Omega 166.0251 - Legit Check - Only the hands?

Dear Omega Enthusiasts,

This is my first post, though I’ve been following the forum for many years.
In fact, several of my watches are in my collection thanks to the insights I’ve gained here.

For a long time, I’ve been wanting to buy a "non-baby Ploprof", but as the years go by, the prices keep rising, so I think now is the time to make the leap.

I’ve found one that needs a bit of attention, but I’d appreciate your thoughts on whether everything looks correct.
My concern is mainly with the hands, which I suspect might be service replacements or even fake, though the rest seems genuine to me.

It may not be in perfect condition, but I’m seriously considering purchasing it. Do you think it’s possible to find original hands for it (not the luminova ones)?

I’d greatly appreciate your support and any feedback you may have.

Ciao!
MV

s-l1600-1.png s-l1600-16.png s-l1600-7.png s-l1600-13.png s-l1600-14.png

Quick check shows a couple with matching hands, but vast majority are orange minute hand

Production change early on?

The other similar models are 120 and your linked bracelet model using the same hand style, but both mainly orange minute

Quick check shows a couple with matching hands, but vast majority are orange minute hand

Production change early on?

The other similar models are 120 and your linked bracelet model using the same hand style, but both mainly orange minute
Hello Don,

Thanks for your reply.
Yeah I was wondering if the pale/white hands was due discoloration or just white from the factory.

Hello, that is a nice example, the minute hand is discoloured in my opinion.