Forums Latest Members

Omega Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Moonwatch Gold and Steel. Any in the wild yet?

1. Pepe Lucas Jul 16, 2019

I was also told by my OB that you could not request specific numbers but some people here in the forum have said that they were able to do it.

2. Evitzee Jul 16, 2019

The way the watches are being distributed I don't think getting a particular number is feasible for ordinary people. Maybe if you are a super customer or well connected with Omega it might be possible.

For those who have received their watches, when did you make the full deposit? I suspect that they aren't being doled out completely by that factor, but curious of there is any pattern of deposit date and getting the call.

And any thoughts yet on ACCURACY of this upgraded movement? Is it running to better than METAS standards?

3. srleadjb Jul 16, 2019

I have not received mine yet but my full deposit was made on May 17th, which was the day the watch was released in the media. I think if you have a deposit in prior to that date, you may have a better chance of getting one earlier. This is pure conjecture on my part but if Omega is distributing off of a master list as I've been told, then it makes sense that starting the 17th, the list got significantly longer. Even if you're on a short list at your OB, you could have been driven down the master list quickly as people called in and put a deposit. Again, I have no idea if this is true but its a possibility.

4. Skyrider01 Jul 16, 2019

I asked over a month ago about getting a specific serial number, and they checked with omega corporate who said it was not feasible.

5. rafabond Jul 16, 2019

Do any of you get a discount?

6. Pepe Lucas Jul 16, 2019

I put my full deposit in March. Got it last Saturday. I’m still checking the accuracy.

7. padders Oooo subtitles! Jul 16, 2019

All of us got the OF 33% discount. Didn't you? You just had to walk into the dealer, find a male member of staff, wink and grab him by the crotch. That is the OF secret sign.

airansun, queriver, srleadjb and 4 others like this.
  8. A11general Jul 16, 2019

I paid my full deposit on May 20th. I was told I was the first at this AD and that my watch would be delivered by July 5th. Still waiting ...

9. YY77 Jul 16, 2019

18th May put a 250 euro deposit at my AD (no guarantees or I would have been happy to put in a full deposit) second in line, got mail last week it would be September

10. Evitzee Jul 16, 2019

Well, whre I live you look for a female staff member, do the same wink and grab. I guess it varies by region.

Seriously, discounts were not on the table with this watch. I'm sure somebody got some discount somewhere, but the boutique's approach was, 'if you want it put down a full deposit and we'll call you when your name bubbles to the surface'.

11. padders Oooo subtitles! Jul 16, 2019

Bugger. Maybe I misread the memo!

12. Bp1000 Jul 16, 2019

I think I’ve been particularly lucky.

Mine is +1.5sec after 12 days of continuous running.

Similar to other manual wind chronos from omega it’s 17-22 daily winds.

It gained 2 sec in the first 5 days and then lost half. But it’s been 0 for days now.

The most accurate watch I own. However I also picked up the 1948 seamaster which is also metas certified and it runs at +4 or +5 every day.

Sojust lucky with this speedy.

Ps uk don’t take deposits so you just register your interest.

13. hansmaulwurf Senior Snoopy Owner Jul 16, 2019

Very very close to the original!

DSC_0681.JPG

14. Longbow Jul 16, 2019

Indeed
    83A87AEF-BFE5-4746-9EC7-F3DB0BEA60AD.jpeg
    (Speedy Tuesday event, not mine)

15. speedy99 Jul 16, 2019

Great pics Hans! what book is that?

16. hansmaulwurf Senior Snoopy Owner Jul 16, 2019

[​IMG]

speedy99 likes this.
  17. rott3 Jul 16, 2019

What a stuning watch...I wish I could aford to get calls like those...

18. kilofinal Jul 16, 2019

and say - "Are those space rocks in your pants?""

19. mackemexile Jul 17, 2019

Picked mine up yesterday from Mall of the Emirates OB in Dubai. Serial 6xx. I was the first to collect at this OB, they didn't know how many would make it to the UAE overall but they only had 3 steel and one gold allocated to them. Very happy with the purchase, the cork strap is a bit meh but the rest of the package is spot on. The gold makes it for me - subtle colouring and just the right amount. It's a very well thought out and executed LE to mark an important milestone for the Moonwatch. I think it will hold value for that reason, although I won't be selling. I've set myself a target to live another 50 years so I can wear it alongside the 100th Anniversary LE personal quantum computer Moonwatch....:)

And on the subject of discount....none offered (or expected) but they did give me 3% back as a Mall Gift Card. I don't know if that was Omega or a Mall promotion. Nice to have anyway.

efthi, rominvicta and rafabond like this.
  20. Kingkongsfinger Jul 17, 2019

Me too, also rang my OB up regarding delivery (UK) of my watch and they had no information at all !