Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. taz101 Jul 15, 2020

Can you get a room fellas and let this thread get back on subject

[​IMG]

2. WatchNurse Jul 15, 2020

I agree, the Rolex tactics seem to be overlapping into other brands. I recently purchased my first Omega, a sapphire sandwiched Speedmaster and it's quickly become a favorite. A shame that flippers/others have to ruin it for us that are speedmaster/snoopy fans.

I agree with you as well....I've never dealt with a more toxic group of people on forums. Bunch of keyboard warriors who can't stay on topic. Lol

connieseamaster and OmegaP99 like this.
  3. kelsey Jul 15, 2020

Where on the planet was there a Covid lockdown last April?

WatchNurse likes this.
  4. texasmade Jul 15, 2020

You need to visit more forums! Some forums (actually a lot of forums) are way worse. This place is actually fairly nice compared to other forums.

Farmer and janice&fred like this.
  5. Duckie Jul 16, 2020

Agreed.
    This may just be one of the very best watch forums ever.
    Perhaps as good as the old New Turfers was back in the day.

All forums have their own culture.
    When people with attitudes start labeling others indiscriminately and casting aspersions about others without even knowing them after recently joining the forum.
    That's when the troubles start.
    I could go on, but I sense others are already awake to how this thread has turned recently without getting personal.

madjestikmoose likes this.
  6. Duckie Jul 16, 2020

I think we may be witnessing a crossed wire scenario:thumbsdown:
    I'm applying a bit of the old "benefit of the doubt" here and consider "last April" to potentially be April 2020. It's a geographical/cultural thing;)
    But seeing as there's never been clarification(for some reason:thumbsdown:)??????

7. Martin_J_N Jul 16, 2020

So the upshot of 6 pages of discussion and debate on this subject is that no one has a clue as to what Omega is going to do on October 5th 2020 to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of receiving the Snoopy Award. Have I missed anything?

:)

Kmart, Japanred, Dsloan and 5 others like this.
  8. Dedlock Jul 16, 2020

so far all we have heard is that the model is not a limited edition but a limited production!

Martin_J_N likes this.
  9. Duckie Jul 16, 2020

I hold out hope that it's not all that different visually from the last one.
    The novelty factor was off the scale. IMO.
    And the best part was the Saphire Crystal didn't show "the ring" against the white dial:thumbsup:

Dreaming of something with a special movement(Perhaps even a 321:thumbsdown:) but a 3861 would be just fine, Thank you very much Omega:cool:
    Even a white gold applied Omega logo would be a nice little touch but keep it in SS:thumbsup:

10. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 16, 2020

Comparing it to that place is an insult to OF, in my opinion.

11. kelsey Jul 16, 2020

Oddly enough I heard completely different on making enquires at the OB then beyond, further up the chain seems to suggest it’ll be a limited edition.

Edited Jul 16, 2020
    Dedlock likes this.
  12. kakscy Jul 16, 2020

so how i can get this watch? call my ad and cross my fingers? or is there another way

Martin_J_N likes this.
  13. Martin_J_N Jul 16, 2020

What watch, there is no watch announced, all that has been said is that Omega will make an announcement on 5th October as to how they plan to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of being given the Snoopy Award. Now don't get me wrong it is almost certainly going to be a watch but at this moment in time no one actually knows. So what you are getting is lots of people commenting on what they believe Omega will announce. For all we know Omega may release a Snoopy cuddly toy with a Speedmaster printed on its tummy.

:)

14. Dedlock Jul 16, 2020

I hope it is limited edition, it would be very odd to have snoopy themed watch as a mainline production.

Japanred and rohnin like this.
  15. Capt Cave Man Jul 16, 2020

Possibly but am I correct that the Apollo 8 DSOTM is a limited run rather than limited edition ::confused2::

Edited Jul 16, 2020
  16. henrimontgomery Jul 16, 2020

I love the white snoopy, the lume in particular.

Would be nice to make an EdWhite Snoopy Edition

17. Dedlock Jul 16, 2020

Yes omega categorizes it as a limited production, which from what I understand a limited amount of units will be produced annually.

rominvicta and Martin_J_N like this.
  18. Martin_J_N Jul 16, 2020

Yes, my AD has confirmed that this watch is a permanent addition to the line-up but in limited numbers each year, their reasoning was that Omega has invested considerably in the line so it is unlikely to disappear in the near future.

19. Duckie Jul 16, 2020

Insult is a strong word with negative connotations.
    Perhaps we don't share the same experience:thumbsdown:
    Something happened while I wasn't active on watch forums for a very long while and that forum sort of dissipated for some reason.
    I was more focused on much higher priorities with ongoing illness in the family.
    Quite frankly I couldn't even tell you the name I went by there, it all seemed to be lost in a dense fog from that period in my life.
    I can tell you, that I have accidentally run into others on these forums who were there back then and we also share positive memories/impressions:thumbsup:

I can tell you that it all seemed just fine to me then, just as this forum does right here and now:thumbsup:

On reflection, i suppose it's a bit like high school then:thumbsdown::(
    Some people enjoyed the experience, others hated it, and there are those in between who had a mixed reaction where they took only what they needed and well and truly left the rest behind.
    I fell into the last camp in that respect and forged(and still mutually maintain to this day) a hand full of the closest friendships imaginable over a 40 odd year period(to date) beginning in early primary school, which were forged through some great peaks and some pretty crumby lows:thumbsdown:

You and I obviously have a long history of some exposure to these mediums;)
    Al, perhaps one day we may be able to meet in a face to face format and discuss our experiences more privately in the sincere hope I may gain a better understanding of your insights:)
    I would genuinely feel blessed in that respect:thumbsup:
    Alternately I invite you to feel free to open dialogue via a PM as that may be our only real hope in what have become known as these challenging times.

I shall leave it there now and endeavour to remain focussed on staying on topic:)

Kind Regards,
    D:)

Edited Jul 16, 2020
  20. Duckie Jul 16, 2020

Agreed.
    Actually, I would say it would not be odd but down right bizarre given what we have been conditioned to with LE's from Omega and GS(for example).

Dedlock likes this.