Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. Capt Cave Man Nov 29, 2020

Yes there's a lot of hype because of the 45th but also in part due to the current wait list and this being perceived as unobtainium :eek:

Once these start being delivered (sounds soon enough)... and in numbers, they will naturally find a price point ::yawn:: I believe this mid-term will be below MSRP or RRP etc. some will be suffering buyers remorse :( As I always hear loud and clear, don't speculate as generally you'll find it's a negative, buy what you like :thumbsup:

Some are going to enjoy this piece and others don't, that's part of what makes watches so enjoyable, varied and yet so personal.

Oh... I still want :D

2. sgrossma Nov 29, 2020

Never underestimate the power of the Snoopy!

The original was not much more than a standard black Speedmaster with a blue printed snoopy and it has been trading at $12k+ complete for the last few years.

Even with an edition side of ~5500 pieces, you rarely see them come up for sale - which is astonishing.

Even if they ultimately make 7000-10000 of these, I think they will remain very coveted by most and demand will easily stay well above supply. Especially when the Rolex problem gets worse by the day.

scapa, Aludic and Pun like this.
  3. wolfe44 Nov 30, 2020

And I still get advertisements from omega regularly trying to get me interested in this watch so let's not pretend they're going to run out

4. sgrossma Nov 30, 2020

With all do respect, this means absolutely nothing.

Rolex regularly advertises the 116500 Daytona in white, and you have about as equal chance of winning the lottery as getting one of these.

Pun, scapa, taz101 and 2 others like this.
  5. Martin_J_N Nov 30, 2020

Ooh, I won the lottery at the weekend, £5.00, going to see my AD when the shops reopen on Wednesday, wonder if I can get a Daytona whilst I'm there!!

:rolleyes:

6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Nov 30, 2020

Omega will make as many as they can sell in the next 3 years. A 3861 is going to be a common movement soon rumour has it and if they can flush out a few thousand more dollars by putting it in a Snoopy they will.
    The people that think this will still be a limited production and keep it below 20k units are dreaming.
    People are still asking for the 50th in boutiques and Omega won’t leave anything on the table with this one. ( Mark my words they will fill as many lists as they get for the next 3 years )

wolfe44, Pun, rafabond and 1 other person like this.
  7. sgrossma Nov 30, 2020

But I don't think that most people are buying the Snoopy simply b/c is has a 3861 so not entirely sure how that is entirely relevant to production numbers.
    Again, I respectfully disagree. I don't think it would be marketed as limited production if they were going to make as many as they could.
    Omega has no trouble selling a lot of watches and I don't think their strategy has ever been to take every single penny off the table, nor do I think it will be.
    Limited Edition watches have been selling out quickly for half a decade now.
    But I guess we will see in 3 years time...

Edited Nov 30, 2020
    Feifei0416 and taz101 like this.
  8. Evitzee Nov 30, 2020

Omega does not market this watch as limited production, in fact they say it is a non-limitef production. They will flog as many as the market can absorb.

Pun and STANDY like this.
  9. taz101 Nov 30, 2020

The Daytona isn't limited either!

10. nismo Nov 30, 2020

Well if Omega is reading this, I can promise them I will never spend $10k+ on a watch they make 20k units + of again. That is a complete joke in that case. 10k units is reasonable. Once it goes above that you gotta ask what is the reason to spend that much on something so common. Repeat business will go down for sure if they do pump out as many as they can. They'd make more having repeat business over the years than a one and done customer.

hb8745 likes this.
  11. scapa Nov 30, 2020

Maybe, but I don't see why they would. For the first time in years they have a watch built for the unlimited production/ limited supply model, guaranteeing high levels of interest, even over the medium term. Why would they not use this opportunity to gild the brand by maximizing this interest and customer commitment whilst directing interest downline towards a refreshed Speedmaster and/or Seamaster?

I feel like Omegas has been waiting for a Daytona opportunity for a while now. The Snoopy seems to be it. Why risk market saturation when they can keep the hype going and ratchet up overall impact for the brand as a whole?

12. petay993 Nov 30, 2020

I wouldn't sweat it.

No way they are making 20k of these with that case back.

This will drip out and command a substantial premium for the forseeable.

13. Duckie Nov 30, 2020

To be clear, Omega has only ever marketed the watch as a "limited production" piece.
    Let's not confuse it with limited edition which implies it's actually numbered.

14. sgrossma Nov 30, 2020

Simply this. The debate can go on forever, but Omega is not stupid...

"You can shear a sheep many times, but you can only skin him once"

They could milk it and go crazy with production numbers. But why hurt long term brand value at the expense of short term profit? Makes no sense.

Shreya and nismo like this.
  15. petay993 Nov 30, 2020

They won't.

Supply will be tight and will remain tight.

That's how you build desirability.

Shreya likes this.
  16. Duckie Nov 30, 2020

I tend to agree:thumbsup:
    All variants of the Snoopy are gaining recognition in the wider market. Especially with the momentum being pushed by social media.
    Almost everyday there's a new article about the 50th Snoopy. It's well and truly on the map as a legitimate collector piece.
    People will be seeking it out for all manner of reasons whether it be for short to long term monetary gain, or because of their delight/appreciation of all aspects surrounding the novelty factor.

17. Duckie Nov 30, 2020

At the very least they could hurt the Snoopy factor if they go crazy.
    Besides, Omega are true masters of the limited watch by now so they know a thing or two about how to take full advantage of the genre.

18. petay993 Nov 30, 2020

Right now I would just be happy to see one being delivered!

19. Evitzee Nov 30, 2020

I don't understand where you get the idea that Omega has only marketed this watch as a "limited production" piece, they have never said that. In fact, on their website today it is stated clearly as a "non-limited watch". They didn't put in those words for no reason. Omega is clearly stating that they are not limiting itself to any number of total pieces, they will make as many as their marketing strategy calls for. Those that think Omega will drip these out to keep the frenzy going are deluding themselves.

wolfe44, rafabond and Pun like this.
  20. taz101 Nov 30, 2020

The head of product dev confirmed its made in limited numbers links been posted before from youtube the non limited thing is just referring to non le

scapa likes this.