Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 18, 2020

Just make a 100 more, so 7070 :thumbsup:

Capt Cave Man likes this.
  2. weimi1 Sep 18, 2020

Don't panic, there will be no watch limitations. It will take a long time at most until you hold your Snoopy in your hands. You don't think Omega will miss out on such a deal after the hype about the old watch.

3. Dedlock Sep 18, 2020

hopefully Omega will not let us down, they'll announce a fun watch, at a price that meets market standards with enough stock to cater both enthusiasts and interested clientele. the apollo 11 50th launch is a minimum standard they must meet imo, if they can do better then good.

Capt Cave Man likes this.
  4. EricCsN Sep 18, 2020

yours was the last email trail on the subject- nothing else. I had the same response from an AD turning me away, and it is not that they are thumbing their nose at me or walk in customers or playing games and offending them, it is simply the case that AD will be allocated so few pieces vs. OB (when limited editions / special pieces are concerned) and they want to be upfront with that

frazierspa likes this.
  5. Capt Cave Man Sep 18, 2020

My AD in the UK has been saying similar, since buying the A11 50th I've been keeping in regular contact re: possible A13 now Snoopy...

They won't officially create any 'list' until it's announced on the 5th and, until any information on limited production, edition, availability etc. is out there I have no idea on chances of them being able to order one or more - neither do any AD I suspect.

If it's only limited over the suggested time frame of two years, there's a good chance of them getting some. If it's like the 321 and limited production, chances are a lot slimmer. From everyone's feedback, it doesn't sound as if it will be another limited edition but who knows... if it is, I really hope it will be like the A11 with a few thousand rather than a few hundred.

Either way, hats off to Omega in keeping whatever's being announced for the Silver Snoopy under wraps.

Japanred likes this.
  6. Texex Sep 18, 2020

Anyone think I have a change of getting one? I put my name down at an Omega Boutique with $5,000 and I'm 30th on the list. Are the being sold only through Omega boutiques or do AD's get them as well? Anyone know how many boutique's there are? I feel like I'm so far down the list they won't get to me.

7. GT3 Sep 18, 2020

You guys... all new Snoopys will be exclusive US OB release only. That’s why others can’t put deposits down.

j/k

8100_RPM and rohnin like this.
  8. flash_in_the_pan All Bozos on this bus Sep 18, 2020

If you don't get yours, I won't get mine. OB Bellevue, right. Called this AM. Good luck to us.

9. shutterlife Sep 18, 2020

October 5th = 10/5 = $10k watch / $5k deposit.
    Wow, 30th on the list? I'm surprised the OB has taken that many deposits. I don't think they'll get that many in.

10. 140dave Sep 18, 2020

I am speculating in the other direction. Not a true limited edition, just “limited production” makes me think I’ll be able to buy it grey in a year for less. And if not I can kick myself later and buy a nice vintage instead.

11. Japanred Sep 18, 2020

Jesus 30th on the list. So the boutique has taken $150,000 in deposits!!!

12. Japanred Sep 18, 2020

Where’s this info from?

13. 140dave Sep 18, 2020

From M.O.G.A (Make Omega Great Again)
    Haven’t you seen the red hats? ;)

Japanred, 8100_RPM and speedypants like this.
  14. shutterlife Sep 18, 2020

did you miss his j/k (as in just kidding) on the bottom?

15. taz101 Sep 18, 2020

it's not that it's simply they say 'we have no information on that piece' which to be fair to them..they don't so i don't see how anyone can take a deposit for something that hasn't been officially announced in good faith

16. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Sep 18, 2020

Drove by the OB twice today for work and decided not to venture in to put down a deposit. Maybe I'll feel different next week. Chances are I'd make room for it by releasing the CK2998 (blue) or one of the #STs. I guess that is part of my issue -- I have a handful of LEs that were all very eye-catching, yet in the end I prefer a more subdued version. The Tintin has just the right amount of splash for me. The #ST1 as well. The CK2998 and #ST2 failed to win me over.

shutterlife and frazierspa like this.
  17. sgrossma Sep 18, 2020

I think if they take your deposit you will eventually get a watch, just depends on when.

With the 50th, deposits were closed when they were all allocated.

18. Evitzee Sep 18, 2020

But that's the problem with this new release, no one knows anything about it, including the price. It all seems very ad hoc with the OB's now taking deposits. At least with the Apollo 11 50th the price was known, the edition size was known, and there was some sort of organized deposit/reservation system run through the boutiques (at least in the US). The boutiques knew week by week how many pieces were still available for the US market so when they took your (usually) full payment they forwarded that information to Omega USA which then reserved a watch for you. But there is just too many unknowns for this new Apollo 13 version for my taste, particularly not being told what the price is. At this point Omega knows what the price will be yet they are still withholding it from the potential buyers. That doesn't sit well with me. Anyway, we'll find out soon enough. I have no doubt anyone will be able to get one of these pieces in the end. Omega has learned not to produce too many or particularly too few of an anticipated release which is why they are being coy about. As Seinfeld once said, "Limited; it's a limited edition. What do they make, 50 million of those? Yes, it's limited to the number we can sell." They will make as many as they can sell.

19. sgrossma Sep 18, 2020

Perhaps. But I don’t think OBs are all going rouge. They all started taking $5k deposits at the same time. I am sure there is coordination with HQ. Perhaps the design will be a surprise, but they confirmed the price will be under $10k and that it won’t be limited to a specific number at this point.

20. Caliber561 Sep 18, 2020

Put down my deposit today. Apparently, the numbers are going to be roughly 2,000-3,000 a year, for two years. So it's slated to be less than the Apollo 11 50th Anniversary. I was also told that based on information from the Omega Extranet that it's probable the dial will be a white/silver and the strap a fabric with some blue. This seems to match up with what other people are hearing from their OBs, but I suppose we'll have to wait until 10/5 to be sure.