Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. fasttimes Nov 10, 2020

Newatch321 likes this.
  2. OmegaS Nov 10, 2020

3. wolfe44 Nov 11, 2020

How can somebody get so offended by a random message on a watch forum? Wound a little tight?? Wow

speedypants likes this.
  4. Pazzo Nov 11, 2020

Let me try to get this right, ..
    So, you have to realize the differences between the 321 and a normal speedy.
    You know about the history, the legacy and the brand.
    The price tag could be an issue.
    You need a collection of Speedmasters to appreciate the 321.
    And, if you are not a die-hard speedy fan, you won't collect a few Speedmasters.

You're making it even more difficult for those who are interested in a 321. :)

wlchuccc likes this.
  5. wlchuccc Nov 11, 2020

Then I will have a chance to get the second one ::psy:::)

6. Pazzo Nov 11, 2020

One on each wrist, I assume. ... :D

7. jlv1982 Nov 17, 2020

Gave up my deposit/place in line today, which I was told was near top of the list - the watch just wasn’t growing on me and instead of flipping it for a profit felt it best to (hopefully) have it go to someone that will give it a good home. Hope I’m not kicking myself!

Martin_J_N, Newatch321 and omegabruh like this.
  8. omegabruh Nov 17, 2020

Thinking of doing the same. Mostly because of frustration. There has been NO news since launch and no update on delivery timeline. Texted my SA 2 weeks ago, no response.

This feels too Rolex-y but atleast they don’t ask for a deposit. I really hate paying for something not knowing when you’ll get what you paid for. Feels like $5k being held hostage. Honestly, I’ve decided, if there is no news on delivery timeline by thanksgiving, I’m pulling the deposit.

Newatch321 and E-wotch like this.
  9. secretagent Nov 17, 2020

Basically 10k hostage in the USA

Newatch321 likes this.
  10. Soulcreek Nov 17, 2020

I hear the frustration but it is only Nov 18. I know a month or 2 in 2020 feels like 2 years but I’m sure they’ll start coming through in Q1. In Japan, no deposits can be taken and I’m on a list at 2 places, no idea where I am on either so I’m happy to wait and see if I get the message to collect my snoopy next year. But yeah, if I had $5k in it and didn’t love the watch I’d put it to better use.

11. Cabinetman Nov 17, 2020

I’m also considering pulling my pre-payment. I can’t use the word deposit since my US OB required I pay in full up front including sales tax. The watch is still interesting to me, but so are other watches that I can actually receive immediately after paying for them. I’m going to stick it out for a few more week and see if we start to get clarification on realistic delivery timeframes.

12. Evitzee Nov 17, 2020

But with interest in the US running at almost 0% it is basically just letting Omega hold on to your money, you can always get it back with a phone call.

I was never interested in this piece but since its release last month and the many pictures and videos released it just seems too cartoonish and unserious. For those that are enchanted by the concept, looks and the Snoopy attraction I'm sure you'll enjoy the piece. But I don't think this one is ever going to be 'off the hook' collectible like the last one.

rafabond and wolfe44 like this.
  13. Pun Nov 17, 2020

You may be right there, but I remember reading similar sentiments about 45th Snoopy and rest is history.

Duckie and neoguendia like this.
  14. calcheng Nov 17, 2020

From an information stand point, things are not much better here in Asia.

Went to the OB in Singapore over the weekend, was told that they "do not have any information on the shipment date etc."

15. miatang Nov 18, 2020

More chance for the rest of us :thumbsup:

calcheng likes this.
  16. Capt Cave Man Nov 18, 2020

Well I'm still interested in the Snoopy and expectations were set by my AD here in the UK to expect delivery towards the end of Q1 2021.

As I managed to pickup the A11 50th, for me at least, it seems obvious to also get the Silver Snoopy 50th and I'm really excited by the possibility to have both in my small but growing stable of pieces.

17. Bp1000 Nov 18, 2020

Does make you wonder what they’ve been doing all year. All trade shows closed down. This major release and no customer pieces shipped. You would have thought at least a few units made it out in month 1.

18. Capt Cave Man Nov 18, 2020

You would have to also take into account a couple of major things this year... COVID did shut HQ down for a period and as @Archer has previously pointed out, Omega have suffered some sort of cyber attack. To what affect these have had won't be known to us mortals but these alone with other updated models and various new releases, I don't think Omega have been idle.

I'm by no means defending, I agree that a large quantity should have be ready to be shipped upon launch date back on 5/10/2020 but it is what it is.

Edited Nov 18, 2020
  19. delo Nov 18, 2020

I’ve been considering the same. I’ve been watching for news on concrete deliveries but nothing. Could be a bit of frustration mounting. This will be my first speedmaster and I was really excited at the launch. But as the days pass my excitement is waning.

I’m told I am close to the top of the list for Canada too.

20. scapa Nov 18, 2020

I'm holding out until we hit Q1 2021, and will then make a call.

My deposit here in Canada wasn't too steep, and I'm fine letting it sit with the AD making nothing instead of in my account making roughly the same amount of nothing for a few months more.