Forums Latest Members

Omega Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Moonwatch Gold and Steel. Any in the wild yet?

1. MrJKLFoams Jul 17, 2019

Got a phone call from omega AD and my friend asked if I want those apollo 11 coz there’s only 3 allocated for that particular AD. Still thinking got the money for apollo but Im planning to the the Lange 1815 AC!

2. Stufflers Mom Jul 17, 2019

Anyone recently had a serious offer from a dealer to take the watch?

3. Evitzee Jul 17, 2019

So the boutiques in the US each got 2 watches and there are 38 boutiques, so about 75 watches have been released.in the US. That is less than 10% of the 900 or so watches allocated to that market. Based on other market reporting it would seem a similar percentage of orders have been fulfilled, so maybe 700 watches have been delivered so far world wide. That's 10%, and that leaves a long way to go. After the initial flurry there doesn't seem to have been any further deliveries, but at least Omega can say that delivery has started. Let's hope they can ramp up the delivery schedule over the next couple of months. But the dream that all of these would be delivered by July 20th was just that, a dream.

srleadjb and YY77 like this.
  4. YY77 Jul 17, 2019

I wasn't holding my breath based on all the speculation, if it would happen for me this early, good but I always had September in my mind.

5. srleadjb Jul 17, 2019

Are there any other luxury goods or any goods at all for that matter that you have to pay in full for, wait months and still have absolutely no idea when you will receive it? I've bought a few watches, cars, houses, etc in my time but I've never had to give 100% deposit of my hard earned money for something I couldn't see, touch or feel or at least be given a window for delivery. I know it was my choice and I'm being a bit spoiled about it but I would like something a little more concrete from them. Like hey, we appreciate holding on to your $10k all these months so here is where you are in line and here is a window of when we will do our best to get you the watch. Is that really asking too much?

6. hkhobo Jul 17, 2019

Does anyone know if they are releasing these slowly, im on a waiting list but was late to the party, i missed the snoopy because I hesitated and have a horrible feeling history is repeating!

Speedys & Crypto likes this.
  7. srleadjb Jul 17, 2019

Your answer is literally three posts above yours......

8. hkhobo Jul 17, 2019

yeah i saw, it was hidden as i was on the phone :p

What i mean is i literally ( few days ago) put my name down, and just wondering if basically im outta luck in the primary market.
    I own an orginal speedy pro which i let the kids in my class ( im the teacher not a student ) ( carefully) wear and show them its history when we do space lessons, and they love it. I want this one for me, but totally missed the build up till about 2 weeks ago.

Actually heading to HK in a week so have emailed the OB's there to see if they have any not reserved but not heard back yet. ( insane number of places there selling omegas so if i have any luck it might be there.)

9. srleadjb Jul 17, 2019

The understanding is that they are all sold out. A few people have claimed to get a spot in line recently but of course, we don't know those details. There are a lot of people who have one reserved but are still on the fence so possibly some will end up available....Good luck.

stevec14 likes this.
  10. A11general Jul 17, 2019

I agree. Besides being printed on my receipt that the watch would be delivered on July 5th, I just assumed (I know, when you “assume”) the watch would be in hand in time for the actual 50th anniversary. Omega is not celebrating the year; it’s an event with an actual day and time so missing it by months is ludicrous.

It is not like Omega didn’t know this day was coming. It had at least 5 years (since the 45th anniversary) to plan for this. In most everything in life, it’s better to be early then late. Imagine if you told your boss you were going to miss a deadline by months or if you told your wife that her wedding anniversary present is being delivered and will be here by the end of the year but you’re not sure when. No one would be happy.

If I don’t get my watch by this weekend, then when I go to finally pick it up, it’ll be anticlimactic. Sure, it’s still a nice watch and I’ll enjoy wearing it BUT the special moment will have passed. That would be such a let down.

11. jpjsavage Jul 17, 2019

I've done this for art work in the past. Anything original or limited, or is going to be in high demand. He who dares, Rodney, he who dares ...

12. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jul 17, 2019

There are some kitchen knifemakers where I had to do this. In one instance I waited 2 years, and it was only a $500 knife (but I knew/ trusted the knifemaker and knew I would eventually receive the knife)

Par for the course with Omega. Anniversary watches, etc. often do not get delivered until the next year. It is almost sad reading all the posts of people who are 100% confident Omega will deliver their watch by xx date, when based on my observations over the last 4 or so years Omega will likely not meet the target. But you try and pass on that info when threads like this are just getting started, and all the optimistic buyers trample all over and insist with such an important blah blah blah Omega will come through...

7,000 watches... All delivered by the July date, which was literally just a few months after they started taking reservations. It is actually surprising to me that 10% of the buyers received theirs already.

13. Evitzee Jul 17, 2019

I've bought a few things that were custom made, or things that were personalized, where I had to pay up front, but nothing over $500. Have certainly never bought, and paid for, anything for $10k with no delivery date scheduled. I'm not sure of the legal situation, but in the US I don't think one is actually guaranteed a watch even by paying 100% up front. Omega could just say, 'sorry, we ran out of watches, here is your money back, better luck next time, and have a nice day:).' Let's be honest, it COULD be up to a year from the date of reservation (March 2019) until most of the allocation is distributed. This 'full deposit' thing is new for Omega so it is a trial run of sorts. Let's hope that they did the numbers correctly and don't find a bunch of paid orders in some bottom drawer, or in a manager's car boot. Nothing is assured until the product is in your hot little hands.

I never thought Omega could deliver the watches before July 20th, they just don't operate as a company that way. There is no reason they couldn't have planned this all out years ago and had all the watches lined up and ready to be delivered starting mid-June. Alas, they didn't.

14. Stufflers Mom Jul 17, 2019

It sounds like they got the idea from Bill Yao at MK11:D

15. mojothewolf Jul 17, 2019

I’m not sure that many men aged 25 or less can afford the £7370 price tag, likewise those of a certain age that can afford it, are not going to allow that price to prevent them from owning one.....personally I think it’s gorgeous, and can’t wait for the call to pick mine up....
    And while I’m waiting I’ll wear the Apollo 8, and sit here with my big magnifying glass.........

hkhobo, stevec14 and MTROIS like this.
  16. Smspectre Jul 17, 2019

Got the call today. Collecting on Saturday 20th
    So excited.

17. Evitzee Jul 17, 2019

That makes it EXTRA special, collecting it on the actual 50th anniversary. Good job.

Smspectre and hkhobo like this.
  18. cjb169 Jul 17, 2019

That is awesome! I have been wearing mine all week to commemorate such an amazing accomplishment of Apollo 11.

Smspectre likes this.
  19. Bp1000 Jul 17, 2019

I agree it’s frustrating but this happened with the 1948 seamaster, 70th anniversary. They weren’t actually delivered until 2019, so they missed the entire year.

I had this conversation a few pages back. People claiming they would be delivered for the anniversary. I think you’d be lucky to get the first 1000 out the door

20. OmegaNewbie317 Jul 17, 2019

Dear "Bubba",

I hope this email finds you well. I know the buzz surrounding the Apollo 11 anniversary is making everyone anxious to receive their timepieces so I wanted to reach out to keep you updated on the process. Please know that we are doing our very best to deliver these in a timely manner. We do have an extensive list of clients receiving this piece, and will be delivering each in the order of which we received deposits. Unfortunately, we do not receive all of the timepieces at once, rather through many deliveries over the course of the next few months. The first delivery was very small, we only received one Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Speedmaster. We are hoping to receive a larger quantity in the months to follow but I do hope you understand that this will be a process that will continue through the fall.

Please do not hesitate to reach out should you have any questions. I will keep you updated on the status of your timepiece and look forward to presenting you with this exceptional piece very soon.

Kindest Regards,

"Lovely Salesperson"

OMEGA BOUTIQUE "USA SOUTHERN CITY"