Omega 420

Hi,
as i wrote i am new from this group.
I just bought this Omega, and i would like know something about it.
The back is fantastic, but i would know something plus....
thank you for all at all.

And what exactly would you like to know? 😀

Not much more to say than what's already in the photos. It's a Seamaster with a manual wind 420 movement, from about 1954.

And what exactly would you like to know? 😀
would know why the back is so full...for example

Written in the circle at the bottom and top is the info that the gasket belongs in the caseback (in 4 languages: English, German, Spanish, French). The numbers are the references - the caseback is used for both references 2759 and 2761, two Omega models that used the same case. The “12” is the sub-reference, possibly indicating a dial Lay-out (or a few) and meaning it’s a later model of that reference. “SC” means seconde central - it’s a center second, as opposed to a subdial second. Acier indoxyable means stainless steel. Omega doesn’t need translating, Fab Suisse is the same as Swiss Made, for the patent I’m not entirely sure if that’s the patent for the case, the entire watch, …

Bottom line: Have you tried googling that? I guess it all translates pretty easily. 😉

Enjoy your watch!

Written in the circle at the bottom and top is the info that the gasket belongs in the caseback (in 4 languages: English, German, Spanish, French). The numbers are the references - the caseback is used for both references 2759 and 2761, two Omega models that used the same case. The “12” is the sub-reference, possibly indicating a dial Lay-out (or a few) and meaning it’s a later model of that reference. “SC” means seconde central - it’s a center second, as opposed to a subdial second. Acier indoxyable means stainless steel. Omega doesn’t need translating, Fab Suisse is the same as Swiss Made, for the patent I’m not entirely sure if that’s the patent for the case, the entire watch, …

Bottom line: Have you tried googling that? I guess it all translates pretty easily. 😉

Enjoy your watch!
Thank you MtV so much...

Enjoy your watch!

...you wrote that the reference may be 2759 or 2761.
How can i determine the exact reference?
please...
thank you

...you wrote that the reference may be 2759 or 2761.
How can i determine the exact reference?
please...
thank you

2759 is the small second variant (cal 410), 2761 the center second (cal 420). Again, you'll find that with less than a minute of using google mate. 😉

2759 is the small second variant (cal 410), 2761 the center second (cal 420). Again, you'll find that with less than a minute of using google mate. 😉
Go find a vintage catalog or pay Omega about 100$ to tell you what their paperwork states.

Or google both numbers and see if you can find a matching case….

Th

thank you