Forums Latest Members

Omega Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Moonwatch Gold and Steel. Any in the wild yet?

1. GadgetGuy88 Sep 18, 2019

I agree. They are legitimate and fairly transparent about what they offer. -I prefer to work with smaller businesses, but that’s just me. Like, has anyone got a contact who can get more info on the Joma situation re the Apollo 50th? Like what any of us could do with an OF seller?

Japanred likes this.
  2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 18, 2019

https://omegaforums.net/search/11484490/?q=Jomashop&o=date&c[title_only]=1

Plenty of posts over the years if you search.

GadgetGuy88 likes this.
  3. EricCsN Sep 18, 2019

I have seen good things said about them, principally highly attractive low prices which is really what matters to the majority of people (and even when factoring cost of servicing). It is a grey seller but if there are no erased serial number issues from them, it would be fine . I am open and interested to know the outcome of this development. Personally I would have no problems with cheap watches with them but would not dare attempt with an expensive purchase.

Edited Sep 18, 2019
    Japanred and GadgetGuy88 like this.
  4. Pepe Lucas Sep 18, 2019

The more I think about the Joma deal the more I think that there is something catchy. First of all why would they sell it under MSRP, specially now since not all the watches are out and the asking prices every where else is higher. It would make sense if the market was already flooded with unwanted pieces. They are supposed to sell to make money if anything selling at msrp would be really good deal to get the attention of the public. You know what they say, if it sounds too good to be true.

5. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Sep 18, 2019

I think you are assuming they spend a lot of time researching each watch they get in to sell. While I agree it sounds a bit 'too good to be true', there are ADs and OBs in some parts of the world where prices are lower due to exchange rates, etc., and they can also have trouble moving inventory because not enough people in their area can afford expensive watches. There are a couple of resellers on OF who are sometimes able to obtain LEs at prices lower than that paid in the US or the UK, and sell them below what some of us would pay through an OB.

6. Pepe Lucas Sep 18, 2019

I agree with you about them getting some LE’s at a discount for what ever reason but why leave money on the table right now. That is the part that makes me think that there is something else. They are charging over 3k for a submariner and 14k more over msrp for a Daytona. I know that they are not exactly apples to apples but it shows that a business is supposed to make money when they can. Do you think Joma would have trouble selling the Apollo 50th at MSRP.

Japanred and YY77 like this.
  7. jzra Sep 18, 2019

I have the same point of view as you... grey market for this particullary watch at least for this moment doesn't see right

And the prices for Omega, Rolex and others luxury brands are very equalized across the world at this time. I live in a poor country and was impossible to buy this watch on a AD or OB because all soldout very quickly (just a very few came).

8. DouglasFair Sep 20, 2019

Anybody in Canada received their watch yet? Especially in the Toronto area? I've been patiently, but eagerly, awaiting mine.

9. Ian_km Sep 21, 2019

I got a call out of the blue yesterday from The Birmingham UK Omega boutique for a 50th that had just arrived, didn’t even realise I was still on their list! Must have been 18 months ago I spoke to them, fair play to them for contacting me since I’ve not spoke with them since.

However I’ve decided it’s not for me, happy to pass to the next on their list, may regret it but hey ho. The design just didn’t draw me in like others have, will wait and see what LEs get launched next.

Japanred likes this.
  10. padders Oooo subtitles! Sep 21, 2019

I passed on one from them too. Might be the same watch!

11. JamieG Sep 21, 2019

OB Bond Street told me that all London Boutiques have sold out their allocation and aren’t expecting any more.

12. Mach Sep 21, 2019

One of the local Boston ADs has one in stock. What an amazing Speedy!
    466663B1-0E18-4A16-884F-D3DA01BF8C49.jpeg

petay993, EricCsN and Speedimaster like this.
  13. stevec14 Sep 21, 2019

Did you try the Apollo 8 in the picture on too.

Mach likes this.
  14. Evitzee Sep 21, 2019

Looks like a few AD's and boutique's around the world have a few in stock that are unallocated (like Birmingham UK and Boston). A few lucky souls will be able to get one without putting out any effort other than stumbling into the establishment at the right time.

15. Mach Sep 21, 2019

Yes! But, I don’t have a photo.

16. efthi Sep 22, 2019

I got the call that mine will be coming in the OB this Thursday or Friday, so happy and excited!

17. gyromiterob Sep 23, 2019

Finally picked up mine today! I agree with most others that said it looks better in person.

cjb169, EricCsN and Aludic like this.
  18. Pun Sep 23, 2019

I won’t blame you... this hobby colors our vision in such a way that whatever we buy looks better in person!!
    I’ve same feelings when I spend four figure plus amount on any watch. Wear it in good health.

gyromiterob likes this.
  19. gyromiterob Sep 23, 2019

It's true. I've been waiting so long perhaps I'm now looking through rose-colored glasses at this watch. I can say that I'm still not crazy about the 9 o'clock dial. I also had concerns about the gold, but it's very subtle. A nice looking watch as a whole.

Pun likes this.
  20. Pun Sep 23, 2019

Yes you’re right. I saw it last month on Omega Event at New Delhi. Gold is indeed very sophisticated and subtle. My only concern still is the 9 o’clock sub dial image. Had they swept that with the foot impression from the back, it would have had the best Speedmaster ever for me. It reminds me that we don’t live in a perfect world.
    My relations with OB opens the window of buying it whenever it comes to them and I’m really torn between yes and no. I just keep telling myself that at this price I should wait for 321 to come. Then again I realize that this window would be long gone by then. No reprieve yet from this imbroglio.

Edited Sep 23, 2019
    rominvicta likes this.