, 2019

All you lucky owners of the new Apollo 11:) I wish I had the cash for this one. Together with the Apollo 8, this is one of the most beautiful ones Omega has ever made.

Speedys & Crypto likes this.
  2. Bille Jul 2, 2019

And the prices on the grey market seems to start between 15-25% above retail prices. Interesting to follow the price development the next couple of months.

What is you expectations to the price on a 4-5 months horisont. Are we above or below todays retail price?

3. taz101 Jul 2, 2019

Hard to say. The Ultraman went well above then came back down and sits a bit above. The Snoopy went a bit above, then some more above then stratosphere above, the Spectre which is similar number run to this went a fair amount above but this is the most significant piece arguably, since the first speedy so I think it will always be above

4. nickw Jul 2, 2019

Obsession with re-sale pricing is just squeezing the enjoyment of this hobby out of me drop by drop. It feels like 60% of the content here is talking about secondary market pricing. I need to take a break but something tells me this trend is only going to get worse.

5. Evitzee Jul 2, 2019

Don't let the price talk bother you, although I too would hope for a little less focus on what the current price is and more discussion from new owners about their impressions. I think the relatively high premium that Omega is charging for this piece is focusing people's thoughts on whether it is worth it. It'll pass. There will always be some that will be immediately put up for sale, that's just the way it is.

6. SpeedyBasti Jul 2, 2019

I do get your point. But honestly, I do enjoy that part of my hobby. I like to talk about the development and prices. For me this particular piece is stunning. I am a big Omega fan but not in particular a fan off the Speedmaster. A collector friend of mine did show me this reference and I have to say this watch is really beautiful. In addition, I did show the watch to some friends which are not into watches, and they were all amazed. I think that this watch is attracting a lot of non typical Speedy buyers, because the look is really stunning and exclusive. In Germany, they were all sold out way before. Some ADs told me that people started to get on the list 3-4 years ago without even knowing what is coming for the 50th anniversary. I talked to Omega and in Germany about 160 should be allocated.

7. petay993 Jul 2, 2019

The ebay one at £8750 didn't hang about!

8. taz101 Jul 2, 2019

It's now back however as someone pointed out something isn't right with this seller. His address is 'ABCDEFG' and he seems to be using library pictures so clearly doesn't even have it with cash on collection only - any buyer be very careful potential mugging operation imo

9. srleadjb Jul 2, 2019

I checked in with my OB (Los Angeles/Beverly Center) this morning. They said that they have started to ship to boutiques but that they have not received any yet. He mentioned that it would depend on where I’am on the list when I would receive it and also said he had no way of knowing where I was in the order. He said that the boutique will usually receive an email with the customer name on it a few days prior to receiving it. He said hopefully this month or next. He had previously told me that they sold 14 of them from this boutique alone.

10. rob#1 Jul 2, 2019

I’ve never seen a strap described as ‘vegan’ before. What else is it made of, other than cork?

11. JamieG Jul 2, 2019

Patiently waiting for the call from London Boutique. I guess I should chase them for an update. TBH I’d prefer it to come from my local AD but that seems not to be an option.

12. JamieG Jul 2, 2019

Compressed tenderstem broccoli leaves maybe

rob#1 likes this.
  13. taz101 Jul 2, 2019

Gold bits

14. CJpickup57 Jul 2, 2019

taz101 likes this.
  15. rominvicta Jul 2, 2019

Just going through the latest post here, makes me think there are so many sockpuppet responses here that objective posts are minority!

16. taz101 Jul 3, 2019

I just want to say, as i've been viciously trolled by some members on this forum which i've come to greatly value over my years as an Omega collector to which I have many as well as Rolex. Just because I buy some watches to sell, gives you NO right to seek me out to abuse and attempt to humiliate me. I do not have to justify myself to any of you if I decide to sell something and if I comment on what I think about a watch..that's also my right to do so. I have been accused of being a 'PIMP' on this forum. Having commented on everything to 'PUMP UP' my sales and having a 'USUAL STRATEGY'. Some of you need to understand the only reason others get first in line on these pieces is because we work hard with ADs to build strong relationships buying lots of watches..some I keep, some I sell. That's it. I've already had two people post abuse about me on my own sales thread for this watch which I think is disgusting (all saved and screenshotted then reported)

So I will say lastly, this forum should be a free FORUM where members can post, comment, sell without being witch hunted by others or send abuse.

Apologies for going off topic and please enjoy this great historical piece.

[​IMG]

Willsy182, mojothewolf, yande and 7 others like this.
  17. orlis Jul 3, 2019

Sorry, you first said you can't afford to keep both, then decided to sell one of it with big premium and then you claim you do not have to justify yourself. You certainly do not have to justify yourself if you don't feel a need, but why stated in the first place the only reason you bought the steel version was to obtain gold one? if it is true, I assume you could just sell it for RSP to anyone who did not make it on the list.
    I don't care if you wanted to make quick profit from it, but please be frank about it.

Eve, BenBagbag, MTROIS and 7 others like this.
  18. taz101 Jul 3, 2019

Because I need to offset sales to be able to buy other pieces that I actually want is the reason. Yes I could sell the steel version at retail but sorry I want to buffer some money back as the gold is going to cost me a lot of money!

Dogmann, Evitzee and orlis like this.
  19. incursore61 Jul 3, 2019

hey, man, it is sure that you can do what you want with your watches but don't come here to complain if you receive criticism, we are not on ebay ..

Ian_km, JamieG, S.H. and 2 others like this.
  20. Mr Blond Jul 3, 2019

I think it will be below retail, there are just too many. There were half as many LE 60th anniversary editions and you can still buy the Seamaster and railmaster new.