Forums Latest Members

Watch Time’s Review of Omega Seamaster Diver 300M 007 Edition

1. Marsimaxam Mar 20, 2021

Edited by a mod Mar 23, 2021
  2. marcn Enough space to say witty Mar 20, 2021

I finally went hands-on with this yesterday at my local OB. I’m not sure if it was a QC issue with the specific example I handled, but there was noticeable play in the bezel, both in terms of a bit of back-spin and side to side.

The bracelet was impressive and while I can’t seem to love the hands on these, I have to say it’s kind of a stunner in real life.

Anyone experienced looseness in the bezel?

Uncle Monty likes this.
  3. AYTifosi Mar 20, 2021

Since the bezel rotates (in one direction), it is a moveable piece. As such, there is a tiny amount of play. Mine seems fine.

The one you saw seemed to have more play than is reasonable?

4. Thrasher36 Mar 21, 2021

Wrong this particular model has much more play than the regular 300m , This is a model specific problem.

5. marcn Enough space to say witty Mar 21, 2021

No, the amount of play (clockwise) and side to side, was enough to be definitely noticeable and gave the sensation of it seeming faulty, like maybe a one-off not caught by QC. I compared it against another regular SM300 and those didn't have any issue at all; they felt solid.

The staff at my local OB are insanely awesome people, so I didn't go into a deep-dive on this aspect, since TBH I was much more interested to play with the bracelet, as this was the first with the bracelet that I'd seen them have in stock -- and the bracelet seemed pretty amazing.

QC on Omega has never even come to my mind before, so the bezel action was a definite eyebrow raise here.

6. Medinatalzahra Mar 21, 2021

The only one of the recent 007 Omegas that I would own or wear is the Spectre Seamaster 300. I think that watch was extremely well executed (at least from a design perspective - as I have not worn it). But this latest issue is another pass for me...

7. Uncle Monty May 4, 2022

yes mine to has side to side play in the Bezel. I'm not too happy about it and I'm planning on returning it for guarantee repair.

Manny1979 likes this.
  8. Uncle Monty May 4, 2022

9. Uncle Monty May 4, 2022

Has anyone else had problems with side to side play of the bezel on the NTTD Omega 300? What action did you take? any comments welcome. Andy.

10. abrod520 May 4, 2022

Can't remember noticing anything on mine, but given that the standard steel 300M bezel is rock-solid I'd say there's an issue there.

Uncle Monty likes this.
  11. mbp May 4, 2022

The bezel clicks left and right easier than other models. I don't think it's "loose" but noticeably easier to manipulate.

Uncle Monty likes this.