Omega "30 T2 SC"

Hey OF,

I have an opportunity to purchase this watch.... well, to be realistic, I've already purchased it 😉. What do you guys think? I consider myself a pretty proficient "fisher," but, I'd like some input from you guys. I don't know why, but I have a funny feeling about this piece being a franken. Maybe not, but that's why you fine people are here! Let me know if I made a dumb decision. Don't worry, I have thick skin.

Thanks!

Why do you ask ? Civil omega. Looks nice. Mvmt. from around 1943 . Recased in a civil Dennison steel case. Do you see any problems? Let us know. Kind regards. Achim

Why do you ask ? Civil omega. Looks nice. Mvmt. from around 1943 . Recased in a civil Dennison steel case. Do you see any problems? Let us know. Kind regards. Achim

I don't necessarily see many problems, I guess some of the inconsistencies of the dial markers had me nervous. However, I also think this may be just the age of the watch and part of the "patina." 😉

Thanks for your info.

Looks quite honest to me at first glance.

That's what I like to hear. Good deal, thank you.

If you ask about a value, max. $600 unserviced, my guess.
I'm at $700, so slightly over. Not too concerned about it because this will be a daily for me.

Btw, if any of you remember me, yes, I'm breaking my promise to myself to get another Speedmaster 🥱

Movement case screws are incorrect

DON

According to this Forum signed crowns began later-after SC and 11,7 serial.

Sorry, may be a sensor issue but what is the purple area?

According to this Forum signed crowns began later-after SC and 11,7 serial.

Sorry, may be a sensor issue but what is the purple area?

Probably like the hands are, a blued screw.

Probably like the hands are, a blued screw.
Blued screw? In 1943?

Achim-possible?

Nonetheless, very attractive watch!

Blued screw? In 1943?

Achim-possible?

These are the case screws thats needed. Flat with tapered edges

9849a276c7e2f93e7039d11942bbb15f.jpg

DON

Blued screw? In 1943?

Achim-possible?

Looks like a replacement, and yes, the technology of blueing was well known in the 40´s.

Looks like a replacement, and yes, the technology of blueing was well known in the 40´s.
An example with the screws as noted above and crown.

Nice find!

If you ask about a value, max. $600 unserviced, my guess.

I wonder if prices for these beauts will go down once this pandemic is over, though. I'm sure I was seeing quite nice 30T2s for now-ridiculous prices just a year ago or two.

Sorry, attribution as noted above picture.
Sorry, I think I’m misunderstanding you—so both the case screws and crown are incorrect? Also, from my research I’ve seen lots of 30 T2 SC mvmts w/ the blued screw; in bed currently but will link in the morning.

So, we talk about buying/not buying / liking/not liking a watch, because 2 case screws a' $ 5 should be replaced? What happened to reality? Kind regards. Achim

So, we talk about buying/not buying / liking/not liking a watch, because 2 case screws a' $ 5 should be replaced? What happened to reality? Kind regards. Achim
I always think with disgust of my case screws