Omega 1940s 30T2 SC RG, 16J movement

Posts
8,811
Likes
62,402
Highly processed pictures....so, I have no idea what the dial actually looks like but fonts and spacing seem OK.

Movt screw heads are very nice, even through the blurry picture.

Tarnish is a good thing on 70 year old 14 or 18kt gold.


Any better pictures?
 
Posts
149
Likes
238
Better pictures are in the link.
I took a screenshot. The dial looks good and original to me. The movement as well.
 
Posts
2,333
Likes
1,456
That’s British £’s. + 26% at end of bidding. Have you checked EBay to compare? Bear in mind they say it’s a larger 36 mm size

lower price invites more bidding
 
Posts
193
Likes
246
Is the movement missing the “arrow” indicator that swings between A and R to adjust the movement’s speed? Sorry I don’t know the technical name

duccio
 
Posts
2,333
Likes
1,456
Is the movement missing the “arrow” indicator that swings between A and R to adjust the movement’s speed? Sorry I don’t know the technical name

duccio

Regulator. On this design. It sits under the bridge and is set by the screw in the plate
 
Posts
3,646
Likes
7,749
Did anybody watch the auction? What was the hammer price??
 
Posts
1,885
Likes
3,816
Did anybody watch the auction? What was the hammer price??
£4200 GBP excluding buyer premium. At first sight, it looked so good I thought you might be the seller! 😉 - the high-res images on the WoK website do show speckles on the dial honestly, but I doubt that the casual onlooker would ever notice them. Given lack of funds I didn't stay home to watch the auction though. 😗
 
Posts
3,646
Likes
7,749
£4200 GBP excluding buyer premium. At first sight, it looked so good I thought you might be the seller! 😉 - the high-res images on the WoK website do show speckles on the dial honestly, but I doubt that the casual onlooker would ever notice them. Given lack of funds I didn't stay home to watch the auction though. 😗

Due to the Brexit consequences I seldom bid in the UK recently. The watch was tempting though. dial original and not bad for its age. but there are also issues: soft case (most likely polished), movement shows different colours in the plating, so likely put together with plates from at least 2 different movements.
£5560 including buyer premium (if bought through online bidding) which is roughly €6350. Not a bad result for the auction house.
Due to Brexit I would have to pay 20% import VAT on top of this... € 7620 No, thank you...
 
Posts
1,885
Likes
3,816
Due to Brexit I would have to pay 20% import VAT on top of this... € 7620 No, thank you...
Yes, any British Parliament members on this forum (must be at least one, surely?) need to go their room and have a good think about what they've done.
 
Posts
234
Likes
180
Yes, any British Parliament members on this forum (must be at least one, surely?) need to go their room and have a good think about what they've done.
Perhaps too raw a topic for discussion on a watch forum?
Accept your point on the import levies, the same problem buying into the UK, but Brexit runs a lot, lot, lot, deeper than that.
 
Posts
1,885
Likes
3,816
Yikes! No discussion or intrusion intended, sorry - just trying to get into Mac's good books! 😵‍💫
 
Posts
234
Likes
180
Yikes! No discussion or intrusion intended, sorry - just trying to get into Mac's good books! 😵‍💫
Apologies if I came across too heavy there: get a bit grumpy about brexit, stoked by our media blaming it for each and every problem in the UK.
I'll stick to commenting about watches from now on, promise. 😀