Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. Evitzee Sep 27, 2020

A thread here on OF is not really considered serious unless it detours in to Rolex availability, grey market prices and surly Rolex dealers. And lately the discussion into the corporate 'charity', 'trust' or other legal arrangement Hans Wildorf formed for his company also seems to be a valid detour. Just the normal course of events.

Dsloan likes this.
  2. Caliber561 Sep 27, 2020

To be fair, this sort of discussion always pops up whenever discussing modern watches. Threads about vintage beauties are thankfully free of most of the speculation and the flipping.

bobby shankit likes this.
  3. platogsd Sep 27, 2020

Haha! I'm with you! It's definitely getting now into Rolex vs Omega haha! ::popcorn:::rolleyes: My email is blowing up. Definitely changing that!! ::facepalm1::

bobby shankit likes this.
  4. phooi Sep 27, 2020

I have no idea nor proclaim to. It’s fun to speculate since it seems the thing to do on a forum! Lol. I would love to get whatever SS watch by going to an AD but that’s not possible in this environment.
    It’s not Rolex itself that donates anything. It is their parent company, the Hans Wilsdorf Foundation. Check out the link. The foundation has a charities underneath them.

It’s hard to imagine a company like Rolex, with such an influence over this industry, reporting to a board from this foundation. From a business school perspective, it would be an interesting business case except for how closed they are as an entity.

5. Caliber561 Sep 27, 2020

I don't think you posted a link, if that was what you meant to do. In any case, just because they're registered as a charity doesn't mean they actually make donations. There's also little, if any evidence that they actually make charitable contributions.

6. Capt Cave Man Sep 27, 2020

Forgive me, I thought the thread was in relation to the Omega Snoopy Celebration being announced on 5th October?

Apologies, will go and search for it now :p

7. bobby shankit Sep 27, 2020

Only the invisible man :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Capt Cave Man likes this.
  8. Capt Cave Man Sep 27, 2020

I think Omega have done an outstanding job keeping this under wraps since they dropped their hint back in April and that all we have to go on to-date is he said, she said or they said and guesswork :thumbsup:

I suspect there are quite a few in the know :cool: just looking forward their reveal...

9. Evitzee Sep 27, 2020

Many, many people know what the watch looks like....management, designers, ad agencies, photographers, printers, and a phalanx of workers who have been assembling them. With all the cell phones roaming around it is indeed amazing that these things can be kept under wraps. But the industry seems to do it.

Japanred likes this.
  10. GT3 Sep 27, 2020

Yes. It’s also very frustrating :D

11. Martin_J_N Sep 27, 2020

I started the thread but I am happy that it is wandering along, at least we are having good debate and discussion on a multitude of subjects whilst we wait for Omega's announcement.

12. bobby shankit Sep 27, 2020

In every industry new release There are those who know, and there are those who think they know, but it's those who know what those who think they know that don't actually know, that makes what those who do know worth knowing, if you know what i mean :confused::D

13. kilofinal Sep 27, 2020

I wonder if Omega will release any teaser images leading up to October 5th

14. hb8745 Sep 27, 2020

For those of you with deposits or on lists, what on announcement day would be considered a deal breaker?

Japanred and YHY like this.
  15. midimanwatch Sep 27, 2020

Design, Exclusivity, Delivery Time and Price.

If none of them fit the bill then I am going to ask to be taken off the list and I'm going straight on one for a Rolex Daytona.

Knowing full well that Rolex will not take a dime from me and that I will have the money to pay it off by the time I get it. :)

Edited Sep 28, 2020
    Japanred, Asianpersuasion and hb8745 like this.
  16. Asianpersuasion Sep 27, 2020

I made a deposit for the Apollo 11 50th, and was greatly disappointed. I was refunded immediately. I hope this does not disappoint. I am hopeful, but I’m sure they will take some design from the 11th. Blue and white are the colors I keep hearing. We will see in a week...

Japanred likes this.
  17. phooi Sep 27, 2020

sorry. It was in my previous post but here it is:

https://www.bobswatches.com/rolex-blog/resources/rolex-non-profit.html

18. EricCsN Sep 27, 2020

D day -7. a week to go.

A coveted success ::psy:: or forgettable piece ::facepalm1::, stay glued::stirthepot::

garryap17, Japanred and phooi like this.
  19. phooi Sep 27, 2020

Price. If it’s over $15k, I’m probably out. Otherwise, it’s hard to say. I will know it when I see it.

Japanred likes this.
  20. pw92676 Sep 27, 2020

Aesthetics. If it doesn’t look good (which I doubt) or if it just doesn’t feel right for me (which I also doubt) then I’ll pass. Otherwise no deal breakers, I’m all in for this! Would love a strap and bracelet. But I’m trying not to get my expectations tempered in any direction. Someone once told me, “expectation is the only thing that can cause disappointment.” So right they are.

Japanred likes this.