Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. pauly Dec 29, 2020

Spoken to my OB today and he says that all individuals on the existing list of deposit paid individuals will see their order met but for now there is no further supply appearing. Omega could of course in 6 months allow those on the reserve-list (waiting to go on the deposit list) to place deposits as their capacity post-vaccine improves - so they might be in luck but its obviously impossible to say ....Anyone got any guesstimates for how many people globally have paid a despot to their OB/AD?

2. Cabinetman Dec 29, 2020

I believe the manager of my OB said that they stopped taking deposits in the US after the total reached 1000. I’m not sure how many were allocated for the rest of the world. Maybe 3000 to 4000 in the first batch?

3. Topshelf Dec 29, 2020

This is correct , 1000 USA deposits in the first 2 years , omega will re-evaluate afterward .

4. texasmade Dec 29, 2020

If Omega really wanted to make a crap ton of money there isn’t much to reevaluate. Make more Snoopy 50’s. I really think they should make close to the same amount as the Apollo 11 50th.

5. Evitzee Dec 29, 2020

They will most likely make a LOT more than the 6,969 pcs of the Apollo 11 50th, a lot more.

6. texasmade Dec 29, 2020

I hope so. I hate to see these going for $30,000 USD on the GM.

7. sgrossma Dec 29, 2020

1000 in the US is A LOT. Like A LOT.

The US makes up only a very small fraction of global Omega sales.

If my memory serves me right, only 50 Apollo gold 50th anniversary watches out of 1014 were allocated to the US market.

Proportionately, that would be ~20,000 units globally.

8. sgrossma Dec 29, 2020

Also if that number is true I absolutely, positively do not see them allocating any more beyond what has already been.

9. EricCsN Dec 29, 2020

i hope too that there are plentiful of them; no one should miss out buying from omega. obviously this is simplistic, as to a certain extent, to increase brand value, you need to create aura of desirability around the brand and to create desirability you need to create scarcity

10. AK1 Dec 29, 2020

I feel they will be produced till the 60th Anniversary. Everyone who desires one will get one and the flippers will burn their hands.

Once covid settles there is goin to be a rainfall of snoopies. Now anyone who wants the apollo 8 can get it (again limited production) even at a discount.

11. EricCsN Dec 29, 2020

let it rain, the current drip and drought is unbearable

12. Pazzo Dec 29, 2020

Rolex comes to mind.

13. rhr321 Dec 29, 2020

https://www.revolution.watch/in-conversation-with-raynald-aeschlimann-ceo-omega-watches/

Two quotes from Raynald in the Revolution article. The first quotes says they will make enough for everyone who wants one. The second quote says they want it to be on the hands of genuine fans and collectors, not flippers, and will prioritize established clients of their 160 boutiques. Seems a little bit contradictory. Time will tell.

My opinion, and only opinion, is that they are going to make way more than Snoopy 45 , but they will still keep it below demand. I do get a feeling they want to use exclusivity to elevate the brand.

“Every year we will make the number of watches that we are capable of. I’m sure that there will be a surplus of demand, but we will make more each year, and eventually, the people who dream to own the watch can make this a reality.”

“We really want this watch to be on the wrists of the right people. Our biggest asset in accomplishing this, is our network of 160 boutiques in the world where real clients have developed a relationship with the staff there and we know these are genuine people”

14. texasmade Dec 29, 2020

I will say that the last quote is pretty true at the OB I go to. The staff are pretty friendly and remember me every time I go although I don’t buy much from them.

15. rhr321 Dec 30, 2020

I agree, very personalized & genuine service.

16. Cabinetman Dec 30, 2020

I agree. The manager of the Dallas OB emails or calls me when something comes in or gets released that she thinks I would like. I have bought a grand total of one watch from this OB and it was an ST2 that I technically ordered directly from Omega. In contrast, I have bought three Rolex watches from a local AD and they won't even add my name to the waiting list for a Daytona.

17. sgtiger Dec 30, 2020

I love the service at OB. My OB manager is polite, honest, and really follows up and cares about making sure he can help in any way possible (to get me into an Omega watch). That being said, it is often hard for me to reconcile that service with paying a $1-3k premium on certain watches (i.e. why spend $9.7k at my OB when my AD will sell me the same watch for $8k). I understand why OB's can't and don't offer consideration -- but it does raise the question on how much that extra level of service is worth. Watches like Snoopy 3 don't come around that often, so there aren't that many occasions where I am locked into working with an OB.

18. scapa Dec 30, 2020

I agree.

On the plus side, can’t see any AD discounting on the Snoopy (mine sure isn’t) so as you note here’s one OB transaction that’s relatively painless.

19. FBCello Dec 31, 2020

I think there is already a 1000+ people of the waiting list in the UK.
    Some OBs don’t put anyone of a list anymore, same is true in France AFAIK.
    The first batch arrived in the UK on Friday 11th Dec (mine was in it).
    The demand in the UK is huge

WatchNurse likes this.
  20. YHY Jan 1, 2021

just got mine few days ago, the dial has a wonderful depth to it and is way more contrasty than the black panda of tokyo 2020, probably due to the colored markers

PXL_20210101_020721244.jpg