Forums Latest Members

Omega Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Moonwatch Gold and Steel. Any in the wild yet?

1. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 23, 2019

There's nothing to add or to counter. You might be fooling yourself, but you aren't fooling people here with what you are doing.

Pun, rohnin, s2000_driver and 2 others like this.
  2. Stufflers Mom Aug 23, 2019

I don't follow your logic. I have posted the info. as a heads up to anyone who might be wondering what the grey dealers are paying for this watch and I can confirm that I have received correspondence by pm regarding who I sold mine to and how much I received.

3. Stufflers Mom Aug 23, 2019

Please enlighten me what or who I'm fooling and what I'm doing? as all I can see is I'm passing on current info. re the market price of a in demand watch.

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 23, 2019

Look I really don't care if you are selling two of these for profit. It's your watch, so IMO you can do with it what you like. I don't like the idea that this takes away from those who really wanted one at list price, but I realize that this isn't something that's going to stop any time soon the way Omega does things.

But you make it sounds like in the process you are doing some great service to the community, and at the same time have criticized TAZ for selling his watch for profit, and challenged others as to why they didn't offer it to someone on the forum, when you didn't do that yourself.

5. Stufflers Mom Aug 23, 2019

In your haste to have a pop at me you have overlooked the central point which is TAZ uses the forum to promote and sell his wares and make his profit from forum members, whereas I've sold one watch for a profit to a grey dealer, and there lies the difference, but you knew that anyway.

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 23, 2019

I didn't overlook it...I know that's the narrative you want to push here. The bottom line is neither of you did the thing you asked of others...

While TAZ certainly offered the watch here, I don't know that we have confirmed that he sold it to a member or not. If you have evidence that he did, let me know...

7. Stufflers Mom Aug 23, 2019

I'd be interested to see where I asked TAZ to sell his watch at cost to a forum member, however I do recall pouring scorn on him for seeking a profit from forum members, and whether he sold it here or elsewhere is irrelevant, he tried and that makes all the difference imo.

8. YY77 Aug 23, 2019

You selling it to a dealer makes it impossible twice for the next person on the list to buy it at retail price. You posting the second time will create resentment towards you by those how missed out.

9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 23, 2019

You asked this of stuart70 today...so why didn't you offer it to a forum member instead of selling it?

Not much daylight between you and TAZ IMO...

Pepe Lucas likes this.
  10. Pepe Lucas Aug 23, 2019

So are you not going to make a profit on the second one?

11. Stufflers Mom Aug 23, 2019

You are taking this out of context, I ask Stuart70 why he didn't offer the watch he passed on to anyone here as he had criticised me for selling to the dealer instead of offering it here at cost, we both had the chance to get the watch and neither ended up on the forum.

12. stevec14 Aug 23, 2019

Yes, I think this is the issue. Even someone with no brains would realise that this sort of thing might draw the ire from collectors. I couldn’t give a rats arse who the watch was sold to (a flip is a flip) but why come on an enthusiasts forum saying you’ve flipped and how much you got paid for it.

Some things are just better left unwritten, but in this case we are back for round 2.

I should state, I don’t have an issue. It’s the way the watch market is and I personally do not care what people do with their own goods. What I can say is that if I did flip I probably wouldn’t come on here talking about what I got paid and then do it twice.

13. stuart70 Aug 23, 2019

As stated my AD offered me this watch as a personal favour. In the past this AD has got me several watches that I wanted and still have, these were quite rare. Thus if I ask for something he is more likely to get them for me and he knows I will not flip. The watches I buy is because I like them and want to keep them. This was the reason I did not pass this to the forum. I had a yes or no phone call.

Edited Aug 23, 2019
    BlackTalon, rominvicta and Archer like this.
  14. Pepe Lucas Aug 23, 2019

But you got two. I think that is the difference.

15. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 23, 2019

He didn't offer it here, but he didn't sell it for a profit either, which means hopefully another collector who truly wanted it was given a chance to own one.

You have now taken 2 out of the system, sold one for a profit, and are apparently selling the second one for a profit as well.

That is the context. You shot back at him asking why he didn't offer it to the forum, when you have failed to do so twice.

Pepe Lucas likes this.
  16. Stufflers Mom Aug 23, 2019

Sorry, but I haven't "failed" at anything, I wasn't tasked or requirement to offer the watch here at cost and as you have said yourself it was my property to do with as I like.

17. s2000_driver Aug 23, 2019

Omega needs to implement a strict one watch per person policy for LE releases. Also have a fair system for taking deposits worldwide. We in the US had to deposit full amount + taxes in the first week of March. And are still waiting!!!

Hope speculators and flippers are caught and banned from future purchases. Especially since there are parts of the world where people just "put their name" and not really have to commit any money.

Pepe Lucas and stuart70 like this.
  18. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 23, 2019

Then don't ask why others aren't doing what you have refused to do twice...

s2000_driver and Pepe Lucas like this.
  19. Stufflers Mom Aug 23, 2019

This might come as a shock to you, but I won't be about to take orders from you on what I can and can't ask.

20. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 23, 2019

Trust me, there was no expectation that you would stop being a hypocrite when I wrote that...

Dogmann and dinexus like this.