Forums Latest Members

Omega 8 day clock. Swedish military issued. Fairly rare I reckon

1. rogart ray it again, Ram. Apr 22, 2015

I dont think you do . I am from Sweden so the Swedish is no problem . I will see if i can contact someone that really nows more about this . It's interesting .

2. Gstp Apr 22, 2015

^^^ by all means do what you want. But it is hardly interesting, as we know the mark was in use in the 40s.

3. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Apr 22, 2015

Gstp - a friendly advise... You sound a little snippy (bitsk) in your answers to rogart. I see no reason. His last post "I dont think you do" - I would think refers to your "I am not making this up".

Let us keep this interesting and about watches.

Edited Apr 22, 2015
    Bumper, Gstp and rogart like this.
  4. rogart ray it again, Ram. Apr 22, 2015

Ya i did so. I could very well be true. But as you are not intrested in nowing more about the clock. I want search any more. I think the clock is interesting and maybe learn something new.

5. Gstp Apr 22, 2015

I think it's a language problem as english is not my naative tongue. I had no intention to be unkind. And I misread your message rogart - I thought you said I made it up and that the kattfot could not have been used in the 40s. Im am very interested in knowing more about the clock.

6. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Apr 22, 2015

:):);)
    Only Swedes will get this...

7. rogart ray it again, Ram. Apr 22, 2015

That is s classic. Birgit Friggebo want to sing. We shall over come.

8. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Apr 23, 2015

Obviously English is his second language so there's the real issue not him being a little sharp. I misunderstood his original post and blasted him with a sarcasm shotgun. We need to cut him some slack because he's trying his best.

(Zero sarcasm posts are killing me and making me take it out on my customers. A guy asked why I won't give him my mobile number and I replied "then you would be phoning me" he said that's what phones are for so I came back with "I've got an iPhone it's for the Internet, if I wanted to make calls I would buy a real phone like a £10 Nokia")

Fredrik (Swe) likes this.
  9. Gstp Apr 23, 2015

^moron.

10. rogart ray it again, Ram. Apr 23, 2015

I sent a message to a navy museum today . They should now more about this .Hope they answer my question . If not there is maybe someone in Karlskrona that use to be a military and navy place .

11. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Apr 23, 2015

Sticking up for you mate I'm not having a go

12. rogart ray it again, Ram. Apr 23, 2015

?????

13. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Apr 23, 2015

I thought the ^ with moron next to it pointing to my post was meant for me, I could be wrong though

14. rogart ray it again, Ram. Apr 23, 2015

I thought so to . Strange . Better learn how to behave soon .

15. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Apr 23, 2015

I was sticking up for the guy if you read my posts correctly or is English your second language?

rogart likes this.
  16. KIMBER Apr 23, 2015

::popcorn::

17. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Apr 23, 2015

Let's get back on track I'm liking the eight day clock and Gstp's looks like a nice example.

18. juliediane Oct 9, 2021

@Event horizon I'm interested in purchasing one of these as a Christmas present, particularly a mechanical one, as I think they have such a pleasant, refined quality to them. The only problem is the frequency with which the chimes sound, i.e. every quarter-hour. I love the chimes, I just think there can also be too much of a good thing. Is there such a thing as a Westminster that only sounds on the hours of 12, 3, 6, and 9, or is that a different thing?