Older Omega Education

Posts
4
Likes
1
You guys have some awesome newer Omegas here. I’m usually an amazing antique archeologist, but the nuance of watches and jewelry gets me stumped. The movement serial puts this around late 1960’s but the paperwork and presentation date isn’t until 1973. I’m 96% the body of the watch says 14 ct gold which is weird because I would expect 14k gold (the ct throws me off) The Speigel band seems aftermarket (it says 10k GF Topcase) but I’ve seen other Seamasters with the exact same band. This was presented to my grandpa after a lifetime of working at New York Life Insurance. I’m surprised Omega allowed “NYLIC” right on the face. The case is this hard plastic box which I don’t see on any other Seamasters from this period. I took this thing off the shelf after 30 years and the second hand just started moving again. I wound it 15 times and set the time. It is keeping pace exactly with my iPhone after 4 days. Crazy. Any info yall have would be great.

 
Posts
970
Likes
4,490
Your photos are terrible, and confusing. Why are you showing two different watches?
 
Posts
13,518
Likes
23,452
I’m not sure what your questions are and you don’t actually state the serial, but, serial charts are estimates and it was common for a watch to have a couple of years between manufacture, delivery and sale so it’s fairly common for there to be a couple of years between the estimated date according to the serial and the sale date.

You don’t show the 14ct stamp but that is common in some countries, whereas other such as the US use 14k.

The box is a standard 70’s box.

The bracelet is a non Omega, generic bracelet the buyer chose to add at the point of sale or at some point down the line.
 
Posts
2,335
Likes
1,456
Company may have bought a few or old stock still sitting for some employees nearing the presentation times

Companies have the info printed on the dial. Not Omega