Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. Martin_J_N Oct 5, 2020

A deposit cannot guarantee a watch, if 10,000 people in the USA put down a deposit then Omega would have to supply this many watches just to the USA, if Omega only make 7070 pieces how would this work?

Therefore in my view the deposit is meaningless, but I don’t know how trading rules work in the USA.

2. Chassimoto1 Oct 5, 2020

I cannot confirm “truth” but I can confirm that my OB said the same thing. A deposit guarantees that you will receive an option to purchase the snoopy.

3. jaegodylan Oct 5, 2020

Weirdly got this from my London (Regent St) Boutique

"Whilst today is the tentative date for the release of the timepiece, OMEGA HQ have not yet announced any specific information just yet. In the best interest of fairness, we are not yet taking any names, nor do we have an official waiting list presently. I hope you can appreciate we cannot make any confirmations, as we ultimately do not wish to disappoint anyone.

Once the timepiece has been released by OMEGA HQ, we will email you with the details and that is when the waiting list will open. We will operate on a first come, first served basis. Let me politely stress that you are not yet being added to a waiting list, simply registering your interest."

4. riimar Oct 5, 2020

Does anyone have a specific time?
    Some said 9, 12 afternoon etc...
    I'm tired of refreshing the site and email all the time.. :unsure:

5. hb8745 Oct 5, 2020

8AM eastern time the is popular time for pressers to hit the wire here in the US. Hopefully < 1hr now...

6. mblease Oct 5, 2020

I heard from my Mum's neighbours auntie who once dated Raynald for six glorious weeks in the 70's that he accidentally blabbed to his barbers son that Daniel Craig had decided how many Snoopys would be released during a pre covid hot tub session. That is all fact. You heard it here first.

Before clicking on this thread I couldn't give a shit about this release, now I'm as giddy as the rest of you. ;)

Edited Oct 5, 2020
    Longbow, dstfno, MauricioNO and 4 others like this.
  7. 《007》 Oct 5, 2020

Bye Bye money :D

8. 《007》 Oct 5, 2020

no leaks so far?

9. Bp1000 Oct 5, 2020

No it’s all conjecture

A few people are suggesting 4pm BST

Which is strange. End of the day for omega hq

riimar likes this.
  10. hb8745 Oct 5, 2020

They would just stop taking deposits when they feel like they're getting close to full subscription targets.

11. Martin_J_N Oct 5, 2020

For us in the UK can you explain how a deposit guarantees a watch? As I previously mentioned if 10,000 people in the US put down a deposit and Omega only release 7000 watches worldwide what happens to those unfulfilled deposits in the US?

riimar likes this.
  12. riimar Oct 5, 2020

Geneve is same timezone as me... (GMT+ 2)
    So 4pm bst will be 5 here, they wait until everyone is home from work.. strange they don't announce a specific time.
    So today is the first time I woke up early, before my alarm went off.. :D

13. taz101 Oct 5, 2020

It makes no sense other than the deposit puts them on a waiting list with a refund if they dont get it

14. padders Oooo subtitles! Oct 5, 2020

A deposit means different things in different jurisdictions. In the US, presumably if they can't supply the watch they apologise and return the money. In the UK, if they take a deposit it is more binding and if they can't supply the item, and it turns out to trade above list then people have successfully sued for damages. It came to light when a guy with a deposit on a Porsche 911 GT3 RS or similar lost his place in the queue and went to court. It is for this reason a UK dealer wont take a deposit unless they are 100% sure they can supply.

hb8745 likes this.
  15. TokenMao Oct 5, 2020

Once again, the US works off of a different system, not sure how you're able to make any assertions about how the system works if don't have sufficient information about it. In the past, limited editions were allocated by region, so US OBs taking deposits wouldn't have impacted you. Who knows how it's going to be handled this time but at the end of the day whether you get a watch or not is completely at the discretion of Omega or your AD, and I'm pretty sure watch brands have no obligation to actually make the process first come first serve. i.e. you being first on the waitlist doesn't actually mean you're first in line to get a watch. Otherwise Rolex and their ADs would have been sued thousands of times already.

16. hb8745 Oct 5, 2020

It's been mentioned in the thread already that UK are not the ones taking the deposit, but US.

In your example, they would decide to allocate 2k (for example) out of the 7k to US OB network. Once the deposit list nears 2k, HQ tell their OBs to stop taking deposits.

17. Martin_J_N Oct 5, 2020

Who, it’s not Omega asking for the deposits is it, it’s the dealers isn’t it?

Omega decided many months ago how many pieces would make up this release, what would be included, the box size, in fact everything would have been signed off a good while back.

Deposits are meaningless in my opinion, just being used to help dealers through these difficult times.

18. midimanwatch Oct 5, 2020

They get let down and their money will have to be returned. Well that is how I see it.

Look at the response from the UK Regent Store and sums it up. That is how it was kind of explained to me and I am glad that we don't have to put a deposit down.

19. Martin_J_N Oct 5, 2020

But the AD’s still taking deposits?

20. Hoddspur Oct 5, 2020

This is how my Omega AD responded to me (no deposit required):

Good Afternoon John,

“Thank you for your email and was nice to speak to you earlier on the telephone.”

“I will add your name to list and once we have any more information we will be in touch.”

Fingers crossed but still don’t hold out much hope of seeing one!