Forums Latest Members

Omega Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Moonwatch Gold and Steel. Any in the wild yet?

1. JamieG Aug 10, 2019

Excellent. I’m patiently waiting for my AD to call me. They told me they were getting two and one was for me.

Not in a desperate rush, quite prepared to wait.

2. incursore61 Aug 13, 2019

only someone like you could say such nonsense ...... it doesn't matter from which country you buy, chrono 24 has a very good Trusted Checkout purchase protection system and it works ... even in Italy ....

3. incursore61 Aug 13, 2019

by the way .... this is mine, on the wrist from the day I picked it up from the Omega boutique in Venice ....... 21 July 2019

omega 50th.jpg
  4. Pun Aug 13, 2019

Is it not impolite language used unwarranted. To vouch for any internet platform so strongly, unless one has some interest, is not prudent IMHO.

5. jpjsavage Aug 13, 2019

I picked up mine yesterday from a UK AD. Quite a low number too, in the 500s.

Kingkongsfinger, A J and YY77 like this.
  6. YY77 Aug 13, 2019

Any pictures?

7. jpjsavage Aug 13, 2019

Sure thing. Here you go:

[​IMG]

Stickers are staying on this until the gold one arrives later this year. When I've bought that I'll think about whether I want one or both in the collection.

If I decide to let this one go, it will be going to my brother who is developing good taste in his watch collection (at last!).

8. stevec14 Aug 13, 2019

Lucky brother! What are your thoughts on it?

9. jpjsavage Aug 13, 2019

I absolutely love it. Like others have said, it really is better in the flesh than the pictures suggest (and there are pretty stunning pictures around - mine not included). The whole presentation of the watch is also amazing (although my box is already in the loft as it is huge!). My favourite bit is the subtle '11' on the dial. That's classy in my opinion. The gold 'hints' are subtle too and not at all in your face. I don't think it can realistically be called a bi-metal watch in that sense. What with the new 3861 movement, the lovely case back and the brilliant bracelet, I think that Omega have done a fantastic job with this watch.

Riadhk, befobe and A J like this.
  10. EricCsN Aug 13, 2019

Man you take the most unflattering picture possible - You would starve as a photographer , I have seen both the SS and gold in the flesh very close
    to each other. My vote goes to the SS. A case where it is gorgeous in picture and yet even better in the flesh

jpjsavage likes this.
  11. jpjsavage Aug 13, 2019

Well, I've never claimed to be a photographer and I readily admit to having zero skills on that front. Thankfully, I can rely on others to take decent pictures when required (just not this afternoon).

EricCsN likes this.
  12. YY77 Aug 13, 2019

Strange that the gold one was introduced earlier but is arriving later

jpjsavage likes this.
  13. EricCsN Aug 13, 2019

I was offered a gold piece - still am, thinking and sleeping over it. (Picture taken by me of a display),
    Savage I am in your same class of novice amateur photographer

7078408B-F1B2-41BD-AEFC-26E6CFC0D182.jpeg
    Mr Gadget and Aludic like this.
  14. Stufflers Mom Aug 13, 2019

"Only someone like me" how nice of you to say so. The truth is there is good a bad everywhere, but there's a fairly high percentage of bad when it comes to watch sales from the Italian dealers and I would say people should be wary.

15. jpjsavage Aug 13, 2019

Yes, I was surprised too. But from what I've heard the gold one is stunning and I can't wait to see it in the flesh.

16. Kingkongsfinger Aug 13, 2019

Beautiful and hope you or your brother wear it and enjoy it. If you don’t mind saying, where in the UK did you collect it and when did you place the deposit. Reason I ask is I am trying to predict when mine is due. I am still awaiting mine from Manchester where I placed a 20% deposit on the 18th of May. I’m getting impatient.

17. jpjsavage Aug 13, 2019

I'm in Cheshire. I collected it on Monday. I didn't pay a deposit and the AD didn't ask me for one either. I'd be badgering him about these 50th anniversary models for years though. He had an email chain going back 3 years at least and this helped him secure both models for me with Omega.

Kingkongsfinger likes this.
  18. stevec14 Aug 13, 2019

I have a deposit down too and am nowhere close to getting mine. I suspect there are 5000+ watches still to be delivered so might be a while...

Kingkongsfinger likes this.
  19. Kingkongsfinger Aug 13, 2019

Ok, thanks for the response. Sounds like there is no pattern to arrivals, however 3 years of emails is some fantastic way of securing the pieces lol

jpjsavage likes this.
  20. Kingkongsfinger Aug 13, 2019

I have never paid more than £300 for a watch and fell in love with this watch and did loads of research into Omega and fell in love with the brand. Bought a Seamaster last week as the wait is killing me, it’s been an expensive hobby so far but I have never had the Seamaster of my wrist so far and can’t stop looking at it, sadly no one has commented on it but their loss. See profile picture.