Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. mmaggi Feb 28, 2021

Yeah I guess the goal of Omega getting this watch to the true enthusiast and not flipper isn't working out as planned. Surprise, surprise. :)

2. sgrenald Feb 28, 2021

Depends...how many people are out there spending $35k for a Snoopy instead of waiting a year or two? I only saw one one eBay, and that went for a "Make an offer" price. So it could have been $30k, or it could have been $15k

3. mmaggi Mar 1, 2021

It's a done deal: If they're already trying to sell it (for whatever the price) the bottom line is that it's not in the hands of the enthusiast.

4. Hoddspur Mar 1, 2021

Mind you, what exactly constitutes an ‘Omega enthusiast?’ I didn’t exactly walk into the OB with my “I am an Omega enthusiast” t-shirt on. Bottom line: do they don’t really know, or care, about who they’re selling them to as long as they’re selling them?

5. rhr321 Mar 1, 2021

I think they care a little bit, but it’s impossible to make it perfectly fair. The “VIP” definition and “enthusiast” definition is fuzzy. It’s impossible to make this a perfect system or completely prevent re-sale, I think all they are doing is trying to sell the majority of the watches through their own boutiques to customers who have a purchase history vs. new clients that they don’t know.

Hoddspur and stevec14 like this.
  6. sgrenald Mar 1, 2021

Like I said...everything has its price. Well, almost everything. If I thought I could sell my Snoopy for $125,000 when there are apparently plenty of them available on Chrono24 for $35,000, why wouldn't I sell it for a completely-detatched-from-reality-insane price, and then buy another one for a mere crazy price, and pocket the difference? I mean, that guy's not going to get that kind of money, so a better question would be "why is he listing it for that much?"

7. chadeaux Mar 1, 2021

I heard that Omega HQ was supposed to communicate the list of customers that will receive the Snoopy in 2021, and that the Boutiques were supposed to convey this information. I haven't asked for an update of this yet.
    Anybody heard the same thing?
    Anybody got confirmed about receiving the piece in 2021?

8. secretagent Mar 1, 2021

Crickets

9. scapa Mar 1, 2021

I got a confirmation for Q4 2021 but who knows what it's worth.

10. sgrenald Mar 1, 2021

Based on that ebay screenshot, $125,000, apparently. :whistling:

11. nismo Mar 1, 2021

When did they tell you? I've heard nothing. I emailed OB last month and they said they would send me updates if they heard anything and nothing yet...

12. Omega-Q Mar 1, 2021

I got confirmation that I will receive mine this year. :). Good enough for me!

SSGMT and sgrenald like this.
  13. nismo Mar 1, 2021

Spoke with my OB here in the US. Their OB has delivered zero (out of 30 nationally since December) as they haven't had any clients have a high (6 figure) spending history. No list from HQ about who will get it in 2021 for his OB so probably those being notified are big spenders. They supposedly get updated weekly on deliveries and at that point will deliver (whenever that happens). Apparently Omega has already blacklisted the flippers and know the s/ns and sent those former customers letters. Nice. :)

14. s2000_driver Mar 1, 2021

Hmmm... most flippers mask serial numbers on their for sale listing pictures. The only way for Omega to find the serial numbers is for them to purchase the watches from the flippers. Can they do it? sure. Will they do it? unlikely. Not sure how else Omega can find the flippers...

15. nismo Mar 1, 2021

I don't think it would be too hard. If someone is spending $30k+ or whatever they sell for they better ask for some proof of the actual item. Seller could send photos of the warranty cards, receipt, s/n, etc. And from that I'm sure Omega (posing as a buyer) could find out who originally purchased it given how few are out there. Just my guess...

16. csf Mar 2, 2021

No, not a customer there so no deposit . . . . was just in that mall with my wife for the afternoon and stopped in the OB. Sorry.

17. csf Mar 2, 2021

I actually am not a customer there . . . . my daughter lives in Manhattan and so that's the OB I work with. I was just in that mall for the afternoon with my wife so I stopped in the OB.

While the response regarding the Snoopy was surprising that was nothing compared to 30 people waiting in line to get into the Louis Vuitton store . . . . about a 45 minute wait. I know this because my wife was one of them.

18. Toishome Mar 2, 2021

It looks like only 2 been delivered to Canada. Both to OB in Vancouver. I was also told AD's will get between 1 to 2 pieces each year. Looks like a long agonizing wait ::facepalm2::

19. jonney999 Mar 2, 2021

Omega: 'We absolutely do not want people to flip this watch'
    Also Omega 'Let's create the most perfect environment to encourage flippers'

mmaggi and nismo like this.
  20. scapa Mar 2, 2021

That is insane, if true.

JLC MCC here I come (after a slightly longer agonizing wait, of course).