Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. Evitzee Feb 2, 2021

I think this is one watch that looks better on the stock blue stap (should have been a deployant, though). Too much distraction with the steel bracelet, imo.

2. nicolamilton Feb 2, 2021

I've emailed my OB with the question, but I would appreciate if anyone can confirm whether the Apollo XI 50th bracelet fits the Snoopy or not,

3. stevec14 Feb 2, 2021

Congratulations. Wear in good health. Good to see the VIP and vetting myths not working out. One of the recipients in Australia was just like you by all accounts.

many congrats

E-wotch and nicolamilton like this.
  4. YHY Feb 2, 2021

the silver dial has a very nice shine to it. i like the wearability of the new case as it's shorter lug to lug compared to the ed white

PXL_20210112_042842656.jpg
  5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 2, 2021

Looks like everyone that has got one is regular folk :whistling:

The vip stuff from Rolex circles is a crack up.

MTROIS and cvalue13 like this.
  6. cvalue13 Feb 2, 2021

I’m with you; maybe a flat link will turn out different, but I suspect that stainless steel and this specific color blue have a tenuous relationship

7. pdxleaf ... Feb 2, 2021

Well, it's official. Got my deposit back today. I was lucky number 13 on my local list. They told me the list was up to six years. (Not sure why they were still taking names.)

Looks like Omega will be making these a long time. Maybe one day I will walk into a shop and get one. Just so many other diversions. That's the risk of looking at nice vintage pieces. Makes one fickle, I confess.

Hope everyone who wants one gets one, which I trust they will should they have more patience than I did. In the meantime, if you were told today you moved up one place, you're welcome. ;)

jonney999 and stevec14 like this.
  8. rhr321 Feb 2, 2021

What is the definition of a VIP? What is the definition of normal folk?

My definition of a VIP is a loyal enthusiast who has bought watches and kept them , because they love and wear them. A Speedmaster collector. The exact $ of purchase isn’t important, just someone who has established genuine relationship with boutique staff because they love Omega and Speedmaster, somebody who wears their watches with pride. Somebody who will not flip,

My definition of normal folk is somebody who heard about the watch, liked it, and walked in off the street with no purchase history and no history with the brand and expected to just be able to buy it immediately.... or to get it above somebody in the category above.

I don’t think any enthusiast wants these watches in the hands of people who play games or use financial leverage to buy multiple other pieces to get more snoopy’s for the purpose of investing of flipping.

However, I see no problem in prioritizing group 1 above group 2.

I firmly believe we are still a long way away from understanding where the market will be for this watch. It is way too early. Saying this is available to everyone is as misinformed as saying it is super VIP.

Everyone requesting the watch should do so because they love it and want to wear it.

MTROIS, RMA, petay993 and 1 other person like this.
  9. nicolamilton Feb 3, 2021

I think it's easier. As I said I have 0 history with OB.
    I just realized reading this and other forums that only OB would be receiving them, and I was ready to make a deposit on the 5th of October.
    I had also spoken with my habitual AD, but phoned Madrid OB when I realized AD where not getting almost no pieces.
    There was plenty information here and in the Rolex Forum, for instance.

But I must say sadly many people won't be interested in wearing the watch, but keeping it in a safe box. I know at least 2 people doing that in Spain from the very few delivered (maybe 5-6 already), and 1 has been flipped.

Edited Feb 3, 2021
    stevec14 likes this.
  10. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 3, 2021

Never been asked about previous purchases. Don’t know of anyone that has been asked to prove they still own a watch (besides a Rolex of course)

As mentioned they would track flippers by seeing if they buy several LEs at different stores but they know nothing of what happens if you buy one watch and walk out the door and sell it in the car park.

If they had of made 25k of them and had them in store on day of release would have made many happy. And then said it was not a LE would have curbed the flippers

11. chadeaux Feb 3, 2021

"regular folks"... it seems to be a mixed bag of clients to me.
    One of the regular customers that I know wearing a Snoopy 50 now purchased 4 timepieces with them in the past 2 years.
    Including the A11 gold and the World timer.
    It's not the customer that got a speedy 10 years ago that is getting the highest priority.
    Of course having history is good...

12. neoguendia Feb 3, 2021

Any one in NYC received their watch yet?

13. cvalue13 Feb 3, 2021

I take @STANDY 's point that, contrary to some reports suggesting these are only being given to VIPs at this point, there are folks receiving Snoopy that appear to have little or no history with any new watch purchases, and to that extent couldn't be considered 'VIP.'

On the other hand, I’m curious to hear from those with longer history (than myself) of buying modern Omegas: before the SS cal.321 and Snoopy, were there models released with as much emphasis on full or partial deposits, 12 month+ waits, etc.?

14. nicolamilton Feb 3, 2021

I was trying over canvas strap an Uncle Seiko flat link, to see how it would look.
    This is the result. Must say I am not sure whether I like it or not:

IMG_20210203_161109643.jpg IMG_20210203_161010636.jpg
  15. cvalue13 Feb 3, 2021

I'm starting to feel that this particular shade of blue "clashes" with stainless at a certain proportion.

Seeming more likely to me that the designers at Omega choose the strap quite intentionally, such that proportion is mostly blue with only hints of stainless; putting it on a bracelet works to reverse that proportion 180* and - to my eye - not to the best effect.

EDIT: I should say, eager to be shown something to the contrary; e.g., perhaps a fully brushed bracelet changes things; I also wouldn't mind seeing it on a Forstner JB komfit :)

Edited Feb 3, 2021
    nicolamilton likes this.
  16. nicolamilton Feb 3, 2021

Agreed.
    On FOIS looks stunning, on the other hand.
    Anyway, when I receive Forstner end links, I will give it a try.

scapa and cvalue13 like this.
  17. stevec14 Feb 3, 2021

Maybe it’s too similar to the lighter dial? Gotta say, I think the strap they have chosen matches the watch perfectly.

18. stevec14 Feb 3, 2021

Nice - is the L2L very noticeably different? I’ve always found the straight lugged ones to wear wide but is the Ed white wider still. I find the Apollo 11 very wearable in comparison.

19. scapa Feb 3, 2021

Agree. Something seems off. I really like that bracelet on my FOIS, but in your pix the bracelet looks almost like a.... reptilian head and tail emerging from the watch head. Sorry for the oddball imagery. Maybe it's just the pix.

20. nicolamilton Feb 3, 2021

Sunlight pics

IMG_20210203_170251730_HDR.jpg IMG_20210203_170236405_HDR.jpg IMG_20210203_170215945.jpg IMG_20210203_165222109_HDR.jpg IMG_20210203_165220010_HDR.jpg IMG_20210203_165209841.jpg