Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. texasmade Nov 27, 2020

Yes. It did initially but now I think the list is closed.

2. jpizzzle Nov 28, 2020

My OB said that word got out that production will be limited to 5000 units and that they oversold in the US. Anyone heard this as well?

3. Martin_J_N Nov 28, 2020

When I pulled my deposit the guys at the OB were confident that whilst I would no longer get a watch from the initial allocations, if I changed my mind during 2021 I would still be able to get the watch as it wasn't going to be limited.

Now if Omega have changed that decision I am surprised that this fact hasn't been announced as the
    press release from Omega stated that the watch wasn't limited.

Let's see how this pans out in 2021.

4. jpizzzle Nov 28, 2020

I doubt omega will release any production plans or numbers publicly. As to whether you can pickup again in 2021 without a reservation, I would think not since apparently lists have closed and apparently gotten out of hand. I’m guessing even if they don’t stop production that those not on a list wouldn’t be able to get one until 2022, but again this is just a guess.

Martin_J_N likes this.
  5. Martin_J_N Nov 28, 2020

Sorry, I should have been clearer, if I change my mind next year the OB expects to be able to get me a watch, when is a different matter.

jpizzzle likes this.
  6. sgrossma Nov 28, 2020

I don’t think these are ever going to be easy to get unless you had a preorder or are a heavy hitter.
    Wishful thinking on Omega’s part and perhaps they didn’t anticipate the demand. I know for sure that the OBs certainly didn’t because my contact has been buried in Snoopy related business.
    I’ll also add that I had my deposit down almost 3 full weeks before the release announcement and he won’t even take the remainder from me because he said there is no actual expected delivery in sight.
    So imagine trying to first buy one next year...
    I won’t be shocked if it takes 2-3 years just to meet initial orders! And how long production runs after that, nobody knows...
    This is just my guess, of course. I have no other official or inside info and could be completely wrong.

7. Capt Cave Man Nov 28, 2020

I kind of agree although we have no idea how many initial orders there are on the wait list or, how many will actually be sold with some who may change their minds. I suspect Omega have been looking at the stats for the A11 50th sales but also trying to factor in demand of the previous Silver Snoopy as well as listening to feedback on LEs...

The A11 50th with 6,969 pieces has taken over to year to sell (out). As the price has been updated to £8,250 (UK website at least) there could well be the odd pieces still available.

My take is initial demand (guessing 5k pieces) has been surpassed so wait lists have been halted. Those already on a wait list will most probably get one but beyond that, if it's taking 6 months for the initial deliveries to a year to fulfill, I can see another batch for 2022/23 but beyond that the 50th anniversary boat must have sailed.

Personally I feel the Silver Snoopy should have had the 50th Anniversary text on the rear like the A11 50th to make it easier to continue production for longer.

8. sgrossma Nov 28, 2020

Right - assuming these facts are ballpark accurate, also keep in mind the speed at which the proposed 5,000 orders took to be fully allocated.

And how many more people have decided they have wanted one since the lists closed.

I think any beyond the initial batch will just be significantly harder to get and will be heavily policed by your AD relationship.

Okay, that’s enough of my speculating on this thread... and don’t want to get casted as a speculator.... moving on :)

phooi likes this.
  9. Barstoolman Nov 28, 2020

All of this craziness and frenzy is fueled by the massive uptick in the price of the 2015 Silver Snoopy Apollo 13 45th Anniversary release. This watch will never attain those high values simply because of the production numbers and aesthetic appeal. We can all be fairly confident that the 50th anniversary will have production of over 5000 units and most of us can agree that it’s not nearly as good looking as the previous model.

For those hoping to cash in on the FOMO factor, other than the folks that get the first ones, you better really like the watch because you’re gonna have to wear it in order to get money’s worth.

Cheers!!

Edited Nov 28, 2020
  10. scapa Nov 28, 2020

I agree -- but mostly because I'd prefer that for aesthetic reasons.

I have mixed feelings on this whole shitaree. On a list, with modest deposit, based on my initial reaction to the piece and some of the boxes it ticked for me as a longtime fan of the white-dialled 1861 variants.

But it's true that as time goes by, and other watches catch the eye, I find myself looking at my FOIS and asking myself whether I recall want or need a Speedy with applied indices (nice, but not a deal-breaker for a chrono) a ceramic bezel (I don't) and magic-hand complication (love it, but don't need it), and it comes down to the more accurate movement with hacking and antimagnetic features (important, but I have several other watches that can do that job, including Omegas).

My feeling now is that I'll give it a few more months, get a clearer sense of the Snoopy in the wild, and then maybe look elsewhere. I'm not a speculator and I hate the hassle of selling watches, and there's a few other pieces I suspect I'd enjoy as much or more. But it's hard to make a call in the absence of seeing it in the metal, and there's no chance of that atm.

But in the end, it's a watch -- plenty of others, and it ain't like we're not in the middle of a global pandemic and incipient recession.

11. nismo Nov 28, 2020

They told me early 2021 delivery at the earliest when I placed an order just before launch. I put $5k deposit with my US OB months ago now and already basically forgot about it and don't even plan on asking them until maybe a few months into 2021.

12. Capt Cave Man Nov 28, 2020

Totally agree.

I was originally aiming towards a 145.022-69 SW and then a 1861 50 years later... I then stumbled upon an A11 50th still available in my AD so jumped. For me owning both an A11 and Silver Snoopy 50th side by side, possibly with the same bracelet gives me goosebumps - couldn't give a damn about resale values. A possible future 3861 standard moonwatch would complete a fabulous trio for me and yes, there are so many other pieces to enjoy.

Yes, and in the grand scheme of things...

13. Martin_J_N Nov 28, 2020

Wish I'd stumbled on the A11 50th :(

Capt Cave Man likes this.
  14. Capt Cave Man Nov 28, 2020

In January I phoned my AD to enquire about the standard speedie as rumors of a price hike and its demise were circulating back then. As I explained my 'plan for vintage vs. modern they just said what about an A11 50th?

At first I thought not at that price then after a few days mulling it over and working out the finances I asked if they could hold it for me to view, the rest is err, history...

Have you tried contacting Omega @Martin_J_N? The fact they have updated the price on the UK website... there must be one or two out there at the new RRP?

Martin_J_N likes this.
  15. scapa Nov 28, 2020

Yeah, me too. Feel like I stumbled past it, but not on it.

None of the UK dealers had any when we were last home -- and we've been away from home ever since.

Martin_J_N likes this.
  16. Martin_J_N Nov 28, 2020

Good idea, I'll give that a go, thanks.

17. stevec14 Nov 28, 2020

I’m sure there will be one or two about - I heard of one being delivered in August so it’s not beyond the realms of possibility for them to be out there. Personally, I think it looks more of an £8k watch than the snoopy (esp given the bracelet) but that’s subjective of course (and in my case biased :))

they’d certainly make a nice pair to have however....

Martin_J_N, YY77 and Capt Cave Man like this.
  18. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Nov 29, 2020

Rumour has it Omega is close to dispersing a batch soon (From the mothership) so still maybe a week or two out from wrists after that......;)

Also demand has far outweighed predictions :whistling: (hence the chill on lists for a bit)

Edited Nov 29, 2020
  19. Evitzee Nov 29, 2020

Many buyers are still dreaming of a Silver Snoopy price bonanza, until sufficient numbers get onto the market the frenzy will continue.

Edited Nov 29, 2020
    Martin_J_N likes this.
  20. Martin_J_N Nov 29, 2020

+1 on this, unfortunately some speculators will make a few quid/dollars/euro if they are lucky enough to get one of the first watches that arrive in the stores and find a buyer quickly. But the long term big increases enjoyed by 45th, not a hope once Omega gets a good supply of watches out there. JMHO