Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. platogsd Sep 23, 2020

White/silver dial with light blue accents could be super cool?

2. EricCsN Sep 23, 2020

I want something not done before totally new and refreshing

Japanred, Vale21 and kelsey like this.
  3. omegabruh Sep 23, 2020

I want something that is classy and simple. Something along the lines of the first speedy Tuesday. That design is sooo classy.

g-boac and lando like this.
  4. Nyrmala Sep 24, 2020

Just my personal opinion, but I deeply hope it won't look like this one

g-boac, Soulcreek and SurvivingJoe like this.
  5. Japanred Sep 24, 2020

Agree

6. Bond007 Sep 24, 2020

I managed to snap this spy photo of the prototype. Shh!

483082E4-F1B9-473F-AE43-2A80634C5C55.jpeg
  7. Pun Sep 24, 2020

::facepalm1::. You'll save my money.

8. phooi Sep 24, 2020

I knew the rumors there was blue wasn’t true!

9. tvlaan Sep 24, 2020

Get rid of the snoopy subdial and keep him on the back crystal and I’m loving this render...

10. midimanwatch Sep 24, 2020

Who is mad enough to put down a deposit on a watch with no guarantee of actually getting one?

I live in the UK, and when a dealer takes a deposit you expect to be getting the item.

All I know is that the release date has been set, but orders and dates cannot be guaranteed. Therefore that could be one of the reasons why our OB are not taking money up front from us.

It seems strange that someone would put down a large amount of money on something that they may not even like and then have to go through all the work of getting their money refunded.

11. s2000_driver Sep 24, 2020

The "rules" are not consistent throughout the world. Here in the US, the only way to acquire one is to put down those deposits. Some OBs required full deposits on the Ed White. That's basically $15K interest-free loan to Omega. Oh well...

phooi likes this.
  12. Pepe Lucas Sep 24, 2020

I think that it would depend on how did you put the deposit down and your relationship with the OB. I put the deposit over the phone on a CC that the cut off date will be October 15. If by the 5th I find out that I don’t like the watch, I can call the OB and ask for the refund over the phone. I know that if I like it my OB will get me one.

13. slwoodster Sep 24, 2020

It's really tough to imagine and accept the demand that some watches can have. It's definitely different situations in different ADs, OBs... Don't get into Patek, AP or Rolex... You may find even stranger things when you find out people are putting down 100% deposits on 15202s and not getting them after 3 years.

14. TokenMao Sep 24, 2020

Yeah on the margin I'd prefer it if they just took down names instead of a deposit, but it's fully refundable and you can just ask for a refund if you don't like it which is like a 5 min phone call.

15. midimanwatch Sep 24, 2020

That's is what I mentioned earlier on in one of my other posts.

Omega are taking peoples money and possibly be using it elsewhere?
    They might be even using it to fund the production of the watches and keep their overheads down.

16. Omega-Q Sep 24, 2020

I really don't think so...the deposits are fully refundable, so they would be in some trouble if the funds were not available for refunds. Either way....the time is drawing near. We'll have to see what Omega surprises us with...

17. pw92676 Sep 24, 2020

I totally agree with the logic behind this. But i think the deposit amount of 5-7k is either a lot, a little or just right depending on the buyer.

I’m a newbie to omega and far from a fanboy but I LOVE this system. If I could put down what I feel is an appropriate and fully refundable deposit for other watches with a realistic timeframe, I’d be all for it!

phooi likes this.
  18. Evitzee Sep 24, 2020

I can't get too upset over the policy of taking deposits, they are fully refundable, and as long as the the waiting period isn't indefinite that's just an option Omega has taken to slow down some of the speculation that occurs with a hot, new product. It worked well for the Apollo 11 watch in the US, 100% deposits accepted in March 2019 with the guarantee you would get a watch, unveiling occured mid-May 2019 and delivery started in July 2019. I don't think there were many cancellations.

phooi and Japanred like this.
  19. Z06Pat Sep 24, 2020

In my opinion, I doubt the OBs take a deposit down for a watch that may or may not come for the customer as they are directly linked/owned by Omega and it would give a bad reputation to the brand.

With that being said, the deposit was a no-brainer for me. I was glad to put my deposit down to secure my spot and be provided with an estimated timeline of when deliveries will start. Honestly, it was a breath of fresh-air compared to the Rolex treatment of "we'll call you when we call you."

20. texasmade Sep 24, 2020

More like we might call you after you buy a platinum Day Date and some ladies Datejust models.

Z06Pat, Japanred and pw92676 like this.