Omega 2471, 1950s Cosmic Moonphase

@cristos71 Isle 7 please 😁

I think @gatorcpa sums up the condition well and I'd just add that IMHO the watch looks very tired indeed and lacks any kind of 'sex appeal', which to me is a least half the charm of a good vintage watch. I'd pass unless it was really cheap....and this one certainly isn't. I can however see it selling for around €3K or so to someone who really wants to tick an original TDMP off the list.

A good one is difficult to price as they really don't come up all that often and when they do are very quickly sold. Most good ones are quickly undersold by private sellers as they don't have the data to price them well. Then they'll sink into the collections of @Redondo444, @mac_omega, @MSNWatch and the like or are flipped for double/triple by Omega Enthusiast, Vision Vintage Watches and other vintage Omega sellers. These sellers must be able to sell them at or close to their asking prices, even though to many here (myself included) they start to approach gouging levels ( certainly in the case of OE)

I have bought and sold a few over the years and they are fantastic watches which in the typical Omega way come with loads and loads of dial variations, especially the 2471, so there's always something new to find.

Here's 3x 2471's from my collection which I'd certainly value individually higher than the asking price of the OP's watch but lower than OE's ludicrously priced $12.5K offering 🙄

20180603_161540.jpg

017.JPG

002.JPG
Edited:

Wow, those are 3 beautiful pieces! I'll have to keep my eyes open to see if I can find one.

Phillips, Antiquorum, Heritage, Christies, Bonhams, etc. This is a collectible and uncommon watch that is hard to find in good condition, so you can't be focusing on the bargain-basement estate auctions. There are also sites that collect auction information like watchcharts, if you set up an account. Use Google images with the keyword auctions. Etc. You can also look at forum listings that sold, while you don't know the exact selling price, they're usually not as crazy as C24 asking prices.
Really helpful, Dan. Thank you.

I think @gatorcpa sums up the condition well and I'd just add that IMHO the watch looks very tired indeed and lacks any kind of 'sex appeal', which to me is a least half the charm of a good vintage watch. I'd pass unless it was really cheap....and this one certainly isn't. I can however see it selling for around €3K or so to someone who really wants to tick an original TDMP off the list.

A good one is difficult to price as they really don't come up all that often and when they do are very quickly sold. Most good ones are quickly undersold by private sellers as they don't have the data to price them well. Then they'll sink into the collections of @Redondo444, @mac_omega, @MSNWatch and the like or are flipped for double/triple by Omega Enthusiast, Vision Vintage Watches and other vintage Omega sellers. These sellers must be able to sell them at or close to their asking prices, even though to many here (myself included) they start to approach gouging levels ( certainly in the case of OE)

I have bought and sold a few over the years and they are fantastic watches which in the typical Omega way come with loads and loads of dial variations, especially the 2471, so there's always something new to find.

Here's 3x 2471's from my collection which I'd certainly value individually higher than the asking price of the OP's watch but lower than OE's ludicrously priced $12.5K offering 🙄

20180603_161540.jpg

017.JPG

002.JPG
Great insight. And man I’m jealous of your collection. If you ever find yourself selling them please reach out! Hopefully by then I’ll have one of my own.

Great insight. And man I’m jealous of your collection. If you ever find yourself selling them please reach out! Hopefully by then I’ll have one of my own.
Brother, the queue is long for items in this gentleman’s fine collection. Wish you all the best in your search! I agree that the TDMP is mesmerizing.

Brother, the queue is long for items in this gentleman’s fine collection. Wish you all the best in your search! I agree that the TDMP is mesmerizing.
Haha, that makes sense. Appreciate the well wishes!

Offers are made by PM. 😁