Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. ToyotaMoe Dec 21, 2020

ummmm..... I think they already have problems. They said the watches originally were going to be shipped to stores by the end of October. Also don’t give me this Covid crap either. Omega knew the state of the planet when this watch was released. 2 months behind and just hearing stories of people getting their watches in some parts of the world.
    Has anyone on here got it yet?

sgrossma likes this.
  2. texasmade Dec 21, 2020

There have been a few deliveries posted here. Might have a similar deliveries with the SS321 where barely anyone got anything for like 4 months and then in November/December it felt like a flood of deliveries.

3. scapa Dec 21, 2020

Ouch. I'm around #8 or 9 at my AD, and they're not hopeful. Given Omega's recent history, there are likely to be anywhere from 1-3 price hikes during that timeframe, and if those are levied on the Snoopy, even for those with substantial deposits, I'm open to reconsidering. The idea of spending another 6-15% more for a watch that took a year to deliver following order + deposit doesn't thrill me.

nahckered and Pun like this.
  4. Fudini Dec 22, 2020

Has anyone heard from an AD that this is becoming an OB piece only? Someone on the Rolex Forums claims an AD in Paris has had to refund all deposits for this reason. Also, the WOSG in the UK are no longer letting you even register your interest.

5. stevec14 Dec 22, 2020

Well, according to the poster the AD took 10 deposits which seems high for an AD to do. I suspect the AD has realised they can’t satisfy the demand with what they’ll get and has refunded deposits to avoid holding money for a few years - blaming omega would be an easy excuse. He did say that his AD would still be getting a watch however.

my AD said nothing to me 3 days ago when I was in (and we discussed the snoopy)

there’s so much bullshit floating around from pumpers and dumpers on the forums at the moment who knows what’s true.

I guess we’ll know for sure when the supply becomes a little less restricted and more show up to see if this really is the case....

Edited Dec 22, 2020
  6. Omega-Q Dec 22, 2020

...only time will tell. Just speculation, but my OB (here in the U.S.) informed me that those with deposits at OBs will be guaranteed a piece. She did not speculate on ADs, but the plot continues to thicken. However, it is exciting to see pieces actually arriving to customers though!

7. Dogmann Dec 22, 2020

@Fudini
    I don't know if you realise or know this but many of the WSOG stores actually have an Omega Boutique in them so are not acting purely as an AD for Omega but are running a Omega Boutique. Also at least in the UK you can still go to the Omega website and subscribe to their waiting list for this piece.

Marc

8. Grahf Dec 22, 2020

I received mine live in California. Should have gotten it Saturday but bad weather.

SSGMT, Omega-Q and burnrbr like this.
  9. Fudini Dec 22, 2020

Hi Marc,

Yes I am aware. I’m currently on the list at a Goldsmiths who isn’t a boutique but where I have purchase history. I will speak to my sales exec and see if there is any truth in this and if so I will need to register with a Goldsmiths boutique instead which will put me straight to the back! I would have registered earlier but I know WOSG have a policy where you can’t register for the same model at multiple boutiques. My local boutique only last week did say whoever is on the list will eventually get one so I’ll be surprised if Omega are backtracking on that. I struggle to believe they didn’t anticipate this type of demand.

10. phooi Dec 22, 2020

which boutique in CA?

11. Martin_J_N Dec 22, 2020

My OB took 10 deposits as that was the number of watches that they had been allocated for the first batch of watches, the manager at the boutique said that deposits for the second batch would be arranged once the store knew how many they were getting, this process would be continued for each batch they receive. As far as they know there will be watches for everyone who wants one, so although I pulled my deposit and came off the list there will be a watch for me at some point if I change my mind and decide that I do want a Snoopy, (I don't).

wolfe44 and stevec14 like this.
  12. Fudini Dec 22, 2020

Thanks for that update. Are you based in the UK?

13. Martin_J_N Dec 22, 2020

Yes, stuck in tier 4 at present :(

14. Fudini Dec 22, 2020

I feel your pain!

Martin_J_N likes this.
  15. scapa Dec 22, 2020

I also feel your pain. What an utter Horlicks. Let's hope the Snoopy rollout runs a little smoother.

Martin_J_N likes this.
  16. secretagent Dec 23, 2020

At least earlier, watch was on chrono............still silence for me

17. Fudini Dec 23, 2020

18. texasmade Dec 23, 2020

19. rhr321 Dec 23, 2020

Yeah, that's disappointing. Let's hope it doesn't sell at that price. I'm buying to keep for life, I've never sold a watch. Congratulations to everyone who got theirs already.

20. notchrishansen Dec 23, 2020

I'm curious as well... I don't want to 'out' my CA OB, but I called this Monday and they claim to have heard nothing from their HQ. Feels a little suspect.