Omega 1342 (non-chronometer) versus 1343 (chronometer) quartz movements

Hi all,

Been trying to see if there's actually any difference besides the chronometer certification that the vintage 1343 Constellation quartz movements went through, compared to the 1342 Seamaster non-chronometer quartz movements. Were quartz crystals more carefully selected by Omega for the chronometer versions?

AFAIK, both the 1342 and 1343 were both rated at +/- 5SPM.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

Been trying to see if there's actually any difference besides the chronometer certification that the vintage 1343 Constellation quartz movements went through, compared to the 1342 Seamaster non-chronometer quartz movements. Were quartz crystals more carefully selected by Omega for the chronometer versions?

AFAIK, both the 1342 and 1343 were both rated at +/- 5SPM.

Can't help with the basic question but when bought new in 1982 my 1342 Seamaster ran about 1 sec/month, cannot remember which way. Now, after a trip to Bienne when it completely halted a handful of years ago, it runs -1 sec/day. Not a problem, I wear it so infrequently that I always have to correct the date anyway.

I do not know to answer to your question but i think the best method to find out is to buy both version and to test them.