Forums Latest Members

old zenith found in the house

1. fabiauda Oct 1, 2019

Good day, I've been going thrugh a lot of old stuff in mom's house lately, and this one came out of a drawwer, very small but still nice, it can be worn by my kids for the moment, just wondering if in your opinion it's worth servicing (not running unfortunately), thanks for your adice and have a nice day!

zen.jpg
  2. zoohannover Oct 1, 2019

3. fabiauda Oct 1, 2019

thanks for your reply, , it is slightly different but not that much, actually I prefer mine, except the hands, which are very nice on the other one… would you repair it?

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 1, 2019

Yes. It's a nice watch, could possibly be called "rare".

If you don't want to invest anything I'm sure eBay would be an option.

5. fabiauda Oct 1, 2019

oh well, I'd rather keep it than selling, few bucks will not change my life, and the room it takes in the house is so little, hope my wife do not read this…..

WatchCor and chronos like this.
  6. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Oct 1, 2019

It’s lovely but probably not shockprotected- don’t let kids play with it, it’s very breakable. Give it to your wife!! It will be lovely and elegant on a ladies wrist. Careful to spray perfume and put cream before the watch is on because the humidity could enter the watch through the crown area and ruin the movement.
    In one word: it’s a vintage watch!

oinkitt, Shabbaz, Nathan1967 and 5 others like this.
  7. fabiauda Oct 1, 2019

Ciao Syrte, unfortunately my wife do not like watches and never wear one, I gave her a swatch many years agi and she used to like it but once dead she did not want another and it's a shame since I have different lady's watches that are really nice! on the other hand the kids instead likes watches and treat them right especialy young Milo, 9 years old, he has a soft spot for pocket watches that he also wear to theatre and school….

8. paulblincoln Oct 1, 2019

What a beautiful description of your child Milo. I think if he is gentle and understands the responsibility and how to take care. I think it is definitely good for him to use it

Syrte likes this.
  9. fabiauda Oct 1, 2019

Thanks Paulbincoln, Milo is a real gentlemen, he wears suits and smoking jackets, sometimes a top hat too, he has a mechanical wsristwatch, a square lidher that my mov gave him couple years ago, but his passion are the pocket watches, he has several, among them an omega, a Longines and more, he perfectly understand the delicacy of the movements which I showed him, we go to watchstores together and comment the watches in the Windows, I am very happy about the way he lives this passion, and best of all the other day he said that his present for me for next X'mas will be a speedmaster….

10. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Oct 1, 2019

Are you sure you didn't mix up "for" to "from" ;)

As to wearing the Zenith, unless it has had a recent service, wearing it could cause damage due to died out oils/grease, and possible dust and rust particles circulating in the movement.

It's too nice a watch not to get serviced and enjoy wearing, and I'm sure Milo would appreciate the fact that it isn't being damaged while he wears it.

fabiauda and Syrte like this.
  11. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Oct 1, 2019

[QUOTE="fabiauda, post: 1339591, member: 59647]his present for me for next X'mas will be a speedmaster….[/QUOTE]

If he starts this early you might want to tell him that getting good grades in school and a good job could be helpful :D

fabiauda, DaveK and Larry S like this.
  12. paulblincoln Oct 1, 2019

... a Speedmaster! You've raised him well!

fabiauda likes this.
  13. gostang9 Oct 1, 2019

Wow, what a great child you have there! I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s just a little jealous.

My wife also has no interest in watches (like yours). Although she did humor me once by wearing one of my Speedies to a movie. My daughter also isn’t interested, but let me buy her a cheap quartz at a local thrift shop. She used to wear it from time to time, but it since she started grade 9 (high school)... :(

14. CaptainWinsor Oct 1, 2019

I’ll take it. I love those

15. bubba48 Oct 1, 2019

Very nice watch. Congrats

This is mine

zenith lepine (2).jpg

zenith lepine (3).jpg

Cal 12"'

zenith lepine (4).jpg

Despite today's fads, I think it's still a man's size

zenith lepine (7).jpg

16. fabiauda Oct 1, 2019

I really mean present from him to me, at least that is what he meant , but I am sure that when X mas comes, he will ask for money to my wife and she will not give it to him, so all ok!!
    yes you are right it will be serviced soon, I got convinced that it is better to have it working! thanks!!

17. fabiauda Oct 1, 2019

I really love the hands of yours, quite unusual and they look good there!

18. fabiauda Oct 1, 2019

If he starts this early you might want to tell him that getting good grades in school and a good job could be helpful :D[/QUOTE]

So if he gets good grades I give him the money to give me the speedmaster, that's cool !!

19. fabiauda Oct 1, 2019

that is us at the teathre, many people stops us on the streets to compliment him, it is strange to spot such a Young kid walking with a smoking ….. I really hope he stays like that forever, take into account he also is a ballet dancer….

44431613_10217559270076530_2686265296460709888_o.jpg
    X350 XJR, alecuncu, ELV web and 7 others like this.
  20. Interstatetime Oct 7, 2019

Fantastic Father & Son photo. I think you beautiful little Zenith suits him fine. It is well worth getting it serviced.

JohnCote

fabiauda likes this.