Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. scapa Jan 3, 2021

Thanks. That's encouraging.

I have no special inside info but those of us on the opening list with my AD (10 people) were told that they still expect our orders to be fulfilled within the original terms (6 months). My main concern at this point is the prospect of multiple price hikes between now and then -- even a 6% bump is a significant premium on a CAD 13,100 watch. Would be nice if the AD honoured the original price, but don't expect it given demand.

I'll be disappointed if they Rolex this watch via a VIP system, etc. in some markets, but I can see why they'd want to. Depends on whether the goodwill generated by Omega's general availability and un-Rolexness over the past few years is worth more than the drive upmarket.

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 3, 2021

So remembering this post, I just checked. Omega Work Instruction 31 outlines what movements are able to be serviced at local service centers, and what movements must be sent back to Bienne (Bienne only).

This document was last updated Dec. 2, 2020, so it's quite recent. It lists the 3861 as a locally serviced movement - it doesn't have to be sent back to Bienne. Now it's certainly possible that whatever country you are in, the watchmakers are not able to service these for lack of training, etc., but there is no blanket policy that states these have to go back to Bienne.

Pun, speedypants and scapa like this.
  3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 3, 2021

Not true for the 3861, however the 321B is Bienne only,. just like the vintage 321's...

MartinAir, cvalue13 and 3nicewatches like this.
  4. stevec14 Jan 3, 2021

That makes sense - my 3861 was serviced by omega’s service centre in Southampton U.K. when the movement went wrong....but I guess it depends if watchmakers in each particular country can do so to your other point.

5. MTROIS Jan 3, 2021

Welcome on the Omega forums and thank you for your contribution already.

There are many feelings about Omega, Rolex and the ever popular (or dreaded, depending on how you see it) Omega v. Rolex.

But to say that Omega is playing “Rolex tactics” is really a stretch in my opinion. Even for the cal. 321 I do not feel this way... but I am happy to read others’ thoughts. :thumbsup:

cvalue13 likes this.
  6. texasmade Jan 3, 2021

With the 321, if you put down a deposit you know you're going to get one. With Rolex you may or may not get a Daytona no matter what you spend. Same situation with Patek and the Nautilus/Aquanaut. I've heard AP does their allocation the most fair way if you go through their company owned boutiques.

7. secretagent Jan 3, 2021

This is years ago, but I had a Rolex dealer offer to sell me a stainless Daytona if I bought an all gold at the same time........I just wish there was some communication from my OB.

8. kelsey Jan 3, 2021

I think the Moonshine Apollo 11 is a different kettle of fish though.

9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 3, 2021

It’s based on the movement, not the case materials...no different for the moonshine version.

stevec14 likes this.
  10. Snoopyfanguy Jan 4, 2021

Nice review of all three Snoopy watches

11. orlis Jan 4, 2021

And a first private listing on chrono24 from Australia: 8E592D25-E9E3-473A-886C-C191EA5B98DA.png

cvalue13 likes this.
  12. Capt Cave Man Jan 4, 2021

Really... I mean Really?
    Silver Snoopy.PNG

13. AK1 Jan 4, 2021

Poland. Germany. Monaco. Italy and now Australia
    It will settle at mrp in a year or 18 months. I have been told that enough are going to come. Swatch group higher up says no one will be empty handed. They just don't wanna flood the market so soon. They are enjoying the pepsi/Daytona like hype.

However, they are not rolex and they don't want to be . They want consumer satisfaction over reseller satisfaction (rolex)

Let's hope that happens

14. sgrossma Jan 4, 2021

So much conflicting information! On the one hand we hear that there are 1000+ paid deposits in the US (which probably amounts to 20k globally) with up to a 2 year wait just to clear out the deposit list. And then multi-thousand more people on the waiting list for the deposit list - yet somehow there is enough for everyone and they are going to be readily available?... :)

15. Caliber561 Jan 4, 2021

Omega tend to be a little slow with their release distribution. It's not anything new, but I believe that they are trying their best to get the watches out there.

16. sgrossma Jan 4, 2021

I'm not complaining nor do I disagree. But we have second hand information that OBs are telling customers up to 2 years just for the paid list. And then as many, if not more people on a the wait list after that. But then we have executives saying not to worry. All I am saying is that something doesn't add up. Which is probably why we haven't heard any official information.

17. johnny5 Jan 4, 2021

yes, my experience is similar. I’ve been waiting for 3 years to get a Daytona, 2 years for a Pepsi, and I have good history with Rolex. Omega rewarded my history with 321 but I’m still waiting on snoopy (full deposit paid.)

As a new client to AP I registered official interest with my boutique here in October/November. I was told that buying a code 11.59 would open the doors to some highly sought after pieces, but I have zero interest in the code. I told them I was really after the blue chrono 38, but that I didn’t want to buy a code to get it. Christmas Eve, less than 2 months later I got the call. Granted I was referred in by a VIP and have a good reputation with the other brands/boutiques but I’d say my experience with AP has been outstanding. And, having a blue chrono for the holidays eased my snoopy FOMO lol.

ECF40E5F-0AEB-41FE-955C-F277ED331520.jpeg

cvalue13, WatchWalker, Pun and 9 others like this.
  18. taz101 Jan 5, 2021

sgrossma likes this.
  19. SSGMT Jan 5, 2021

20. stevec14 Jan 5, 2021

I expect they will get one. The issue will be whether they want it by the time it gets to them

s2000_driver likes this.