Forums Latest Members

Omega Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Moonwatch Gold and Steel. Any in the wild yet?

1. weimi1 Aug 9, 2019

Unfortunately, the clock has not yet landed, but a few other little things.
    IMG_2500.JPG

2. Kingkongsfinger Aug 9, 2019

I do not "expect" anything, just wondered if he was "offered" anything as when I put my 20% deposit down I did ask for some discount which I could not have but the sales person said they would make sure I received "something extra" when I collected the watch.

3. Aludic @SpeedyBirthYear Aug 9, 2019

Hi @Kingkongsfinger,

As mentioned by others; I would not really expect something major. That said, from experience collecting a few other watch purchases from an OB, there usually is a serious effort made to make it a memorable and worthwhile experience. This usually comes with a few small gifts (in the same league as showcased by @weimi1 above) and some nice beverages (read: champagne), of course combined with a nice conversation.

On OF, we have had similar conversations many times and the only thing I can assure you based on those is that every country and perhaps even every OB has her own style of treating their esteemed customers. I am sure they will all go at length to make it a nice time and will go the extra mile. How, that remains a guess... Please share when you know! ;)

Kingkongsfinger likes this.
  4. Pilot85 Aug 9, 2019

I asked for a NATO and I got one, they also gave a champagne bottle ;)
    If you don’t ask they might as well not give you what you want...

Kingkongsfinger and EricCsN like this.
  5. EricCsN Aug 9, 2019

How come : I am asking what will come with it, whether a nato strap.. anything .. reply is nothing . None whatsoever. Mine included taxes, no discount. Let’s see.. keep the faith - I am not religious

6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 9, 2019

Both my Speedy Tuesday’s were shipped with goodies. ( hat, magazine, pen etc )
    Live 4000km from the nearest Omega Boutique and every time I have asked for spring bars they send a few pkts free, with a thank you note to me ::confused2:: I should be thanking them.....

Kingkongsfinger and EricCsN like this.
  7. EricCsN Aug 9, 2019

Unfair. And I am usually a very persuasive person

8. MTROIS Aug 9, 2019

The pen and gold pin should come standard with this watch...

EricCsN, Aludic, Pilot85 and 2 others like this.
  9. A11general Aug 9, 2019

Got the call yesterday. Picking up Saturday. AD in Chicago area. Wish I was more excited but it’s feels a little anticlimactic at the moment. Hopefully seeing it in person and trying it on changes the feeling.

Edited Aug 9, 2019
    EricCsN and stevec14 like this.
  10. Mr Gadget Aug 9, 2019

Goodies look great especially the pen.
    Will see if I can get one.

11. EricCsN Aug 9, 2019

Good luck, hope you enjoy your piece otherwise it should be able to fetch a good price above what you paid for it if you choose to sell. Maybe you had it easy (you were guaranteed a piece since you are first on the list at your OB) ; maybe hunting season is over for you, date of A11 landing has past. When you were told on the day the daily paper carries an advert on it that there is already a 100 people on the waiting list in addition to those 60 who already made their deposits at the OB and they cannot accept any more new people to be added to that list , and then you call other ADs and they said sorry as was I ... your prospectives would be very different I assure you.

12. Pilot85 Aug 9, 2019

I have a good relationship of spending some money that’s maybe why they were happy to give me the NATO.. who knows, good luck anyways on getting a nice gift with the Apollo :)

EricCsN likes this.
  13. JPE.88305 Aug 9, 2019

put my name on a list months ago and was notified someone bailed...had no intention of getting this watch because it didn't speak to me, but it sorta fell in my lap and now i'm contemplating...i'm not a flipper and not looking for an investment, but am open to the possibility i might appreciate it down the road to keep or trade...
    do we know how many were allocated to US market?

14. Evitzee Aug 9, 2019

I put that strap on my regular Speedmaster, supremely comfortable with none of the typical NATO lump sticking out. Not sure I'd want to use it in place of the 50th bracelet, though.

15. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 9, 2019

Not enough ;)

16. Skyrider01 Aug 9, 2019

Initial word was approximately 10%. But who knows. My boutique was supposed to get 4. They only got 2 and won't be getting the other 2.

17. abrod520 Aug 9, 2019

I've bought numerous watches from the nearest Omega Boutique to here and have received nothing but the free promotional stuff they sometimes give out, like a Spectre pen three years after the movie came out. It's a small Boutique so it probably really depends on the location

18. A11general Aug 9, 2019

Absolutely. It’s all about expectations. I’m a newbie so I had no idea Omega hasn’t been able to get out all LE watches by the anniversary in the past. That combined with the AD telling me they would have the watch in July before I paid in full and then putting the delivery date on the receipt of July 5th set my expectations which led to major disappointment when the A11 date came and went without the watch.

Hope you luck out and can get your hands on one. When I told people I prepaid for the watch they laughed at me saying it’s not a real LE because 6969 is way too many watches and that there’ll be a bunch of them just sitting in display cases. Glad they seem to be wrong.

EricCsN likes this.
  19. jpjsavage Aug 10, 2019

August is going well here. Just come back from a holiday on this beach:

[​IMG]

and have got an email saying my stainless steel watch has arrived. No deposit paid (it is illegal in the UK as we have discussed before). It is coming from a UK AD (not boutique). Will be collecting Monday so will post pictures then.

20. EricCsN Aug 10, 2019

One person wait is over, others yet to pass and wise saying goes: patience is a virtue.
    Be patient and the mulberry leaf will become a silk robe. With patience, the grass will be milk soon enough. Have patience and Apollo will land on your wrist.

Ok I am checking my WhatsApp, and will be reaching for the phone if nothing happens in this month (to be fair that’s what they say at the start, likely aug .)

Edited Aug 10, 2019