Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. SurvivingJoe Apr 22, 2020

What's you got? Are they confirming people can deposit to place order now?

EricCsN likes this.
  2. Omega-Q Apr 22, 2020

Good point, kind sir! :) I was thinking along the lines of 50th anniversary of Apollo 13. ::facepalm1::

3. EricCsN Apr 22, 2020

i have placed 3 pieces on queue: SO, son, me with the sales rep. and this is with their organisation (although stores are closed with COVID). They are not available to order from Omega yet and there is no information on pricing nor styling "before October". BINGO on her use of before October;)

Edited Apr 22, 2020
  4. NikoMartinez_SYD Apr 22, 2020

Will be extremely hard to get I rkn, so many new speedy enthusiasts see the snoopy character and just want it for the sake of it ! ** cough* aka me ! ;) Excited

5. speedyproftw Apr 23, 2020

Omega decided to adjust their plans for the design based on current events. In honor of The Year of Social Distancing, the Speedmaster Lazy Snoopy will be coming to a boutique near you this October:

Speedmaster Lazy Snoopy.jpg

KstateSkier, hanky6, RMA and 12 others like this.
  6. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Apr 23, 2020

He's not being lazy, he is once again helping to save people from a sure death.

speedyproftw, JTM, Caliber561 and 5 others like this.
  7. Martin_J_N Apr 23, 2020

Love this, although my worry is that due to social distancing Snoopy will be on-line only not via boutiques

8. Donfiore Apr 23, 2020

Guys, called the owner of my OB today to get some light on this. She talked to the general manager of Omega of the South American region. She was told by the GM that there is still no price, no photos, nothing about the watch, therefore they are not taking deposits and everything is halted BUT since I was already asking since October 2019 I have my piece guaranteed if I want it, so I would advise for you guys to do the same. In case you don't like the watch, or find it too expensive just ask to get out of the list as soon as the pictures/pricing comes out.

Japanred likes this.
  9. Mauzer Apr 23, 2020

Haha, that would be great!

But, in all honesty: I would be cool if there’d be a watch with some symbol/image about social distancing / happenings of this year.

speedyproftw likes this.
  10. speedyproftw Apr 23, 2020

Could very well be!

Martin_J_N likes this.
  11. Japanred Apr 23, 2020

Same here. My OB has no info at all. Only knows the same as us.

12. jsducote Apr 24, 2020

As someone who has just completed his first week on complete furlough, with no paycheck coming in and feeling little reason to get out of bed in the morning (to say nothing of showering; apologies to my SO), time in this era has no meaning. A rubber band around my wrist tells time equally well these days.

13. scapa Apr 24, 2020

Then in the spirit of the 2020 Snoopy Celebration...

il_570xN.1873756112_sstw.jpg ...

We're in a similar boat over here, plus kids to homeschool (badly). I do find myself taking pleasure in my watches, though, in their complicated histories, in their intricacy and beauty as objects, and have been spending some time working out how to clean and in a very limited way repair some of my vintage models.

Doubt I'll be in the mix for one of these Omega editions, but I sure welcome the distraction.

14. texasmade Apr 24, 2020

My furlough starts end of work day today. I'm getting furloughed one week per month for 3 months. Not so bad considering what other people are going through. I don't have any kids or wife/gf to worry about so this is now an unpaid vacation. I'll probably use the week to run in the morning and study my French (currently taking classes to learn a foreign language).

LeonDeBayonne likes this.
  15. Martin_J_N Apr 24, 2020

My gut feeling is that many people will be amending their priorities in life following this pandemic, for me I have requested a 321 Ed White and would hopefully be in a position to do this much later in the year. Am I interested in Snoopy, not really, its a collectors thing and not something that I have followed. I was disappointed that I missed out on A11 50th, I wanted one simply as a celebration of the achievement of landing on the moon.

However, if the 321 hasn't materialised and I have an opportunity on a Snoopy Celebration watch, its design appeals to me and I have funds available then I may give the plastic a workout.

rohnin likes this.
  16. LeonDeBayonne Apr 25, 2020

Very good idea! Tres bonne idee ! Bravo!

17. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Apr 30, 2020

snoopy, doopy and poopy

lol

[​IMG]

18. mk2rick Apr 30, 2020

lol gotta give them points for ingenuity !

19. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe May 8, 2020

If I were in Omega management, I would have slipped in the upcoming 2020 " 50 years NASA Snoopy award " Speedmaster in their " free lockdown " coloring book for adults & youngsters... Coloring in drawings is a real " thing " among adults... these days.
    Image discovering the Snoopy 2020 in that way... and all the talk & buzz on social media... and on this forum ... :D

20. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector May 8, 2020

@SpeedyPhill If you were Omega management we would have 4x the LEs we already have. :whistling:

Climbed up the ladder LE
    Climbed down the ladder LE
    Trained in a pool LE