Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. rafabond Oct 7, 2020

I've been following this thread from the beginning, Omega will never resemble Rolex in terms of quick investment of its models. Omega will produce this Snoopy until sales drop and the AD or OB display cases are down. At first there will be a premium on the gray market, due to the novelty, but it will decrease until, in my opinion, this will be well below the MSRP price. Omega is very fond of money and will squeeze this Snoopy to the limit. I understand that many people are in a hurry to have it and afraid to stay if the clock, calm ... there will be for everyone and many more.

Caliber561, ama98, rominvicta and 3 others like this.
  2. taz101 Oct 7, 2020

if you mean Robert Downey I know he has a hulk

3. taz101 Oct 7, 2020

the glow in the dark case back is only aval to people who deposited through OBs

s2000_driver likes this.
  4. Boony Oct 7, 2020

My OB said late October for first ones coming thru... with Omega deciding who gets first dibs

5. TokenMao Oct 7, 2020

What are you basing your opinion off of though? There are people coming out on both extremes of the range of possibilities, either saying "demand is out the roof, supply is gonna be super low, this watch is going to be super hard to get and way above MSRP," or "Omega is going to flood the market and tank the value of this watch" (which it seems like is what you're saying). Both are pretty extreme outcomes and my question is what gives you confidence that it'll be something that extreme rather than something more reasonable in the middle?

Why would you think that Omega wants to flood the market with watches and have market value be 50% of MSRP? If anything, the fact that they're switching their big releases over to OB priority rather than AD priority over the past few years (e.g. I got the Spectre Seamaster LE pretty easily from an AD when it came out, vs. the NTTD seamaster my AD said they were basically in the dark to how many they'd be getting while I had two separate OBs reach out to me asking if I wanted one) points in the opposite direction, that they want more control over the pricing of their watches and want better value retention compared to MSRP. And perhaps the strongest evidence against your claim that Omega will push this well below the MSRP price, look at other limited production watches like Apollo 8, no time to die seamaster, ed white 321. If Omega was really about squeezing their watches to the limit in order to maximize near term revenue then wouldn't market values of those watches have dropped meaningfully below MSRP (which they haven't)?

Maybe I'm totally wrong on this but my guess is a lot of people making these extreme claims don't have a lot of experience with Omega and are just guessing based off of what they've heard secondhand. I think that looking at Omega's track record, the available info we do have, and combining that with a bit of logical reasoning and a healthy dose of caution (because what we don't know is much more than what we do know) is a better choice compared to making wild speculative guesses based off of very little.

phooi, Arctic228 and YY77 like this.
  6. midimanwatch Oct 7, 2020

I can assure that you that I am, and it is one of the things that I was disappointed about with this watch.

Why did they mess about with the LUME? :mad:

hb8745 and E-wotch like this.
  7. Evitzee Oct 7, 2020

"Swatch Group shareholders are very fond of money and will squeeze this Snoopy to the limit" FIFY

rafabond and rominvicta like this.
  8. midimanwatch Oct 7, 2020

Depends but it looks like they have been put back to later in the year of first part of 2021 for OBs.

OBs get first grabs and AD's may get them later.

Nothing is guaranteed either but OBs are in the best position.

9. Evitzee Oct 7, 2020

Never can understand the fetish on lume, who are you all, a bunch of Thai kids stuck in a cave?

10. midimanwatch Oct 7, 2020

I'm sorry if you feel offended but if paid my deposit and remainder in full I would more than happily post a copy of my redacted (NO PERSONAL DETAILS INCLUDED) receipt on here just to prove all the doubters and conspiracy theorists wrong.

It would be useful to stop and help to stop all of the BS and silly arguments that are going on here :)

11. midimanwatch Oct 7, 2020

I know.

That would have been the icing on the cake for me.

My DSOM has full lume everywhere.

E-wotch and JetLinks like this.
  12. Martin_J_N Oct 7, 2020

I'm going to see my OB tomorrow, at that point I am going to pay my deposit for the watch, 10%, the watch is scheduled to be delivered to them in 2021, this is fine as I am moving house so not having to pay for the watch in full immediately is a big bonus.

The store manager has been told how many he is getting, but he is not telling anyone how many as yet. Once they have finished contacting people who 'expressed an interest' and got the deposits from those who still want the watch, then a decision will be made on whether you get a watch from the first batch or a later batch.

Which batch will I be in? I have no idea, a Speedy and a Railmaster bought from them in the last 15 months may help, it may not.

13. Martin_J_N Oct 7, 2020

I live not that far from a nuclear power station, will that help the rocket glow?

14. rominvicta Oct 7, 2020

Precisely and let us bear in mind as of lately these shareholders were not able to get it done with almost no other watches.

15. Martin_J_N Oct 7, 2020

I agree, what is going on with all these comments about lume? I was on the Rolex forum earlier and there is a thread there about lume and why it fades, and why watches don't glow all night.

FFS who sits up all night in the dark looking at a watch dial and its lume?

And on a Speedy, it's not exactly a dive watch is it?

Twocats, s2000_driver and YY77 like this.
  16. hb8745 Oct 7, 2020

Whoever this is quoted from has no idea what they're talking about.

The Hayek family reach owned ~40% out last time I checked, and I would bet they are more concerned with preserving the long-term brand and family legacy. They are wealthy enough where they could give two shts abou short term stock px.

So with the family in control of the shares and with deep board representation, please tell me which SH groups are going to "squeeze this Snoopy to the limit." Shareholders don't get involved with decisions like that. You wouldn't even get a phone call returned if you owned < 5%, much less provide input onto how many units of snoopy to produce.

17. hb8745 Oct 7, 2020

Jesus christ how are some of you commenting here so obtuse.

"I can't understand why someone would think this"
    "I can't fathom why someone would think that"

Discussion turns to deposits - great here's my time to complain about people who are talking about deposits, and how we're not talking about the watch.

Discussion turns to the watch (lume) - great here's my time to complain about other people not liking the watch (lume).

I guess the message is, only post what you love about the watch. I know i'm new to these forums, but some of you are really starting to come across as hardcore fanboys.

STANDY likes this.
  18. platogsd Oct 7, 2020

I'm so lost and confused! Why is everyone fighting? I haven't read the full thread as it has blown up a bit, but I don't really understand why anyone should share a receipt online to strangers? Let's all cheers and be excited for what is to come! ::rimshot:::):cool:

19. LeonDeBayonne Oct 7, 2020

Good. Now that the Snoopy is released, what comes next? ST3?

rominvicta and nahckered like this.
  20. Evitzee Oct 7, 2020

What's to come is endless whining and complaining because their Snoopy hasn't arrived yet: so and so got theirs and I didn't get mine even though I paid in full and he didn't, etc, etc, etc.