Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. pdxleaf ... Jan 1, 2021

Good review, thanks. Still on the fence and waiting to see it live. Worried about the blue being too washed out or too light. Great to hear from folks who have one. Thanks again.

SurvivingJoe likes this.
  2. pdxleaf ... Jan 1, 2021

Never going to happen. Anyone buying one because they think it'll be the next Snoopy II should save their money.

3. phooi Jan 1, 2021

Where are you located if you don’t mind sharing?

4. speedydownunder Jan 1, 2021

congrats!

5. ducatista Jan 1, 2021

Wow.. I was told closer to Q3 2021

6. scapa Jan 2, 2021

Me too. But that was via an AD. Good to see that a few are making their way over.

7. wolfe44 Jan 2, 2021

How would they ever know which serial was flipped?

8. nicolamilton Jan 2, 2021

I Was wondering how difficult would be servicing this watch. I mean, opening and closing the case back could be a problem to the animated earth and Snoopy?

9. Evitzee Jan 2, 2021

No more complicated than a normal Speedmaster. Back is a NAIAD system but it can be removed without touching the Snoopy hand or the rotating Earth disc.

10. rhr321 Jan 2, 2021

Not related specifically to the snoopy case back, but I did hear 3861s need to go back to Switzerland for servicing. That might just be because it’s new and they haven’t trained all the watchmakers yet.

11. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 2, 2021

There’s nothing special about this movement, so I doubt that such a rule exists.

12. jonney999 Jan 2, 2021

Long time follower of this forum, thanks for all the info & conversations - congrats to all that have received the watch.

Got an update from my OB in NYC today so wanted to share here as the info others have shared has been so valuable to me.

I placed my order (with a 100% Deposit) with an OB on the day of the announcement (literally 10 mins after!), at the time the guidance was 'don't know when they'll be received, 2-3 months maybe' and that was fine, this was later updated to Q12021 which was also fine, expectations were managed.

First point - OB staff have been really good, nice knowledgable people just trying to build relationships - super responsive. I'm new in NYC and I don't have a purchase history with the boutique and have been very pleasantly surprised.

As I've seen a few pieces arrive on here, I wanted to check if Q1 was still realistic, so I reached out - they were able to confirm today that they'd received one watch so far, which went to a VIP with considerable purchase history. I don't actually have a problem with this, we're all in the relationship business.

However the bad news - and it is bad news - OB then confirmed that the wait could now be as long as two years.

Apparently, the demand has been exponential, there's an enormous waitlist just to get on the 'maxed out' deposit list (which I'm told I'm lucky to be on!) and OB also confirmed that Omega is looking at previous purchase history to assign these watches.

I don't mind watches going to 'VIP customers' first, business is business, but I do mind that Omega has taken 100% deposits off customers - knowing they won't fulfill the orders for over two years... that has to have been known & should have been communicated. Omega's 150+ years old, they chose when to announce, they know how watch manufacturing scales and they know how to release, run & close a deposit program. So why are Omega treating customers like a first timer on Kickstarter? Do they need the cashflow boost?

I was reminded I could take a 'full refund' at any time. (again I want to point out that the OB people have been really understanding and cool about this, they're frustrated they can't help too)

With this news, I went to go speak to some watch friends this afternoon and dropped into the good people at WoS on the way and the feeling there was that 'they're trying to be like Rolex with the Daytona' - they know it's a hot watch & they're managing supply to create some hype/exclusivity & elevate the brand.

Sorry if this comes as bad news to others in the same situation as me - but given the zero corporate comms on this watch I wanted to share.

I now have a choice to make regarding my deposit - honestly, I just wanted to enjoy the watch & I was excited to see it released, I am in no hurry to get my deposit back...(a two-year interest-free loan to omega does rattle a bit though) but a larger part of me is concerned that although Omega's actions will undoubtedly increase awareness/desirability... I will now (eventually) be receiving a 'super hard to find conversation piece' and I really don't want to attract the attention of a tonne of hypebeasts who like to 'flex'.

I'm a big believer in the idea that what you wear allows you to help others navigate who you are as a person. Originally this watch was a beautiful, well-engineered, fun watch with a story that really stirs the imagination from a respected brand that isn't flashy. My fear now is that these kinds of tactics will turn my daily-life with the watch into a constant 'oh sick bro you got a snoopy, they cost like X, what do you do?'.

Lame.

Apologies if my first ever post sounded disgruntled, but this just feels like a pretty cheap hype-tactic from an established luxury brand.

Big love to the community.

red crowned, Eve, Vaipec and 19 others like this.
  13. sgrossma Jan 2, 2021

Thanks for the update. That’s a bummer to hear that it could be that long.

14. rhr321 Jan 2, 2021

Thanks Archer. I respect your opinion based on all your contributions to the forum. I’m a long time reader, but only recently registered my account. I was just relaying what the boutique told me about my Moonshine Apollo 11, it has to go Switzerland if anything goes wrong, instead of the service center in my country.

15. rhr321 Jan 2, 2021

Jonney999, thanks for sharing your story. I hope the watch doesn’t become a flex. One of the things I like about the brand is that almost every piece can be bought without a wait. I think the new Seamaster 300m is better than a Submariner. I personally love the watch, love the blue and silver. I care about retaining value, but I don’t want it to go sky high in price or be flipped. I want to wear mine when I get it. Hope you get your watch.

Kim, ducatista and Pun like this.
  16. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Jan 2, 2021

If that’s true, it’s definitely not a selling point IMO

17. cvalue13 Jan 3, 2021

More than your watch choices, your social group selections protect against this.

If such comments are “constant” (at issue first and foremost), AND they make you so ashamed...

18. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 3, 2021

@jonney999

Have on good authority that anyone that was listed in the first round would have their watches within 12 months.
    So WoS is full of it if they are saying Omega is trying anything Daytona.
    Pure and simple they were a bit overwhelmed by initial response and have stopped taking orders that extend them over a year. If you were in within 10 minutes I can’t see it being 2 years.

VIP thing is such a suspect Rolex thing also. One of the Sydney receivers was a young fella that had never bought a watch.

And if you got told 2 years you will be happy in a few months when you receive your watch ;)

Fridge, MTROIS, SSGMT and 3 others like this.
  19. jonney999 Jan 3, 2021

@cvalue13

That's just not a reality in New York, people are friendly, inquisitive & you meet lots of new, interesting & diverse people every day. It's part of the reason I love the city - but it does mean that if you're wearing 'a hot watch' that it'll get commented on. Add that to the fact that I meet a lot of people professionally and it's something worth considering - but ultimately it's less the comments & more the perception.

@STANDY

Thanks for this, that's much appreciated - I'm certainly not going to get my deposit returned but just wanted to share what I heard - would be delighted to be wrong :)

cvalue13 likes this.
  20. pdxleaf ... Jan 3, 2021

Very cool. It's not as much fun if people only read and don't contribute so thanks for jumping in.:)

Even if true, this doesn't seem a surprise or unexpected. This was hot before it was announced that it was going to be announced. The forums, the lists, the stopping of lists, covid shutting factories, it all points to taking awhile.

Nope. People saying it doesn't make it so. Some people don't like Rolex. Really, it's true. Many people think the brand is not only already elevated but it exceeds Rolex. No tactics necessary.

Omega said it's unlimited because they want everyone who wants one to get one. Hold onto that. It's a big commitment they have made and they know it.

unfortunately since you are in NYC you probably don't drive to work. You could solve this problem by driving a VW or Volvo. Seriously though, this sounds like the same folks who think Omega wants to be like Rolex are raising these fears. I mean this respectfully, this sounds a liitle like drinking too much of the kool-aid. Snoopy3 is nice but there are a lot other nicer watches.

Always.