Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. mk2rick Oct 7, 2020

i just saw the article posted on Fratello on the hands on picture for the Snoopy 50th... Is it me or does the blue look very different from the blue seen in Omega's launch photos?

2. Nyrmala Oct 7, 2020

You've got a link to this article ?

3. mk2rick Oct 7, 2020

4. Nyrmala Oct 7, 2020

5. Nyrmala Oct 7, 2020

But why the heck no one seems interested by the Lume on this watch.
    The previous Snoopy was incredible in the dark. What about this one ?

6. taz101 Oct 7, 2020

“I’ll go back to England for buy one there”

good luck lol

7. mk2rick Oct 7, 2020

Think we are gonna be disappointed on this one .. no fancy lume for this watch, only on the usual hour markets and hands

8. Peter_from_NL Oct 7, 2020

Limited production and no limited edition. Whatever. I find it strange to buy a 50th anniversary watch a few years after the annuiversary date. When would they stop production? When the 55th is there or so???

9. EricCsN Oct 7, 2020

what do you do with those pcs whose anniversary are past? do you not cherish them after the dates? do ppl not hanker after snoopy 2 (45 anniversary) even now?

10. Soulcreek Oct 7, 2020

Rolex do it all the time, just they don’t plaster “50th Anniversary” on it. I think 50 had to be done but who knows when the next one will be...not 55 I’m guessing.

11. Martin_J_N Oct 7, 2020

I guess that Omega will stop at 50th anniversaries unless there is a big upturn in interest in space travel.

If memory serves me correctly Buzz Aldrin pondered on what had been achieved since Apollo 17 and the last humans to walk on the moon, so unless we decide in the very near future to either go back to the moon and establish a permanent base on its surface or we head off to Mars my gut feeling is that the 50th anniversary is the end of the line for Apollo celebrations, there may be an A17 50th to commemorate the last walk on the moon but I don't expect an A14 or A15 or A16 50th watches.

mk2rick likes this.
  12. Nyrmala Oct 7, 2020

The whole brand is based on spacial conquest, I don't see them stoping anytime soon their anniversary editions

13. pw92676 Oct 7, 2020

It is simple. Factoring in the stuff like “how limited is it” and “when exactly does it arrive” may merit consideration to some but I personally don’t care too much about it.

So to me the bottom line is l: If you like it, and want to put a deposit down, do it. If you don’t like it or don’t want to put a deposit down, don’t.

I think this principle applies to most things in life for me. “It”’can be a watch or anything else for that matter.

Caliber561, phooi, GT3 and 1 other person like this.
  14. midimanwatch Oct 7, 2020

I reckon 50th is the best year to celebrate the award.

But 45 and 50 has done it now. .

Lets not have anymore of these LE, or LPs either Omega or else we will end up looking like KFCs menu.

15. Arctic228 Oct 7, 2020

Which of the Omega OEM nylons straps with deployant clasps would be options for this Snoopy?

16. Omega-Q Oct 7, 2020

Read Robert Jan's article...he talked about the lume on the watch.

17. Nyrmala Oct 7, 2020

I quote :

"Also important to add, Super-LumiNova is used on the hands and hour markers. No glow-in-the-dark Snoopy this time. Also the ceramic bezel has not been treated with lume."

Huge let down if you ask me

JetLinks, softwareurchin and E-wotch like this.
  18. bobby shankit Oct 7, 2020

I couldn't care less as to what odd's it's with that you've been given from the ever so important Uk Flagstores, i'm not sure i like the tone of your reply almost suggesting i'm talking some load of crap like many others on here in 100 odd pages of conspiracy theories about who's going to get one and who won't as you want me to share a copy of my deposit receipt, maybe get one of your Uk Flagstores to check for you that i've paid :thumbsup:

The boutique in question is the Trafford Centre Manchester of which i've purchased regularly from them over the last 5 years and not just watches, i've read all the other experts opinions on here too about OB's getting them first and how many they'll get and top of the list will get theirs first but i couldn't give a wild one, i'v paid my deposit to an OB so as in your own words "OB's lists will be getting first priority on orders in the UK." ::bleh::

Seems to be a lot of uptight people on here ready to jump on anyone who says they've ordered one, paid a deposit etc, does it really fucking matter ::screwloose:: it's only a watch and certainly not the most important thing or purchase i'll be making but maybe it is for them, such a friendly place at times this forum :thumbsdown:

Edited Oct 7, 2020
    s2000_driver, phooi, taz101 and 4 others like this.
  19. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Oct 7, 2020

It’s not a Omega conspiracy theory. It’s a watch that’s been released and if Omega says it’s going to be made for two years that’s good enough for me to believe it’s going to be available for many.
    I believe more of what Fratello writes than any OB salesman at this point in time.

Chill all this speculative BC7655CE-CB1A-4225-9AAC-094E05185F54.gif and let’s talk about the watch.

20. Soulcreek Oct 7, 2020

That sure told him lol

pauly, STANDY and bobby shankit like this.