Omega 11582666 Dial Help

Posts
1
Likes
0
Hi everyone, I'm new here! My very first watch was passed down from my grandfather, who bought it back in 1947. It's an Omega with movement serial number 11582666. He didn't want a Soviet watch, but he also didn't want to show off that he was wearing an Omega, so he actually painted over the dial himself.

I'd love to restore it with an authentic original dial. Could anyone help me identify the correct reference for this dial and point me in the right direction on where to source one?

Thank You!!

 
b14c1113-c6ab-4fbd-a764-cff736607231.mov - 1.2 MB
Posts
30,171
Likes
77,906
Looks to be a Cal. 265 on the bridge (30T3 PC AM). Note that in 1947 I don't believe that Omega used those caliber numbers - I think they started using those in the late 50's, so that would lead me to believe that either the date you were given is not correct, or at some point in the life of this watch the movement was replaced.

It there just a serial number inside the case back, and no other numbers?

I'm afraid that this will be a bit of a trial and error exercise without more information.
 
Posts
132
Likes
200
given the heirloom status and the effort he put in - keep the dial as-is! way more sentimental. just my opinion!
 
Posts
2,598
Likes
2,779
TBH, finding a dial here is going to be difficult. You know the cal number, so I tend to ebay attempt that + diameter, since that determines whether it would fit in the case. In the <$200 there are PLENTY of dials on ebay, so I'd start there. Note there are a LOT of redials on ebay as well, so you'll have to be a bit careful as you look for one.