Forums Latest Members

Omega Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Moonwatch Gold and Steel. Any in the wild yet?

1. EricCsN Jul 7, 2019

Am told mine for Aug otherwise sept delivery (and hopefully they don’t give mine away as they have my deposit)

2. Evitzee Jul 7, 2019

That means all of these watches will be delivered in the next 14 days. AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN.

You just can't switch all production to one model, it doesn't work like that.

repoman and rohnin like this.
  3. Bp1000 Jul 7, 2019

1 steel just turned up in Germany (yesterday).

4. stevec14 Jul 7, 2019

My AD when she spoke to the omega rep said probably August if not September for mine which makes sense if you consider OB’s will be first.

I’d have thought these will filter through over the second half of the year.

5. Redadmiral2 Jul 7, 2019

Sorry perhaps I shouldn’t quote what I’ve been told .
    Didn’t realise you had insider knowledge on how things are managed at omega.

MTROIS and padders like this.
  6. stevec14 Jul 7, 2019

I don’t think he does, but I suspect he may be right. thats not much time to get the thick end of 7k watches out (not to mention 1k gold ones). Even on here we’ve only seen a dribble coming in.

Even the ST’s which were far smaller volume fed through over a number of months. I’d expect a similar pattern here, indeed my AD has told me that mine will not be with her until August at the earliest.

7. Evitzee Jul 7, 2019

It has nothing to do with insider knowledge, but common sense looking at the calendar. There are 13 days until the anniversary and just a few have been delivered, if you want to believe that a torrent of these will be rained down in the next two weeks that's up to you. Reality says the vast majority of buyers will not have their watch by the end of July. Nor probably by the end of August. Believe what you want.

Production and scheduling realities make it very difficult for a company to dramatically ramp up production to meet demand. Omega is not exempt from this fact. This watch has long been scheduled for production but they have to work with outside suppliers, movement and case construction, etc. They probably have finished most of them already but the pipeline from production line to the buyer takes time. And Omega has admitted to having production bottlenecks last year, supposedly now fixed. Maybe....

Edited Jul 7, 2019
  8. MTROIS Jul 7, 2019

May be I am delusional, but I, for one, still anticipate a "flurry" of Apollo 11 50th landings this month...

Speedys & Crypto and Redadmiral2 like this.
  9. Redadmiral2 Jul 7, 2019

All the uk ones are in a secure location waiting to be dispatched.
    My supplier has had the biggest allocation for one company.
    Omega have said to my supplier that they will get them out before the anniversary date.
    No doubt the doubters will disagree.
    But until the date arrives no one on this forum including me can know for sure.
    I was one of 25 to receive my watch but remember not everyone goes on the forums to say they have got one.

Speedys & Crypto, RobbieK and MTROIS like this.
  10. Bp1000 Jul 7, 2019

I know that Boutiques whilst generally they get 1 at a time, they have, on occasion, had deliveries of 5 or so at once.

However I think it’s fairly unlikely that the bulk of watches will be delivered before the anniversary.

I think they may get 10% delivered before. I think USA and Asia may start seeing watches land by next week.

11. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 7, 2019

Heard from a very reliable source that there will be a huge amount in the next two weeks in the Southern Hemisphere

12. Redadmiral2 Jul 7, 2019

Lot of thinking going on

Bp1000 likes this.
  13. stevec14 Jul 7, 2019

As I said, my AD who I have a long standing relationship with confirmed mine would not be here until August at the earliest. Maybe that’s changed, but not as far as I know (I will be on holiday anyway!).she hasn’t been wrong much before.

Let’s see - I would think it improbable given omegas recent past that they will have every watch out in 10 or so working days but if they do then great.

Will probably mean 3000 watches on chrono 24 By August :D

14. Stufflers Mom Jul 7, 2019

A huge amount of what?

eugeneandresson, Evitzee and stevec14 like this.
  15. Evitzee Jul 7, 2019

That essentially means Australia and New Zealand, and some in South America, even fewer in Africa. Probably less than 5% total. But excellent for those who will get the call.

16. Longbow Jul 7, 2019

While your expectation that there will not be a torrent of watches rained down in the next two weeks (based on past Omega roll-out experiences) might be right, I don’t agree with the basis of your argument for it.

The fact that, as of today, there are 13 days until the anniversary and just a few watches have been delivered, has no bearing on Omegas ability to mass-deliver whatsoever. To claim as such would be like asserting that a lack of Allied troops on beaches 2 weeks before D-Day was evidence that Allied planners still had to start and implement the entire Operation Overlord planning. Omega have had plenty of time, as well as a few failed practice runs, to get their manufacturing and logistics build up sorted for 20th/21st July.

Omega does not, as you state, have to dramatically ramp up production (as you imply in the next two weeks) to meet demand.Omega has known the quantity to be manufactured as well as their strategy for delivery (torrent or trickle, it’s their game to master not ours) for a long time.

That they have to work with outside suppliers is also not an argument for production being harder to manage. Outsourcing to tried and trusted suppliers with suitably harsh penalty clauses for late delivery in the contracts of supply can be more effective than trying to motivate internal teams.

To be honest, somewhere between the initial reveal, the following negativity and back-biting and all these arbitrary speculations about an international company’s ability to plan and deliver a celebratory bauble have, by association, poisoned the two-tone Apollo 11 for me. The word association alone is less than inspiring: Buzz’s Butt, the Pump’n’dump, Taz’s Two-Tone Tantrum.

Well at least I have a name for it if I end up buying it:-

Lazarus

17. Redadmiral2 Jul 7, 2019

How very well put.

18. Pepe Lucas Jul 7, 2019

Personally, I believe that Omega started making these watches late last year or the beginning of this year (at least the movements) This is the most significant LE from them so far and I would assume that they will try to avoid any problems. Hopefully they learned from their mistakes on previous LE’s.

19. Redadmiral2 Jul 7, 2019

Last week I rang my boutique for an update and he said August/September then 2 days later he rang to say it had arrived.
    I picked it up yesterday and he was told that his allocation would be met before the ann

20. watchme First Owner - Omega Darkside Jul 7, 2019

On Friday I had a chat with the OB staff in Hamburg. No 50th anniversary Apollo showed up there until now.