Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. nicolamilton Mar 12, 2021

Well, in fact first it was only an "interested people list" with no deposit, but approximately middle of October we were requested for full payment, as OB was expecting first pieces.
    First paid, first served, OB manager said on email.
    And I paid very fast...

sgrossma likes this.
  2. stevec14 Mar 12, 2021

Yep - in the U.K. the situation is even more silly.

my OB said no deposit. My AD (with whom I am a regular and comparatively decent buyer) wanted 50%.

it’s no wonder there’s many different stories flying around.

3. chadeaux Mar 12, 2021

mmm, back up... for a Snoopy 50?
    This is like getting confused between chocolate and...

:whipped::whipped::whipped:

4. Omegallo Mar 12, 2021

I wish i got this email from my OB. I was watching IG and refreshing the omega page on Oct 5th. Called my OB a few minutes after it hit the omega page, paid my deposit in full over the phone. Still waiting for mine!

5. Dedalus05 Mar 13, 2021

My 300SMPC arrived yesterday. So I spent this morning registering it with Omega and running through the watches individual chronometer tests performance results on the Omega website.

I also added added 4 other models I own to the personalized "My Watches" section. I added a couple of pieces to the "Wish-List" feature. I registered my "interests". I recorded the nearest Omega boutique details. I signed up for the god-damned newsletter.

In other words I gave all my data in the hope it might count for something when the Snoopy allocations are being considered. Am I ashamed of my whoring? No, not a bit. :)

6. pw92676 Mar 13, 2021

Circling back here to give my update. US here.
    My boutique manager said they have received one. He now expects deliveries to fulfill the long list to go into 2022 and maybe early 2023. Initially it was projected Q1 2021 for everyone! From his perspective it’s a distribution lag.
    Whenever I get mine I will be happy. Still won’t give a damn about the secondary price or if it has “increased or decreased” in market value.
    The only upside is now i do not expect one this year so i can justify purchasing something else :) still have a flying tourbillon high on my list:)

7. Boston Bert Mar 13, 2021

I was told the same April when they took my $10k. I was later told 1900 full deposits were collected in the US, and that when that figure got to Switzerland, they told the US boutiques to stop taking the deposits.

8. Boston Bert Mar 13, 2021

I also don’t understand why they would stretch this over years, this is not a 321 movement watch.

9. texasmade Mar 13, 2021

Spoke to the my OB today about where I’m at on the Snoopy list. They said honestly they don’t know when mine is coming in. At launch I was told Q1 2021 but now it could be 2021 or 2022. I’m guaranteed to get one in the first batch of 5000 but they’re in the dark of which half of the 5000 batch. Oh well, it could always be worse. I could’ve been kicked off the list.

10. SSGMT Mar 13, 2021

1,900 watches is a small number to stop at for initial orders. If they are not limited as Omega has said, I wonder why they put such a low constraint on them.

11. texasmade Mar 13, 2021

1900 is actually a lot for just the US. That’s nearly 40% of the first batch.

12. cvalue13 Mar 13, 2021

Also, wasn’t the point only that there had been 1,900 full deposits - not that they stoped taking orders?

13. sgrenald Mar 13, 2021

I'll bet the deposit requirements are based on local laws. Maybe in the US and Spain(?) a vendor is allowed to accept a prepayment while in France or Germany, they aren't. Or they can accept a deposit if the delivery period is within a certain known range, and if the vendor can't guarantee it, they have to return the money.

We can only make educated (fantasy? Wishful thinking?) guesses about what's going on at Omega HQ. When they were first planning the watch, they may have estimated that the total demand would be 5000 (just to make up a number for discussion purposes here) and that they'd make them over a 12 month period. Suddenly they're getting 2000 pre-orders in the US, and who knows how many in the rest of the world, and it's still months from the official release date. Maybe they subsequently revised the demand to 2x or 3x the initial number. So now they need to make 15,000 of these watches. But they probably plan production several years out, and they don't have the capacity to increase manufacturing for that model. So maybe they can adjust their product mix, but it'll take a couple of years. Or maybe they're concerned that its phantom demand. That the REAL demand is actually 7500 (again, just making up a number), and all the rest is people calling multiple dealers, noise on the internet or something like that. So if they cannibalized some of the 3861 output to make extra Snoopys, they'd find that sales dropping off, and they'd be left with a bunch of Snoopys that nobody wanted (after that 7500), and they'd lose sales of some 3861s because they didn't make enough, so the person buys a pre-owned Speedy or a Rolex (hey, this whole thing is a fantasy scenario, so I can have Rolexes be readily available :D)

Bottom line, it wouldn't surprise me if they are dribbling them out because they don't want to make too many of them, and they can't easily adjust their production numbers in the near term.

Pipes McGee and SSGMT like this.
  14. SSGMT Mar 13, 2021

Good point, I guess it strikes me as low in comparison to the amount of watches that Omega produces, and what I think demand would equate to.

15. SSGMT Mar 13, 2021

I read it as Omega told the OB's to stop taking deposits when the 1,900 deposit number in the U.S. was reported to them, I could be misunderstanding it.

16. cvalue13 Mar 13, 2021

To stop taking full payment deposits - I don’t think anyone said they also stopped accepting additions to the waitlist?

Also, I don’t think every OB took full deposits?

In any event...

17. SSGMT Mar 13, 2021

I have read many conflicting viewpoints on "waitlists", some fully paid, some partial, some no deposit required and you are on a "list", it's a bit confusing to say the least.

18. chadeaux Mar 13, 2021

Whoever is on the list with deposit (in full or partial) should stay put, IMO.
    In US the lists of interest, without deposits, are not guaranteeing a watch. At the moment those lists are just way to stay in line to get access to the official list.
    It’s true that associates are offering refunds, as the demand is so high that Omega can afford of loosing some deposits.
    I believe it would be crazy to be on the list of the 2000 clients that will have a snoopy guaranteed in a couple of years and dropping out now.

Pipes McGee and SSGMT like this.
  19. EricCsN Mar 13, 2021

i did that, even took my collection to the OB sales rep. it doesnt help.

20. rhr321 Mar 13, 2021

I actually think the demand for Snoopy is higher than 321. The Snoopy is attracting a larger audience because of what happened with Snoopy 45th values. The 321 appears to be more people who understand what they are buying and know the history.

raclaims, marcn and s2000_driver like this.