Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. texasmade Sep 19, 2020

I was told the same thing when I made my deposit. The boutique took my email and phone number and said they were going to email my information to Omega HQ to confirm my spot for a watch. I don't know if this means if I'll actually be getting one though.

Omega-Q likes this.
  2. jsducote Sep 19, 2020

No longer following this thread to read about speculation or which OB/AD is taking deposits and which isn't - I just want to see the pics

3. WatchNurse Sep 19, 2020

I can't wait for pictures....Shame Omega is being so tight-lipped lol

4. Japanred Sep 19, 2020

I saw the j/k but didn’t realise it meant just kidding. Must not be down with the kids :(

5. midimanwatch Sep 19, 2020

That is true and and how do you know that everyone is going to purchase it anyway?

I have now made some enquiries but I'm going to give it a miss if it turns out to be an old looking timepiece.

I don't know why they don't just release a updated limited number of the 2015 model

We are just going to have to wait and see.

Twocats likes this.
  6. phooi Sep 19, 2020

I don’t think anyone is “happy” to put a deposit down on an unseen watch. Unfortunately, not every country works the same as yours. These are the cards you are dealt and you vote with your wallet. At least the deposit is refundable. Also, for some, the amount is relative. It is a luxury item but some people seem to think they are investments. As such, people are speculating hoping to make a return.

We also happen to be in an environment where trying to buy a (insert hot watch) requires you to be rich, famous, lucky or have a purchase history. I have friends who have spent $80k in jewelry and watches just so that they can be offered a Rolex Hulk but still cannot get a SS ceramic Daytona. Is this fair? No but these are the cards we are dealt.

7. phooi Sep 19, 2020

Did you put your deposit down at an Omega boutique or an AD?

8. phooi Sep 19, 2020

Which 321 did you get?

9. Rglaz Sep 19, 2020

Omega has been doing this for a while. I have passed on some editions but Omega knows that I am interested in NASA related releases primarily. . If they keep track of the ones that Flip ( or some how find them ) and lock them out of future editions that is OK with me. Look at what has happened to Rolex and UN obtainable watches due to people that want to use this as an income stream.

10. Japanred Sep 20, 2020

I think if people are looking at spending upwards of £7000 on a watch in today’s climate they are well off enough to not be overly hurt by £100 in lost savings interest by placing a deposit.

Z06Pat, phooi and pw92676 like this.
  11. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Sep 20, 2020

Martin_J_N likes this.
  12. midimanwatch Sep 20, 2020

I missed out on the 2015 model and I am hoping that it will be a slightly re-vamped version of that one.

But I am not going to purchase one based on exclusivity alone. .

13. Pun Sep 20, 2020

I still remember, what an outcry I read at various fora after 2015 Snoopy came out.

It was a big issue that cartoon character was on the dial. Then so many sentences were written on the dial as if it was a book. And finally a sapphire crystal on top of it, instead of holy haselite glass.

The worst was that it was on some rubber coated strap with silver thread!!

It was finally decreed to be a childish watch, at best.

Rest is history. ..

richiv, phooi, Japanred and 2 others like this.
  14. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 20, 2020

I was one of the cartoon character gang. ;)
    Still don’t go much on Snoopy on dial, and won’t be buying this one.....

Just not in the market for another Speedmaster of any kind at present.

Pun likes this.
  15. Pun Sep 20, 2020

I was with you sir. Perhaps I'm still with you...

16. YY77 Sep 20, 2020

I'm of the opinion, if one doesn't like the look at first glance that wouldn't change even after seeing the values it now commands. For me the Silver Snoopy is prettier looking at the back than the front.

Caliber561 and Pun like this.
  17. pw92676 Sep 20, 2020

I wasn’t as in tune in the watch community for prior releases so my perspective is more individualized than a collective thought. In 2003/4 sometime I was in HK visiting my uncle who was into watches. He and I both had opportunity to get an Eyes on the Stars but each passed.

He thought “no way I’d pay this much for a cartoon dog on such a nice watch”. I thought “I cannot afford time pay this much right now for my beloved Snoopy on an amazing watch. Maybe one day...”

I am one of the few oddballs to this release in that I admire the lineage, the history, and the watch...but I am most excited about Snoopy. To be in a position to buy an “expensive” watch now (especially one that is playful and fun, not a safe-dweller) when I couldn’t do so years ago is a gratifying and humbling experience for me. Would love to get this next one but if I don’t, I will still be glad that my watch collecting journey has led me this far.

phooi likes this.
  18. Evitzee Sep 20, 2020

Same with me, in the last two years I've acquired six limited edition Speedmasters, including both Speedy Tuesdays, I just don't want to drop another $10k on a watch at this time. I still think many people are on this Snoopy train because they think that lightning may be caught in a bottle again and they don't want to be left out. Unlikely, imo. All will be revealed in a few weeks.

Pun likes this.
  19. dslloyd Sep 20, 2020

I was contacted by my OB manager this week, and decided to make the deposit since it is refundable. He told me the price would be under $10k. Other details were scant, but included SS band, white dial with some blue aspects, sapphire sandwich.

20. Texex Sep 20, 2020

I'm as excited as you. Have been a Snoopy fan my whole life (and I'm 44). Even had snoopy sheets as a pre-schooler. and I currently have a Beagle. I really hope they put Snoopy on the dial again and not just the back. Also from Houston originally so the NASA think is very cool.

phooi, richiv and pw92676 like this.