Forums Latest Members

Omega Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Moonwatch Gold and Steel. Any in the wild yet?

1. stevec14 Aug 30, 2019

I will once it arrives! My AD has now said earliest will be back end of sept and likely Oct/nov. No issues though but am really looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Hope you are enjoying yours and that the gold one arrives soon!

jpjsavage likes this.
  2. Stufflers Mom Aug 30, 2019

That does seem like a long wait, my OB has confirmed they will receive another consignment in September and the likelihood is that there will be at least one more spare ss watch. Either way I hope the wait is worth it for you.

3. stevec14 Aug 30, 2019

Yes, I think they are airing on the side of pessimism. It is what it is however, and I’m not too worried. Would be nice if it turns up sooner however. They seem to be dribbling through, but I’ll be amazed if they have all 7k out by end of year and I suspect AD’s may be behind OB’s in the pecking order

4. EricCsN Aug 30, 2019

BTW in case you do not already know you can check the actual test results for your watch because It has been METAS certified. In my case the summary is as below (on the online you can click on each of the drop down indicators to give you more details on the different tests)

123D6DE7-05BC-4CA7-9B88-E5C58E783963.jpeg
    Edited Aug 30, 2019
    Sethmns, jzra and A J like this.
  5. YY77 Aug 30, 2019

AD in Belgium notified me last week one had arrived for me, was fifth on the list (could be people in front of me turned it down making me first in line). The forgot I had informed them last month to scrap me from the list.

6. Japanred Aug 30, 2019

I’ve seen you post this comment a few times. Do you have any proof or links to back this up? It’s not that I don’t believe you, more that I suspect it’s more opinion rather than fact. I don’t have any qualms with placing deposits for watches, cars or other goods.

7. YY77 Aug 30, 2019

Better result than mine, you're lucky. Managing full winding alternating every day and every 2 days gives me after 10 days no deviation to the second.

EricCsN likes this.
  8. FerrisBM Aug 30, 2019

I'm wondering how conservative omega have been on power reserve. I'm pretty sure i only wound my watch on Tuesday morning at it only stopped this Friday morning at 6.35am. This seems impossible though..

9. jpjsavage Aug 30, 2019

It was a vague memory but I haven't had time to read back through the previous 68 pages to check.

stevec14 likes this.
  10. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 30, 2019

I once used a rugby ball as deposit for 3 beers at a pub after training years ago whilst another team member took off to pick up the rest of the guys with our wallets in the car.
    Gotta love Australia ;)

11. Japanred Aug 30, 2019

I haven’t seen any proof of this so suspect it’s just personal opinion. I really can’t imagine it being illegal to collect a deposit for a product.

rominvicta likes this.
  12. Japanred Aug 30, 2019

Brilliant :D

speedydownunder and STANDY like this.
  13. Tik-Tok of Oz Aug 30, 2019

I once camped out in a tent for three days back in college and I still didn’t get what I wanted....

(Just kidding honey, never did that in College)
    ((Wife reads the forum and finds watches for me, can’t screw that up)))

A J likes this.
  14. Evitzee Aug 30, 2019

Yeah, I downloaded my test results before I even put the watch on. I don't think the METAS results mean all that much as to what the real 'on the wrist' performance will be. I've only checked the time over the last two days.....+3 seconds over that time. That's OK for me, and better than the average out-of-the-box performance for the 1861 movement in my experience.

I haven't seen any reference to it but did most people also get the gold plated Omega Speedmaster Fisher Space Pen with their watch? It's a nice item that I found in my shipment along with the little Omega spaceman pin.

IMG_9493.JPG IMG_9494.JPG
    Edited Aug 31, 2019
    Longbow and EricCsN like this.
  15. Stufflers Mom Aug 31, 2019

I believe the OB's did get theirs first, hopefully you will think the wait is worth it, but for now I've posted a photo I took earlier today to wet your whistle.
    P1200326.JPG

EricCsN and stevec14 like this.
  16. EricCsN Aug 31, 2019

No I didn’t get the pen nor the pin - not available. Where is your picture of the watch? So far mine is dead accurate : no visually observable difference (zero seconds deviation) in 2 days that I have powered it but I find winding hard to do as I was gingerly careful when doing it (am ocd about having it in pristine condition). Today I will wear it out for a lunch celebration for my birthday due in a week .

Edited Aug 31, 2019
  17. Evitzee Aug 31, 2019

Ok, ok....here's my pic, fresh from my front yard, number 96x.

I sized the bracelet today, what a PITA. The screws on this bracelet are very TINY, not sure why Omega uses two screws and a steel pin (3 pcs) when most other high end bracelets use one long screw pin which makes handling and adjustment easier. Just be sure you have good light, a good screwdriver, a good tweezers, and loupe to make the job easier. And steady hands and confidence in your ability. When that first screw came out I thought 'uh oh, I must have snapped the screw head off", but no, the screw is just that small. Anyway, the links on this bracelet are 5 mm apart, and the two holes on the clasp are 2.5 mm, so you can adjust the bracelet to within 2.5 mm which is a pretty tight tolerance, should be sufficient for almost all wrists. I used a drop of purple (low strength) threadlocker to secure the screws when reassembled. (Normal Speedmaster bracelet is 9 mm link-to-link so better fit possible with the new bracelet). Just handling the normal bracelet and this new one really highlights how much slimmer this new one is, almost dainty in comparison.

IMG_9496.JPG
    Edited Sep 2, 2019
    Stufflers Mom and EricCsN like this.
  18. JesterP Sep 1, 2019

Does nobody like their new Apollo 11 watch? Seems alot for sale on Chrono24 considering alot haven't even picked up yet. Mabey this will be a new record for flipping profits or will I see these going for around retail or below in 12 to 18 months this time. I suspect the latter but we shall see.

19. Fatcat Sep 1, 2019

Lot of people like it and some others like the money also :)))

Tha sorry was wroted before delivery , for me that the first Oméga watch that was more expensive out of the Shop , like the Rolexes.

20. rominvicta Sep 1, 2019

It is just a matter of time. 23 SS pcs and 10 Moonshine pcs. Asking prices are a bit on the high side, but they are yet to settle. Early birds are trying to snatch a good margin but I am not sure they will succeed to. Time works against them.