Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. phooi Sep 18, 2020

That’s not true. My OB is taking $7k deposits. Also I made my deposit back in June and a friend just had the opportunity to put down a $7k deposit this week. I think there may be some regional differences based on laws. In the US where I’m located, there doesn’t seem to be any consistency in terms of the deposit.

2. Newatch321 Sep 19, 2020

Concern now, only had a 4k deposit in January thinking I need to call to pay the difference.

3. EricCsN Sep 19, 2020

i have paid nothing by way of deposit

4. jpjsavage Sep 19, 2020

Nor me.

5. Martin_J_N Sep 19, 2020

What about 7020 (1970-2020)?

rohnin likes this.
  6. Martin_J_N Sep 19, 2020

Probably going to bail on getting this, looks as though our forthcoming house move is going to curtail any watch buying for the moment.

:(

7. EricCsN Sep 19, 2020

with 7070, omega sells 50 more pieces than 7020 (make more commercial sense?)

Martin_J_N likes this.
  8. Soulcreek Sep 19, 2020

They’ve had your money for 10 months? How does that work?

9. Soulcreek Sep 19, 2020

That's too bad but priorities. You never know what's around the corner, you could pick one up later or perhaps you don't even like the look of it. I also need a dose of reality, 2 watches this year and oddly I'm kind of hoping that this one will not be for me

Martin_J_N likes this.
  10. Ludi Sep 19, 2020

Speculation or Omega love, this topic makes me wonder ?

11. Martin_J_N Sep 19, 2020

I am really surprised that outside of the UK people appear happy to pay large deposits on what are fundamentally rumours and even if the rumour becomes fact the item may not appear for many many months.

In this thread there are people who paid a large chunk of money early in 2020 on what was no more than an inspired guess yet may not get a watch until 2021, I am really shocked by this.

Is this how the system works elsewhere in the world, the deposit is required and if you don’t submit one you won’t get anything? Therefore are we in the UK spoilt by the way our system works, just register our interest and then pay when the watch comes in?

WiZARD likes this.
  12. Martin_J_N Sep 19, 2020

If the watch isn’t limited then I may be able to pick one up at a later date, the wife has decided to limit my spending to a single watch this year due to the move, I picked my Railmaster up a month or so back so if Omega run late and the watch isn’t limited it may be 2021 before I get the call and that will be a new year.

Let’s just hope the call for the 321 or Submariner doesn’t come in

:whistling:

pundemanila and Soulcreek like this.
  13. midimanwatch Sep 19, 2020

Quite easy.

People are stupid enough to hand it over and they get probably invest it elsewhere and make a tidy sum on it.

14. midimanwatch Sep 19, 2020

Where do you register your interest?

15. midimanwatch Sep 19, 2020

If Omega start playing around with any of this special edition talk and/or lapping it up then I will just walk away and get myself a Daytona.

A Snoopy would be a nice to have, but a new Daytona is also something that money cant always buy, and they are always in demand.

16. Jimbo555 Sep 19, 2020

I simply filled out a form at a London OB and they noted my Omega purchase history.

17. Martin_J_N Sep 19, 2020

Just e-mailed my Omega dealer that I was interested and they have me logged as being interested in the watch, I have buying history with the store so that helps as well.

In addition the manager at the store told me to do this, and yes I have checked and I am on the list, near the top, for one if I want it. I don’t have to buy, I am free to pull out and someone else can take my place.

18. midimanwatch Sep 19, 2020

I was outside the London Boutique last Saturday and the windows were empty.

Delivery is the problem at this moment in time so we will see.

I also went into Watches of Switzerland too and you can't even get a sniff on a date for new Rolex Daytona because of the demand and exclusivity.

It might try and pick up one of each.;)

Edited Sep 19, 2020
  19. Boony Sep 19, 2020

I’m in UK. Have bought the 60th 2915, 50th moonshine gold and 321 all from one OB. Of course I told them I’m interested in the SS and they said they will call when they have one. For both the latter watches I purchased, they told me they have a list but it was omega that stated who the watch should be offered to first. Seems therefore once your name is down, all you can do is sit tight.

frazierspa likes this.
  20. Omega-Q Sep 19, 2020

So I got the call from OB for a deposit. I gave them my info, and then I followed up the following day. She informed me that my info was sent to Corporate, but I am on their list. Can anyone else confirm this happened? I'm wondering if this is an attempt to keep track of customers who will resell?