Forums Latest Members
  1. Uncle Monty May 4, 2022

I've just received my new Omega 300 nttd through the post, and on inspection, I'm "alarmed" about the side to side "play" in the bezel. Is this a normal trait for this model. or could it have been overlooked by QC? Curious to know if anyone else has experienced this issue. Thanks in advance. Andy.

ketiljo and Manny1979 like this.
  2. chrisb732 May 4, 2022

3. Manny1979 May 6, 2022

I had the same issue. I spoke to a Omega Service Center representative. It took one month and the watch had the bezel replaced under warranty. Now it has zero play and clicks are much better.

Uncle Monty and chrisb732 like this.
  4. chrisb732 May 7, 2022

Glad you got it resolved and it only took a month.

Uncle Monty likes this.
  5. Uncle Monty May 18, 2022

Thank you for the information and glad you got it sorted out. I called the OB and have made an appointment to return it and have them inspect it to see if it justifies a warranty claim.
    It did cross my mind to wait a year or four and if I accidentally scratch the Bezel, take it back then, and get a new Bezel for free . "Just a thought" I'll keep you posted.
    Regards. Andy.

6. padders Oooo subtitles! May 18, 2022

Mine has a tiny little bit of movement too so it seems to be a characteristic of the model. Not enough for me to bother a dealer. I wonder if the curved crystal is the culprit since on the regular watch the bezel has a nice straight flat side to sit against instead of a curved surface like on the NTTD.

p4ul and Uncle Monty like this.
  7. Leviathan May 18, 2022

I have a standard 8800 Diver and had the 007 for a week some point last year.

The 007 had a huge amount of bezel play—I was surprised at how bad it was. Thought it was a problem with that piece, but it turns out to be quite common.

Uncle Monty likes this.
  8. Om3ga321 May 18, 2022

My NTTD bezel has nil play.

9. Uncle Monty May 20, 2022

Returned my Omega nttd today to have the Bezel play " rectified"

10. LC23 May 24, 2022

Had the bezel mechanism replaced on my NTTD today under warranty. It has no play now. Very firm bezel action so yours should also come back the same.

11. Uncle Monty May 24, 2022

Edited May 24, 2022
  12. Uncle Monty May 24, 2022

I have returned it back to the AD for repair under warranty as it's only 8 months old, but they did warn me they may refuse to repair it "free of charge" as it could be deemed as being "misused" I don't know how the lady came to that conclusion, as the watch is in pristine condition. Let's see... Thank you for replying to my question. Andy

13. Al22 May 24, 2022

I wish you the best. How can you misused a bezel::confused2::

14. Uncle Monty May 24, 2022

15. Uncle Monty May 24, 2022

Hi. Are you based in the UK as I am? What was the turn around time frame for getting your time piece back? They told me it would be about 6 weeks. I'm hopeful it will come back perfect

16. LC23 May 24, 2022

I am in the UK. I took it into an OB I have a very good relationship with. There was no question it wouldn't be sorted under the warranty. It was 3 weeks from them ordering the parts to replacing them for me. Which they did while I waited. I think the parts took maybe 2 weeks to arrive I just didn't have the time to get to the boutique earlier.

17. LC23 May 24, 2022

Also I know it was tongue in cheek another comment regarding replacing the bezel. :D However the whole bezel was not replaced. It was the internal bezel ring mechanism only that sorted the issue on mine.

Uncle Monty likes this.
  18. sneakertinker May 31, 2022

Just got mine yesterday and noticed there’s a tiny bit of play as well…Nothing that I’ll bother my SA with at this point…If it doesn’t become more of an issue that is…If anything it’ll give me a reason to send it in under warranty at the 4 1/2 year mark ;)

For sure seems to be common to the model though…Outside of that the watch is absolutely fantastic…Arguably the best diver on the market currently…

Edited May 31, 2022
    PATRICK JP and Uncle Monty like this.
  19. swdivad Jun 5, 2022

Luckily, mine has absolutely no play, and works as expected

20. PATRICK JP Jun 19, 2022

There should not be much play at all.