Omega 2872 Chrono 320 cal.

Good morning guys,
I’m looking to trade my Omega Dynamic Chrono with an important vintage pieces (obv adding a cash part)
I found this chronograph with 320cal from 1958 and I’m trying to understand these two points:
- dial is heavy clean, I compared it with some examples in the forum and seems repainted.
(I’m tagging @Peemacgee like a owner of beautiful other piece, sorry for the inconvenience )
- case seems overpolished and crown not total aligned to this reference.

Hands and caliber seems ok.

what do u think about it? What could be its value?
In Italy, my Dynamic Chrono could be sell easily about 1400/1500€ , so I should understand which is the right economics difference to buy this chrono (if it's worth it)

thank u so much for your support

Thank you for the compliment @BrunoCodispoti.

I’ll have to try to reply more fully later but in the mean time have you seen the two in the previous OF sales listings?

@bgrisso
https://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-ot-2872-11-18k-rose-gold-cal-320-chronograph-2700€.100516/

@dsio
https://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-18k-rose-gold-cal-320-ot2872.100961/

These watches have some dial variations but also have some quite specific characteristics.

E.g. Look at the numbers around the edge and the font of OMEGA.

OK, @BrunoCodispoti, so I've had a chance to look at the watch you posted.

I will stress that I am no expert - and while it could be the quality of the images - but in my opinion the watch is a rather lovely redial.
The arrow feathers can be heavy but are not usually solid.
There are serifs missing on the numbers, letters and subdial markers, that should be there.
An odd one -but the 2s in the subdials appear identical when they should be slightly different. ( a tiny but recurrent quirk of these dials)
The concentric rings in the subdials should be very pronounced whilst they are barely visible.

These watches suffered very baldy from moisture ingress and a lot ( the majority?) have been redialled.

If this is the case, then it does affect the value significantly.

The case does have some polishing to the lugs and the crown is a later replacement.

It would be useful if @bgrisso and or @dsio could chime in with their thoughts.

Hope that helps

The pics aren’t really good enough and I’m much more familiar with the metallic silver dial than the white but I would be very wary of these in general

The pics aren’t really good enough and I’m much more familiar with the metallic silver dial than the white but I would be very wary of these in general

After a quick search - I don’t think I’ve found another coffin-dial 2872 with a white dial that hasn’t been redialled.

I think I was mistagged on this, sadly I've never had one of these and don't know anything about the reference, so I'm not much help.

I think I was mistagged on this, sadly I've never had one of these and don't know anything about the reference, so I'm not much help.

My apologies
I meant @Risto - so, close but no cigar!