Forums Latest Members

Omega Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Moonwatch Gold and Steel. Any in the wild yet?

1. Bp1000 Jul 6, 2019

If Switzerland was part of the European Union then maybe as Switzerland would be part of existing trade agreements.

It’s an independent state but part of the single market and free trade agreement and as said has a separate trade agreement with each individual country it exports to.

2. Kingkongsfinger Jul 6, 2019

3. Skyrider01 Jul 6, 2019

Talked to my AD in Miami yesterday. He didn’t have any info on delivery dates but said they are thinking it will be towards the end of July.

4. MTROIS Jul 6, 2019

Stopped by local OB here in the US today and the word is that watches should be mostly delivered in July.

5. Texasjohn Jul 6, 2019

Got a call from my USA boutique saying that it will be soon. So we will see what that means.

6. JohnnyRocket Jul 6, 2019

Hey There...

You know I was thinking that with the release of the first watches, it naturally has become a bit of a crystal ball parlour game on the subject of price speculation.
    No one can say that the choice of this watch was going to be cheap...it isn’t.
    At the same time if you didn’t realize the lure to profit from speculative ventures
    you don’t understand the nature of Aniversary marketing. This is the big peanut
    The 50 th, not something marked on the 5’s. Hence the mad long rush to the cliff
    So to speak.
    My feelings are that maybe in all of the excitement of monetary speculation
    We are missing the point of what this watch truly commentates.
    Where were You 50 years ago. Does that memory still linger?
    If you are fortunate enough to acquire one...You need to decide What if Anything
    Does that event mean to You.
    I have stronger personal memories of that Christmas Flight in 1968.
    I chose the Apollo 8 instead. Not to disparage the 50 th, but Ithought that I would
    Wear that watch way more. Not have it live in just the box. You choose your shrine
    As they say. Me, I love looking at the lunar face on mine, because being a space junkie I’ve already seen Buzz’s Butt a million times...and I already have a framed picture of that footprint on the wall! For All of You who will receive one Enjoy the Meaning every time You glance at your Magnificent Speedy.
    Congratulations!

Hans the Wolf and Saturn V like this.
  7. Evitzee Jul 6, 2019

Just had an email from the OB manager here in the US where I purchased the watch at the end of March.

"Thank you for your email and hope you enjoyed a great Fourth of July holiday. The watch was completely reserved within 2 days of the press release (May 14th) and is highly anticipated. We are pleased to let you know, the distribution of the timepieces will begin this month and continue through the end of the year. The priority will be given to the boutiques, and to those with a full deposit first. The planner will notify us regarding delivery for the specific client and we will then contact you. We do have your full deposit and will just need to make the arrangements for shipping."

So boutique purchaser's who paid in full will be first in line to get theirs, then the full deposit buyer's at ADs, then I suppose those with less than 100% deposits, and then those (if any) who got on a list with no deposits. So it seems the distribution is being controlled by Omega USA, the individual controlling all the reservations and deposits (the planner) will tell the boutique which person is next on the list.

I think the distribution for the US will occur over the next four months because once you get into Nov/Dec it gets pretty hectic. I think Omega wants to get this over and done with in an expedient fashion.

There will be no stock of unsold Apollo 11's hanging about dealer showrooms.......they are all sold. Omega most likely could have sold more than they are producing due to the significance of this anniversary, so 6969 was certainly not too many for the market to absorb.

Edited Jul 6, 2019
    Omega-Q and EricCsN like this.
  8. EricCsN Jul 6, 2019

I getting very nervous..have my deposit in but will I get my watch

9. henrikaa Jul 7, 2019

Passed by the OB in Milano yesterday, they haven’t had it in yet according to the sales rep I spoke to.

10. horology101 Jul 7, 2019

I picked up mine on 1st July from an OB (UK not USA) and the boutique manager told me ALL will arrive by 20th July i.e. before the big date. I thought that was pretty good, especially considering past performance. So I am a little surprised more haven’t been delivered in the first week of July and people are even being quoted Autumn or end of year deliveries. Perhaps the manager meant all the boutique ones will be there by 20th and didn’t take into account other ADs.

11. rob#1 Jul 7, 2019

Popped in to my local OB (Australia) the other day and their consignment haven’t come in yet. They are only getting 4 of the Moonshine version and 2 of the gold and they’re all sold therefore no chance of seeing them in the flesh - so congratulations to those who have got theirs :thumbsup:

12. redzer007 Jul 7, 2019

These are all numbered right? Anyone got anything above 1k or 2k? Not looking for specific numbers but would be interested to get an idea of what the highest number in the wild is. Personally I feel these will manufactured and released in batches

13. petay993 Jul 7, 2019

I would like 1969/6969......chances?:rolleyes:

Speedys & Crypto likes this.
  14. EricCsN Jul 7, 2019

probably the omega museum will reserve this

15. Redadmiral2 Jul 7, 2019

Got mine yesterday no low 500s

Speedys & Crypto and EricCsN like this.
  16. hansmaulwurf Senior Snoopy Owner Jul 7, 2019

The SS one? Or the Goldie?

17. Redadmiral2 Jul 7, 2019

Stainless steel

18. Evitzee Jul 7, 2019

Maybe for the UK but certainly not worldwide, there has only been limited numbers so far in Europe, none in North and South America, none in Asia (huge market), none in Australia, none in Antarctica, and Santa reports none at the North Pole.. Omega is not going to ship the rest in the next two weeks to make the anniversary date. I think most will be delivered in the 3rd quarter, but some will spill over into 4Q.

Edited Jul 7, 2019
    Speedys & Crypto likes this.
  19. kelsey Jul 7, 2019

Curious which Aussie OB?

20. Redadmiral2 Jul 7, 2019

I heard when I picked mine up that production on all other watches had been suspended to get all the new le editions shipped in time for the anniversary.

MTROIS likes this.