Omega 2915-2 question on chronograph registers

Hello guys, I’m a proud owner of my dream watch, the Speedmaster 2915-2

I noticed that on my dial, the chronograph registers doesn’t seem to have the concentric circular ridges on them. And it is also what I observed on several 2915 as well. But I do also see chronograph register ridges on several example. What I thought was, either some batches have them and some don’t? Or it’s due to age, the black paint kind of “smudge” or blurred the ridges and as the 2915 has much finer ridges, they are easier to be hidden, and disguised with age.
What do you guys think? Any thoughts on this?

Secondly, I also noticed that the Geigermeter doesn’t tick as much as its 2914/ 2913 cousins. It’s quite low, and with my experience with the earlier 2998, it is the same effect as them, low like 1.4-1.8 ųSv/h

Happy to have anyone with experience to chime in. Thank you!

IMG_1663.jpeg IMG_1664.jpeg IMG_1665.jpeg IMG_1666.jpeg

Like 8
First and foremost, congrats on owning a stunning 2915 and kudos to you for sharing it.

I'm by no means an expert and based purely on all saved photos I have on file for this particular reference, all of the 2915 dials with short indices on sub-dials (A1 to A3 type) have no concentric ridges on them, are domed, and not stepped.

To your second question, I generally observe the same. I believe it's because of the size of the area where radium is applied. As you can see, the 2913 and 2914 dials have a sizable well on the hour plots and therefore contain more radium application, hence stronger radiation. My personal observation is that the 2914 ticks up the Geigermeter strongest among the three due to the dial being thickest.

Like 4
I have nothing useful to contribute here, but wow congratulations on this gorgeous 2915!

Like 1
Congrats to a lovely watch, these don't come up so often here on the Forum!

I had one in my hand on an auction viewing, and the reference is amazing.
Here is a post that I did on that one:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/speedmaster-2915-1-on-auction-today-the-skane.158604/

Enjoy your watch!
:)

Thank you for sharing this example.
When you zoom in to this one, it does have the very fine concentric rings on the registers. I just reckon that it’s age or perhaps age induce deterioration of the surface of the paint “smudge” the appearance of the concentric rings.

First and foremost, congrats on owning a stunning 2915 and kudos to you for sharing it.

I'm by no means an expert and based purely on all saved photos I have on file for this particular reference, all of the 2915 dials with short indices on sub-dials (A1 to A3 type) have no concentric ridges on them, are domed, and not stepped.

To your second question, I generally observe the same. I believe it's because of the size of the area where radium is applied. As you can see, the 2913 and 2914 dials have a sizable well on the hour plots and therefore contain more radium application, hence stronger radiation. My personal observation is that the 2914 ticks up the Geigermeter strongest among the three due to the dial being thickest.

Big thank you for that observation.
Just as I mentioned above I saw the previous auction with the dial registers with very fine concentric rings, but I suspect they are usually “smudge” with age related deterioration of the paint.

and as per your observation, indeed there are many 2915 that I also observed that doesn’t have the concentric rings on the registers too.

And yes on the radium; I agree with you. Very good observation and deduction!

Like 1
Mine for reference. I imagine yours just aged to what you have. Congrats to a beautiful watch.

IMG_2410.jpeg

Like 1